BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Looks like failing to go up this year is going to be pretty brutal for Villa. Apparently they need to raise £45m through sales just to avoid sanctions. They've spent £150m in the last three seasons. Wage bill is horrific.

They could be in pretty bad shape next season. 

No wonder all the 'Grealish is worth at least 30 mil' news articles floating around - they are hawking him off to at least cover half that.

They have hit the ceiling after years of gambling on promotion. They have no choice now and it could damage them in the same way it has us - they will have to run as a normal championship club now. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lampard footballing experience and knowledge plus his worldwide contacts. Plus he has experience people Harry Redknapp around him. 

Lampard will aim high and try to get promotion this season despited the cutbacks..

Who are these worldwide contacts?

• Like 1

Lampard footballing experience and knowledge plus his worldwide contacts. Plus he has experience people Harry Redknapp around him. 

Lampard will aim high and try to get promotion this season despited the cutbacks..

Surely Shearer had footballing experience and 'worldwide contacts' - so are you basically saying Lampard will do well because of his uncle?

In that case - Jamie Redknapp should have gone into management - imagine how his dad could have helped him. Darren Ferguson has shown just how much a good manager as a father can help.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

I think having the pick of city and Chelsea's kids will help. He's a very intelligent likeable person. He has an IQ of 157 so he's a smart lad. He has a wealth of football experience and will be respected from the off. I know he has no managerial experience and until he starts managing no one really knows how well he is going to do I just believe he will do well and has all the qualities to succeed. 

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think having the pick of city and Chelsea's kids will help. He's a very intelligent likeable person. He has an IQ of 157 so he's a smart lad. He has a wealth of football experience and will be respected from the off. I know he has no managerial experience and until he starts managing no one really knows how well he is going to do I just believe he will do well and has all the qualities to succeed. 

Never knew that - doesnt sound smart though but that might just be that awful cockney accent.

42 minutes ago, ossyian said:

So did Bobby Charlton (twice or thrice the player Lampard was),  Nobby Stiles, Geoff Hurst, Alan Ball, Brian Kidd etc etc. An international footballer does not always = great manager!

No where did I say he would be great manager did I. 

Pep, Conte, Pochettino, Zidane, Ancoletti, have all had good footballing careers and managerial careers aswell. I agree with @Oldgregg86 comment below and I think he is 100% correct

18 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Pep, Conte, Pochettino, Zidane, Ancoletti, have all had good footballing careers and managerial careers aswell. I agree with @Oldgregg86 comment below and I think he is 100% correct

They’re all foreign though. 2 of those were given teams which even Owen Coyle could succeed at.

It’d be nice to see a recently retired England international do well, but it just doesn’t happen. The last one which managed in this division was Stuart Pearce, and he was bloody awful.

Away from Championship, Neville, Barnes and others have failed. Even Gareth Southgate’s a failure in my eyes for his relegation at Boro. 

The only ex-England international I can think of as doing well in my life time is Steve Coppell.  

No wonder people get angry with u chaddy. The gist of your post was Lampard would be successful just because of his playing career. I was just pointing out that this is not usually the case with ex England 'greats'.  In my lifetime only Jack Charlton has achieved as a manager (and even he admits he was a bit of a donkey footballing wise). So thanks but don' be so sanctimonious

Just now, ossyian said:

No wonder people get angry with u chaddy. The gist of your post was Lampard would be successful just because of his playing career. I was just pointing out that this is not usually the case with ex England 'greats'.  In my lifetime only Jack Charlton has achieved as a manager (and even he admits he was a bit of a donkey footballing wise). So thanks but don' be so sanctimonious

Well firstly give him a proper chance before judging him and writing him off.

At Least Lampard has took a job instead of staying with the TV work. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I think he’ll do ok there but I think a lot of it will be Jody Morris, with his tactical nouse and Lampards standing within the game to attract players in they should do ok.

As mentioned they’ll get the pick of the Chelsea loanees you’d think and you can build several squads on them!

8 hours ago, scotchrover said:

They’re all foreign though. 2 of those were given teams which even Owen Coyle could succeed at.

It’d be nice to see a recently retired England international do well, but it just doesn’t happen. The last one which managed in this division was Stuart Pearce, and he was bloody awful.

Away from Championship, Neville, Barnes and others have failed. Even Gareth Southgate’s a failure in my eyes for his relegation at Boro. 

The only ex-England international I can think of as doing well in my life time is Steve Coppell.  

Keegan "i Would bloody love it", was almost successful and probably should have been with that Newcastle side.

Bryan Robson another failure.

It really is difficult to think of any ex-England international to become a successful manager.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Ridiculous to call Bobby Robson a failure. He had his beloved Newcastle right up there. 5th IIRC and sacked! They embarrassed themselves with that one.

Bobby Robson was great manager. His achievements with England, Ipswich and Newcastle was excellent. 

Yes Stuart I agree with your embarrased comment when they sacked him

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bobby Robson was great manager. His achievements with England, Ipswich and Newcastle was excellent. 

Yes Stuart I agree with your embarrased comment when they sacked him

I said Bryan Robson

Bobby Robson is about the only one. Terry Venables as well perhaps but he was only capped twice by England.

Edit - wrong quote - meant for Stuart.

Edited by JacknOry

15 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I said Bryan Robson

Bobby Robson is about the only one. Terry Venables as well perhaps but he was only capped twice by England.

Edit - wrong quote - meant for Stuart.

what about Sir Alf,Stan Cullis, Joe Mercer and Don Revie all capped for england

Edited by had.e.nuff