BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

• Moderation Lead

Aye, he’s had a decent enough record and just because he isn’t that well known, doesn’t mean he won’t be a success. I too think he will surprise a few….

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well it won't be that surprising. I mean it's 1st or 2nd. The only surprise would be if he won it and even that wouldn't be much of a surprise! Thats Scottish football 

By that set of benchmarks what is he meant to do then?

Edited by oldjamfan1

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

By that set of benchmarks what is he meant to do then?

He probably has to win it I would say. I can't see them giving him much time beyond that unless he wins the Scottish cup maybe. Rangers looked mile's ahead last season from what I saw. He has it all to do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He probably has to win it I would say. I can't see them giving him much time beyond that unless he wins the Scottish cup maybe. Rangers looked mile's ahead last season from what I saw. He has it all to do. 

Same goes for anyone in an old firm manager’s job I suppose. I doubt Gerrard would have lasted at Rangers beyond last season if they hadn’t stopped ten in a row.

Rangers were many miles ahead but everything went their way and that won’t happen every year. It doesn’t take a genius to work out what Celtic need to do to narrow the gap. 

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Same goes for anyone in an old firm manager’s job I suppose. I doubt Gerrard would have lasted at Rangers beyond last season if they hadn’t stopped ten in a row.

Rangers were many miles ahead but everything went their way and that won’t happen every year. It doesn’t take a genius to work out what Celtic need to do to narrow the gap. 

Once he made progress I don't think they would have sacked Gerrard. I don't think there was an expectation to win the league. 

Go on then, what do you think Celtic need to do? Their recruitment hasn't been fantastic recently 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Once he made progress I don't think they would have sacked Gerrard. I don't think there was an expectation to win the league. 

Go on then, what do you think Celtic need to do? Their recruitment hasn't been fantastic recently 

Stop giving away ridiculously sloppy goals and score first in the Old Firm games :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lol that would be a start, but I think there is a lot more to it than that. 

I'm sure there is but when those two are so far ahead of everyone else when you play each other 4 times a season you can't be losing all 4 Old Firm games. I reckon Sellick are worth a punt for the title next season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don` think this postecoglou chap knows what he`s getting himself into tbh,glasgow is`nt like sunny australia with a kickabout every saturday morning.lose two games in a row and they are burning effigies of you

That's right. There's basically only one team to beat, but if you don't beat them you're fooked!

Slightly off topic - but on Celtic I was amazed to see Duffy be as bad as he was last year. 

I know he was always a pretty clumsy player at the best of times, and not a modern centre half in how he plays the game, having made a pretty decent first of things for Brighton I expected him to cope fine at Parkhead. I even thought that with the number of corners/free kicks the Old Firm get, it wouldn't be ridiculous if he reached double figures!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Slightly off topic - but on Celtic I was amazed to see Duffy be as bad as he was last year. 

I know he was always a pretty clumsy player at the best of times, and not a modern centre half in how he plays the game, having made a pretty decent first of things for Brighton I expected him to cope fine at Parkhead. I even thought that with the number of corners/free kicks the Old Firm get, it wouldn't be ridiculous if he reached double figures!

His dad died and I think that impacted on him. People sometimes think footballers are robots. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His dad died and I think that impacted on him. People sometimes think footballers are robots. 

Aye his dad died suddenly at a relatively young age (younger than me by some way anyway!). Must have been a tough time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Mods, if this is deemed to be offensive I do apologise and please remove. It was sent to me by a Rangers fan earlier and it is very clever and very funny but a bit near the knuckle in respect of sectarian things.

D8468A6A-CD72-46D9-A11E-B66681817C0E.jpeg

That will probably completely meaningless to most down here OJF. They will have to resort to Google me thinks

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 16:34, Admiral Nelsen said:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...