BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

“The forward’s Blackburn Rovers teammate Ben Brereton has recently committed his future to Chile and has appeared at Copa America off the back of it. Gallagher wants to follow a similar path with Scotland”.

Someone should tell him that Scotland don’t play in Copa America 😃😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

“The forward’s Blackburn Rovers teammate Ben Brereton has recently committed his future to Chile and has appeared at Copa America off the back of it. Gallagher wants to follow a similar path with Scotland”.

Someone should tell him that Scotland don’t play in Copa America 😃😃

Perhaps they should 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Based on the standard of Scottish International football, Gally will walk straight into the starting line up in any defensive position he fancies.

But I thought Scotland had won the euros?

Wonder what their open top bus parade was all about then? 😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Rangers 1 Celtic 1, August 1967 and an attendance at Ibrox of just over 94k. Photo on the left shows the Celtic support on the ‘Celtic End’ with the other photo showing the home end. I love the old oval shaped Scottish grounds, they had so much character and generated a superb atmosphere. I have been on the ‘old’ Celtic Park with a crowd of 75k and a much reduced Hampden, a couple of times, when the attendance was somewhere around the 50-60k mark.

63D33A05-A7FA-4B4C-B6B3-B2EF0673B2C3.jpeg

94857DAB-15F3-4923-9E3D-51EAA3D96752.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2022 at 11:56, Claytons Left Boot said:

Rangers 1 Celtic 1, August 1967 and an attendance at Ibrox of just over 94k. Photo on the left shows the Celtic support on the ‘Celtic End’ with the other photo showing the home end. I love the old oval shaped Scottish grounds, they had so much character and generated a superb atmosphere. I have been on the ‘old’ Celtic Park with a crowd of 75k and a much reduced Hampden, a couple of times, when the attendance was somewhere around the 50-60k mark.

63D33A05-A7FA-4B4C-B6B3-B2EF0673B2C3.jpeg

94857DAB-15F3-4923-9E3D-51EAA3D96752.jpeg

The penalty taker looks like Tommy Gemmell.

• Like 1

Decided to have a stress free Saturday, this weekend. No thinking about Venky’s, no thinking about Tony Mowbray, no analysis of our current death spiral, no pondering of square pegs in round holes and so on. 

First time on Celtic Park since 2003 and, strangely, I was sat in the same seats/section as when we lost the first leg of our UEFA Cup tie that night, Henrik Larsson scoring with ten or so minutes to go.

Drove into the Parkhead district of Glasgow at 1pm, no traffic queues whatsoever, plenty of free parking on nearby side streets, we actually parked up on a retail park, five minutes from the ground and sampled a pint of the black stuff in one of the many pubs on the Gallowgate. No hassle, queues or problems despite a 60k crowd, plenty of time for photos and showing my mate around the outside of the stadium. Decent seats and view, with a great atmosphere as you would expect with a 7-0 win.

New manager Ange Postecoglou is doing a great job up there. He’s managed in the Japanese J League and obviously has connections because of that. Three of the current four Japanese players at Celtic are generally making the starting eleven and it shows that some real, relatively cheap, talent can be picked up if you think outside the box. Rovers take note. 

068A5594-5E92-4534-A4D8-60A97D2977FF.jpeg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought you’d have been at Belle Vue watching the pie eaters crush Wakey. That Jai Field looks like he could catch pigeons.

Yeah, a bit of a balancing act Tyrone. My mrs managed to somehow get two tickets for the Celtic game without me knowing, so off we went there!

Still a season ticket holder at the DW and yes, Jai Field is a quick lad and a damn good player.

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How the bloody hell we lost up there I’ll never know, Tugay master class… well beaten at Ewood the week after mind.

Too right Matty, we bossed the game from start to finish. We were being bought breakfast whiskies by Irish Celtic fans in the hotel the next morning and they acknowledged that as well. Celtic were a top notch team then and, of course, reached the final. How far we’ve fallen.

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How the bloody hell we lost up there I’ll never know, Tugay master class… well beaten at Ewood the week after mind.

Because we passed it around nicely but barely created a chance of note. They were always going to score with their forwards. Then Andy Cole missed a one-on-one early doors in the second leg and they destroyed us after that. 

11 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Too right Matty, we bossed the game from start to finish. We were being bought breakfast whiskies by Irish Celtic fans in the hotel the next morning and they acknowledged that as well. Celtic were a top notch team then and, of course, reached the final. How far we’ve fallen.

Celtic were a well organised team with a world class striker and two other very good forward options. 
They knocked two fairly average premier league teams out but I think would have struggled against the top 4 of the time. 
And you know I’m a Sellick sympathiser Mark but I do get a bit sick of hearing about that UEFA Cup run. 

• Like 2

On 11/04/2022 at 19:38, oldjamfan1 said:

Celtic were a well organised team with a world class striker and two other very good forward options. 
They knocked two fairly average premier league teams out but I think would have struggled against the top 4 of the time. 
And you know I’m a Sellick sympathiser Mark but I do get a bit sick of hearing about that UEFA Cup run. 

I’ll start telling you of the 1967 European Cup run if your not careful and my trip to the Stadion da Luz as a 17year old. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ianrally said:

I’ll start telling you of the 1967 European Cup run if your not careful and my trip to the Stadion da Luz as a 17year old. 

Now that is a story worth listening to pal. 🏆
Runners up in the Mickey Mouse European competition. Not so much. Rangers fans might be giving it laldy in a similar way in May. 

• Like 1