BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Rangers have been in last 16 twice

And in new format in 1992 which we pretty much created through Canpbell Ogilvie we were unbeaten

Celtic been to last 16 a few times to dunno were your getting your stats would chuck them in the bin

Any truth in Jordan Rhodes to rangers?

Hey let us make any convoluted equation to show that our country is relevant. I remember Australia doing the same during the 2008 Olympics when they could not handle Britain spanking them in the medals table. Don't bite the hand that feeds you dryhorse, or one day the rest of the UK will stop subsidising all your methadone. 

Enjoy watching the world cup, knowing that even if England lose 8-0 every game, they did better than an embittered nation whose identity is defined by the hatred of one nation, and the pathetic apeing and idolisation of the difficulties of another.

• Like 1

Well done Dryhorse for standing up for Scotland against the unexplained hostility and vitriol of the rest of this board.  I don't get why English people have to go so far out their way to run down the Scottish league.  it's strange, if you're league is so great why do you all seem so obsessed about ours.   It's the equivalent of us in Scotland spending a lot of time having a go at the Irish league because our league is better.  get over it, both leagues exist and have their own merits.

if you want to see plastic, corporate football the English league is the place to be, if not there's plenty more out their.  There may not be the quality but that doesn't make it any less worth watching.  

Just now, McClarky said:

Well done Dryhorse for standing up for Scotland against the unexplained hostility and vitriol of the rest of this board.

Is that the same Dryhorse who had to have a thread started for him so he didn't infect the rest of the board with the massive chip on his Scottish shoulder?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Well done Dryhorse for standing up for Scotland against the unexplained hostility and vitriol of the rest of this board.  I don't get why English people have to go so far out their way to run down the Scottish league.  it's strange, if you're league is so great why do you all seem so obsessed about ours.   It's the equivalent of us in Scotland spending a lot of time having a go at the Irish league because our league is better.  get over it, both leagues exist and have their own merits.

if you want to see plastic, corporate football the English league is the place to be, if not there's plenty more out their.  There may not be the quality but that doesn't make it any less worth watching.  

I don’t know a single person that gives a toss about Scottish football. I doubt most folk down here could name a single player in the SPL - maybe Scott Brown at a push.

No obsession, just this horse fella giving out plenty, but moving the goalposts every time he’s caught out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dryhorse said:

Rangers have been in last 16 twice

And in new format in 1992 which we pretty much created through Canpbell Ogilvie we were unbeaten

Celtic been to last 16 a few times to dunno were your getting your stats would chuck them in the bin

Re-read what I posted then please get them back out the bin.

Although I do apologise, it wasn't Israel. It was APOEL from cyprus who have done what the Old Firm haven't. What s the population of Cyprus? 

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Mowbray could not win our league as a boss at Celtic

In fact no Englishman has as boss

Fergie Dalglish all won EPL as gaffers

So much about our about our pub league ???

I never thought about it like that. 

I see Scottish football in a whole new light now.

Thank you for educating us all.

Roll on August. St mirren til I die

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Mowbray could not win our league as a boss at Celtic

In fact no Englishman has as boss

Fergie Dalglish all won EPL as gaffers

So much about our about our pub league ???

But Rodgers has won several SPL titles (and other trophies) and is Northern Irish, a country which you have been deriding for their lack of major championship qualification. I can only think of two Englishmen managing Celtic and Rangers. One was Mowbray and the other John Barnes who actually crashed and burned at Tranmere.

Edit: Add Lennon and O'Neill to the list of Nothern Irishmen.

Edited by arbitro

Wow saying NI were one of the worst defensive park the bus teams at Hampden is deriding them?

Northern Ireland is not England fellas dont see why you would even want to bring that up

Also pretty sure most of these guys got there badges in Largs with Mourinio and Martnez and so many others

Epic fail again lads this would be comical if it was not so sad 

????

29 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Wow saying NI were one of the worst defensive park the bus teams at Hampden is deriding them?

Northern Ireland is not England fellas dont see why you would even want to bring that up

Also pretty sure most of these guys got there badges in Largs with Mourinio and Martnez and so many others

Epic fail again lads this would be comical if it was not so sad 

????

Of course you derided them - read again what you wrote. You used them and Wales to compare against Scotland's record in major tournaments. 

You are turning into McChaddy.

Scotland been to more than Wales might not got out the group due to goal difference a few times but we were there at world cups even England failed to reach

Worce keague in the world give me a break think your trolling for a reaction not us

Scotland been to more than Wales might not got out the group due to goal difference a few times but we were there at world cups even England failed to reach

Worce keague in the world give me a break think your trolling for a reaction not us

Scottish football in general has a dirth of quality players compared to the players they had available up until the turn of the millennium. This shows in the Nationals side's struggles. 

Its not the worst league in the world. Its just not very good. Outside of Celtic, the other sides would struggle to get out of League One.

eltic are a cut above obviously, but there impact in the Champions League compared to English teams shows that they are miles behind in general. They're probably bottom half prem with the rest of the SPL two leagues below. That's not me trying to put Scottish Premier League down. That's just being honest as I see it.

If we were linked with an up-and-coming Scottish talent would I risk bringing him to Ewood?  Yes, as he's as much chance of proving beneficial as an up and coming English player. However if he's made numerous SPL appearances for Hibs or Partick Thistle, it carries very little weight.

Apologies if you think that's trolling but I think that's a fairly balanced opinion.

• Like 2

Aye that is not you putting it down neither it is

So give me ten signings from league two teams or league one teams that go straight to the EPL

Again other question since you dpnt want to answer my kast one still waiting for a answer on that to

And if it is why you watching it?Lets me gause you dont that is just the same consensuis that 95% of English fans come with

Difference is the scouts do for all our games there full of English championship scouts even at Scots league one level teams like PNE scouting McDade

Just now, Dryhorse said:

Aye that is not you putting it down neither it is

So give me ten signings from league two teams or league one teams that go straight to the EPL

Again other question since you dpnt want to answer my kast one still waiting for a answer on that to

And if it is why you watching it?Lets me gause you dont that is just the same consensuis that 95% of English fans come with

Difference is the scouts do for all our games there full of English championship scouts even at Scots league one level teams like PNE scouting McDade

Image result for scottish football is garbage

I dont think your trolling I know you are

Look at Scott Arfield prime example plays over 100 games at Scottish championship level with Falkirk

Goes down to Huddersfield keeps older guts on less games out the team gets promoted adapts and devolopes in championship moves to Burnley ends up in EPL

And he puts that down to playing more competitive football instead of under 23 stuff were winning is important

Now has a great mentality to come back up the road and play for his boyhood heroes Rangers

Loads of others in his shoes to did the same 

The thing is most young English talent ends up in the vast youth teams of the big Premier League academies and then get loaned out. There will be plenty who go out on loan to league one and league two before returning and making their mark in the Premier League.

However in answer to your question:-

Fabian Delph  /  Nick Powell  /  Dele Ali  /  Dwight Gayle  /  Matt Lowton / Wayne Hennessey / Harry Maguire / Johan Berg Gudmundsson / Jonjo Shelvey / Calvert-Lewin

Edited by Hasta