Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

47 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Most there played league one 

I asked for league two

So you cant name another 10 out league two thought not

2 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

Aye that is not you putting it down neither it is

So give me ten signings from league two teams or league one teams that go straight to the EPL

Again other question since you dpnt want to answer my kast one still waiting for a answer on that to

No, you clearly didn't.

I see what people mean when they say you keep moving the goalposts. :lol:

Plus I said Scotland was equivalent to League One, not League two.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Dryhorse said:

How im I changing the goal post he mention league two

I am asking 10 players wgo went durectly to EPL its not even hard pretty sure our championship sold more

Because you asked to name players from League One OR League Two.   Now you are saying you want league two players only.

And when you said "HE" mentioned League two, who are you referring to? 

Edited by Hasta

20 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

How im I changing the goal post he mention league two

I am asking 10 players wgo went durectly to EPL its not even hard pretty sure our championship sold more

You are like the scottish version of chaddy (no offence to chaddy)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

So you not got 10 then for me?

You expect me to catch the names?

How many of you are in here?

Been a few comments on same lin if you happen to scroll down

But it dont matter I just want answers nobody has a lot of them in here it seems

I gave you 10 players and answered your question.

As for what else you are talking about I have no idea. Your posts are generally too nonsensical to understand.

Give up. You've had a bit of Stenhousemuir here.

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t know a single person that gives a toss about Scottish football. I doubt most folk down here could name a single player in the SPL - maybe Scott Brown at a push.

No obsession, just this horse fella giving out plenty, but moving the goalposts every time he’s caught out.

So your so unobsessed with it your still commenting?

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where would Celtic finish in the Premier league I wonder? A flirt with relegation would be on the cards I would say, although I would expect them to stay up. 

Championship? In and around the play-offs 

Sorry but this is an oft trotted out and really meaningless argument.  if Celtic were moved into the EPL they would have hunners of millions of pounds to spend and would have a completely different team to the 1 they have now so any prediction to where they would finish is meaningless.  They would also have a huge worldwide support and a weekly gate of 60,000 so the building blocks would be there to be as successful as anyone else in that league.  Hopefully it will never happen but it's clear that if they moved down south they would be up there challenging within a few years, especially if they got the investment that some others have had.  Not in any way a Celtic fan myself but they would be a huge draw for investment with their overseas reach, way more than  a Man City or a Chelsea.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, McClarky said:

So your so unobsessed with it your still commenting?

Why on earth would any English person have an ‘obsession’ with Scottish football?

*Final comment.

Edited by Mattyblue

29 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

All stems from the view that certain people don't want to sign players from certain pro-leagues, completely forgetting that we've currently got one of our best in Mulgrew from there. It's not just snobbery, it's stupidity. Maybe we should only sign players from the Prem and Championship - oh wait, about 40 other teams probably have the pick of that crop ahead of us.

In terms of dryhorse’s nonsense It actually all stemmed from me stating that the Scottish Premier League is a poor standard - which it is.

Edited by oldjamfan1

29 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

In terms of dryhorse’s nonsense It actually all stemmed from me stating that the Scottish Premier League is a poor standard - which it is.

As I posted on the last page there are reasons why the standard has fallen but it Is as poor as it has ever been. I don't think anyone ever said it was league two standard although I said league one for most clubs which I think is fair.

However if there's was any up and coming young player then I'd still have a look at bringing them to a Championship club. I'd worry about any non-Celtic journeymen coming in though.

• Like 1

Hows it poor as its ever been teams like Motherwell and Killie have had great seasons Hibs Rangers Aberdeen fought till last day for second

Ross County went down on last day Partick knocked out in semis as said before there was a bigger gap in the EPL

2 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Hows it poor as its ever been teams like Motherwell and Killie have had great seasons Hibs Rangers Aberdeen fought till last day for second

Ross County went down on last day Partick knocked out in semis as said before there was a bigger gap in the EPL

I'm talking in general, not this season. It's because in the 80s and 90s the gap between salaries in the SPL and other major European leagues wasn't as great,so players in their prime like Laudrup and Larson may move there. Other clubs in the top flight wouldn't lose their players to relatively lower league English clubs just because they could pay seriously more in wages. 

However the stupid money thrown about by TV means that average players would rather turn up on £8k in the Champinship than in Scotland. That's not a fault or criticism of the Scottish league. It's just another side effect of the gross money in the game. I'm not knocking the competitiveness of the league outside of Celtic, just that the quality of players plying their trade in Scotland's is worse than in previous eras.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

This thread is giving me a headache now - think ill try to avoid it. Just sometimes when there are no more bold topics to choose - i just click it.

To be fair at least it's on topic !! ?

3 hours ago, McClarky said:

Sorry but this is an oft trotted out and really meaningless argument.  if Celtic were moved into the EPL they would have hunners of millions of pounds to spend and would have a completely different team to the 1 they have now so any prediction to where they would finish is meaningless.  They would also have a huge worldwide support and a weekly gate of 60,000 so the building blocks would be there to be as successful as anyone else in that league.  Hopefully it will never happen but it's clear that if they moved down south they would be up there challenging within a few years, especially if they got the investment that some others have had.  Not in any way a Celtic fan myself but they would be a huge draw for investment with their overseas reach, way more than  a Man City or a Chelsea.

Dont agree...celtic will never have the level of attraction in places like the far east that city or chelsea have