Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

35 now is Craig. Playing regularly for St Johnstone 25 appearances this season 

I wish we had the him now (at his peak obviously!). Always enjoyed watching him, and a far better crosser of a ball than anyone we have now (Elliott apart possibly). 

£350k for him AND Rudy. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely typical example of English people not understanding how big Celtic and Rangers really are. Arsenal as big as Celtic? Aye right, dream on. The only English clubs that have the same level of

I’ve had leanings towards Celtic since the late 60s and lost count of the number of times I’ve been up over the years. Only missed a Rovers game once, mind, when I managed to get hold of two tickets f

That’s a first class post RoverInverness. I’ve just spent half an hour penning a post and then deleted it because I just can’t be arsed any more trying to explain the situation in Scotland. I’m glad I

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I wish we had the him now (at his peak obviously!). Always enjoyed watching him, and a far better crosser of a ball than anyone we have now (Elliott apart possibly). 

The same could be said for Callum Davidson at left back at his peak compared to the present incumbents

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Former Rovers defender Callum Davidson has just guided St Johnstone to the Scottish League Cup beating Livingstone in the final today 1-0. The goal was a header from a corner by another former Rovers man Craig Conway. How we have missed his delivery since he has left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nah won’t happen, chadster assured me he won’t be taking a job outside the south...

Well technically he's going abroad 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Howe will be a very good appointment for Celtic. It may take him a while to get them up to speed though and I hope the fans are patient enough to stick with it.

He may get a shock at just what a huge club it is given the minnows he’s managed in the past 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Callum Davidsons St Johnstone through to Scottish cup final with 2-1 win. Some impressive stats in the commentary three defeats in last 20 games. Only eight defeats in last 37. Built a team that knows how to manage the game out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, blackburnpepper said:

Good to see the Rangers back on top again. 10 consecutive league titles for Celtic is so boring...

I’m a big Hibs too, delighted with 3rd place this year. Pleased Rangers have won it to be honest, and I hate them, but it’s good for Scottish football. Looks like Hearts and Dundee coming up next year so should be a better league next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had leanings towards Celtic since the late 60s and lost count of the number of times I’ve been up over the years. Only missed a Rovers game once, mind, when I managed to get hold of two tickets for an Old Firm game in 1991. The Hibs fans’ rendition of Sunshine on Leith after the 2016 Scottish Cup Final was absolutely spot on, one of those ‘hairs standing up on your neck’ moments.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people still don't realise just how massive Celtic and Rangers actually are. You can understand why their fans get annoyed at players signing for the likes of Bournemouth etc above an old firm team. 

Celtic have much more right to be in any European elite league than Spurs or Arsenal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

A lot of people still don't realise just how massive Celtic and Rangers actually are. You can understand why their fans get annoyed at players signing for the likes of Bournemouth etc above an old firm team. 

Celtic have much more right to be in any European elite league than Spurs or Arsenal.

Pie and peas League for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Pie and peas League for me

Celtic pissed on Rovers' chips though didn't they? I had to go into an office full of Celtic fans the next day at work as well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

A lot of people still don't realise just how massive Celtic and Rangers actually are. You can understand why their fans get annoyed at players signing for the likes of Bournemouth etc above an old firm team. 

Celtic have much more right to be in any European elite league than Spurs or Arsenal.

Don't agree. Celtic are a massive club in Scotland but European wise they're small fry. Arsenal are undoubtedly a bigger club.  Far more European prestige.  Spurs aren't that much different to Celtic.  The odd final here and there. I would class the likes of ajax Atletico Madrid etc as bigger clubs than Celtic.  They don't even come close to the likes of Barcelona real Madrid juventus man utd Liverpool inter Milan ac Milan bayern Munich.  For the amount of seasons Celtic have played in Europe, 1 trophy is pretty pathetic.  Ajax have 4 champions leagues. A couple of uefa cups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, roverandout said:

Don't agree. Celtic are a massive club in Scotland but European wise they're small fry. Arsenal are undoubtedly a bigger club.  Far more European prestige.  Spurs aren't that much different to Celtic.  The odd final here and there. I would class the likes of ajax Atletico Madrid etc as bigger clubs than Celtic.  They don't even come close to the likes of Barcelona real Madrid juventus man utd Liverpool inter Milan ac Milan bayern Munich.  For the amount of seasons Celtic have played in Europe, 1 trophy is pretty pathetic.  Ajax have 4 champions leagues. A couple of uefa cups.

In terms of fan bases, there aren’t many bigger clubs in the world than Celtic or Rangers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.