BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Matches

Just now, Parsonblue said:

One of our worst pre-seasons ended with us winning the Premier League title!

And, from memory, we only signed 2 players in that  first window after we were promoted, ----Shearer and that young 'un from Chelsea!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's crazy how far we have gone behind Liverpool. We used to always give them a good game in the premiership and often came out on top. The money they have spent on players, 70 million goalie on the way. I'd say they could be cities closest rivals next season 

It's the Premier League as a whole. West Ham, with no money from player sales, European cup play or commercial revenue has still just bought a player for £35 million, and has brought in 6 players before him. Just being in the PL, regardless of quality or result, nets you enormous money these days. 

My thoughts are

Very impressive by Nyambe. did a good job 

Thought Rothwell and Dack played well. Dack in the false 9 isn't  his role but he adapt well. Would I like to see more of it, not sure. 

Samuel was a waste of time wide and his defending isn't good enough. 

it was clear to see we need some pace in attack and a striker or 2. 

I was happy with the 1st 60 mins but I felt the last 30 mins was disjointed. 

I preferred Travis in centre midfield and not right back. Tomlinson was the pick of the bunch. 

But we have to look in context we were facing a top 4 side

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My thoughts are

Very impressive by Nyambe. did a good job 

Thought Rothwell and Dack played well. Dack in the false 9 isn't  his role but he adapt well. Would I like to see more of it, not sure. 

Samuel was a waste of time wide and his defending isn't good enough. 

it was clear to see we need some pace in attack and a striker or 2. 

I was happy with the 1st 60 mins but I felt the last 30 mins was disjointed. 

I preferred Travis in centre midfield and not right back. Tomlinson was the pick of the bunch. 

But we have to look in context we were facing a top 4 side

Do you think Rothwell was good? Surprising. Do you not agree that he looked out of position and unable to run at his man? 

Like i said, unimpressed but obviously it was a friendly, his opponent was Clyne whose a class above. But id prefer to see him central. Lacks the attributes, the pace, dribbling, directness and flair, from the looks of it, and it does him a disservice out of position. Same with Dack, didnt understand why the useless Samuel wasnt central and Dack just off with Bennett wide.

Dont know if its just a lack of match fitness but Dack looked a tad heavy and sluggish to me. The nutmegs on Klavan was superb however.

The main thing that impressed me was I think with Mulgrew, Lenihan, Smallwood and Evans, theres a base and an element of reliability there. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think Rothwell was good? Surprising. Do you not agree that he looked out of position and unable to run at his man? 

Like i said, unimpressed but obviously it was a friendly, his opponent was Clyne whose a class above. But id prefer to see him central. Lacks the attributes, the pace, dribbling, directness and flair, from the looks of it, and it does him a disservice out of position. Same with Dack, didnt understand why the useless Samuel wasnt central and Dack just off with Bennett wide.

Dont know if its just a lack of match fitness but Dack looked a tad heavy and sluggish to me. The nutmegs on Klavan was superb however.

The main thing that impressed me was I think with Mulgrew, Lenihan, Smallwood and Evans, theres a base and an element of reliability there. 

Yes. No

I didn't feel Dack look a tad heavy. probably just match fitness

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Do you not feel Rothwell would look better central? He looks slow and afraid to run at his man. Hes a central midfielder.

can play wide or centre midfielder. 

I show you how many times he played wide last season. Not going over old ground again

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

can play wide or centre midfielder. 

I show you how many times he played wide last season. Not going over old ground again

You don't have to get snidey at him ..he Merley asked you a simple question.. I thought rothwell had the game pass him by at times and looks like he would suit the centre more 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

You don't have to get snidey at him ..he Merley asked you a simple question.. I thought rothwell had the game pass him by at times and looks like he would suit the centre more 

Doesnt look like the type of player who runs at players, who gets fans off their seat.

9 hours ago, Commondore said:

It's the Premier League as a whole. West Ham, with no money from player sales, European cup play or commercial revenue has still just bought a player for £35 million, and has brought in 6 players before him. Just being in the PL, regardless of quality or result, nets you enormous money these days. 

Which makes it all the more f8king infuriating that the chicken fingerers were so inept/corrupt that we are seeing none of these riches 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you not feel Rothwell would look better central? He looks slow and afraid to run at his man. Hes a central midfielder.

Strange how different views can be. Rothwell looked quick to me and seemed to have good stamina. He wasn't much involved but most of our play revolved around the right side. But I agree he could be much more effective central.

I forgot Nyambe in my match summary who was probably our best player. Fantastic defensively and good on the ball 

8 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Nobody was being snidey just saying me and him have been over this a number of times

• Backroom
14 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

He was shocking for Fleetwood in his last couple of months why we signed him god lnowsknows

So he got into L1 team of the year by being good for about 3 months? Not buying that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Al said:

I have paid £200 to park on car park B for the season and be guaranteed a car park space. We arrived half an hour before the kick off an all the proper spaces were filled with scousers at £10 a throw. This is not on Rovers. Your regulars, who have paid you £200 deserve to have proper parking spaces and you should make sure there is space for them right up to kick off time. We were put on the end of a row but we made sure there was enough space for cars to pass if they wanted to get out. To the owner of the white BMW who parked in that space and blocked everybody in I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infect your arsehole. You stopped everybody who came off a few minutes before the end from getting home before 11 -30 pm. Thank you very much.:red_card:

"The fleas of a thousand camels..."  That line is messageboard gold surely ??

• Like 6

Rovers first half were solid not so in the second.

positives = rovers look fit, some of the passing was good, some excellent and some mediocre. At times the midfield was overrun however this was Liverpool and there are NO championship teams with that ability.

i am positive Whittingham is a passenger not good enough, non productive and did he actually touch the ball?

Nyambe was fabulous so all the doom mongers move on.

Travis played very well when he came on.

Dack looked fit and hungry for the ball.

Smallwood and Evans did okay against a very mobile midfield.

negatives

whittingham

samuel has a good touch at times and has pace he does flatter to deceive and gives the ball away too much.

not enough pressure or productivity but again it was a friendly match.

we didn’t have much of a goal threat which concerns me we desperately need a Lacey number 9.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Rovers first half were solid not so in the second.

positives = rovers look fit, some of the passing was good, some excellent and some mediocre. At times the midfield was overrun however this was Liverpool and there are NO championship teams with that ability.

i am positive Whittingham is a passenger not good enough, non productive and did he actually touch the ball?

Nyambe was fabulous so all the doom mongers move on.

Travis played very well when he came on.

Dack looked fit and hungry for the ball.

Smallwood and Evans did okay against a very mobile midfield.

negatives

whittingham

samuel has a good touch at times and has pace he does flatter to deceive and gives the ball away too much.

not enough pressure or productivity but again it was a friendly match.

we didn’t have much of a goal threat which concerns me we desperately need a Lacey number 9.

Literally no one has criticised Nyambe regarding last night, unanimous praise so I presume your "doom mongers move on" comment is similar to your post in the transfer thread, trying to wind folk up.

Dont understand such an emphasis on a player in Whittingham who played half an hour in a team of kids. Not sure your criticism is totally warranted.

6 hours ago, Al said:

I have paid £200 to park on car park B for the season and be guaranteed a car park space. We arrived half an hour before the kick off an all the proper spaces were filled with scousers at £10 a throw. This is not on Rovers. Your regulars, who have paid you £200 deserve to have proper parking spaces and you should make sure there is space for them right up to kick off time. We were put on the end of a row but we made sure there was enough space for cars to pass if they wanted to get out. To the owner of the white BMW who parked in that space and blocked everybody in I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infect your arsehole. You stopped everybody who came off a few minutes before the end from getting home before 11 -30 pm. Thank you very much.:red_card:

BMW - says it all really.

Remember though - cash is king at Rovers these days. While Burnley occupy the spot in the PL that Venkys handed to them. But of course we should all be grateful.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Literally no one has criticised Nyambe regarding last night, unanimous praise so I presume your "doom mongers move on" comment is similar to your post in the transfer thread, trying to wind folk up.

Dont understand such an emphasis on a player in Whittingham who played half an hour in a team of kids. Not sure your criticism is totally warranted.

Plenty of people have been calling Nyambe left right and centre. So no wonder ppl stick up for him. 

I feel Whittingham might move on as I dont see him playing much. He was poor yesterday. For a player with so much experience I would be looking for him to lead from the front. Instead it was Tomlinson who impressed the most

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont understand such an emphasis on a player in Whittingham who played half an hour in a team of kids. Not sure your criticism is totally warranted.

It fails as a wind up on a basic test.

That was then, this is now.

If Nyambe has improved then all are happy, well maybe apart from just one - not you btw

As I read numerous times on here post match this was just a friendly mainly for match fitness. TM even said he was not fussed about trying different formations.

The acid test for Nyambe comes soon in the highly competitive Championship.

Edited by AllRoverAsia