Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plenty of people have been calling Nyambe left right and centre. So no wonder ppl stick up for him. 

I feel Whittingham might move on as I dont see him playing much. He was poor yesterday. For a player with so much experience I would be looking for him to lead from the front. Instead it was Tomlinson who impressed the most

Not about last night they werent. And to be honest, most agree that hes improved in general. No need to be moddycoddled, some people rate him, some less so, but we are talking about 1 performance that no one has criticised.

Tomlinson, Whittingham and in particular, Davenport were all outclassed v Keita and Fabinho, hardly shameful. Davenport kept giving it away, once leading to a goal. He was the worst of the 3 but Whittingham hardly did anything to make him stand out for criticism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Travis on for about ten minutes. Tackled Baines so hard that it hurt Coleman on the other side of the pitch apparantly ?

I have paid £200 to park on car park B for the season and be guaranteed a car park space. We arrived half an hour before the kick off an all the proper spaces were filled with scousers at £10 a throw.

Highlights

Posted Images

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Literally no one has criticised Nyambe regarding last night, unanimous praise so I presume your "doom mongers move on" comment is similar to your post in the transfer thread, trying to wind folk up.

Dont understand such an emphasis on a player in Whittingham who played half an hour in a team of kids. Not sure your criticism is totally warranted.

In respect of Nyambe posters continually slag him off.

in respect of Whittingham he was awful kids or not. that is my opinion.

as for doom mongers on here, yes we have them no matter what is happening on or off the pitch.

winding people up? Come off it fella it’s banter and views, get a grip

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

In respect of Nyambe posters continually slag him off.

in respect of Whittingham he was awful kids or not. that is my opinion.

as for doom mongers on here, yes we have them no matter what is happening on or off the pitch.

winding people up? Come off it fella it’s banter and views, get a grip

 

As far as ive seen, Nyambes got only positive comments regarding his performance v Liverpool, so I dont understand why youve come on and made such a comment, totally unprovoked.

Its a fair opinion too, im guessing you dont rate him, so youre doing exactly to him what youre having a go at others for doing to Nyambe.

Didnt hear any doom mongers last season, to be honest the fanbase was positive even at the start of the season when wed just gone down, so thats inaccurate imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As far as ive seen, Nyambes got only positive comments regarding his performance v Liverpool, so I dont understand why youve come on and made such a comment, totally unprovoked.

Its a fair opinion too, im guessing you dont rate him, so youre doing exactly to him what youre having a go at others for doing to Nyambe.

Didnt hear any doom mongers last season, to be honest the fanbase was positive even at the start of the season when wed just gone down, so thats inaccurate imo.

Your wrong my friend I absolutely rate Ryan Nyambe I think he has improved more than anyone would have believed. He has been the subject of doom merchants throughout the first part of last season go back and have a read I would suggest.

I am not having a go at anyone just opinionating my views which I am allowed to do, you don’t have to agree. As for your last sentence are you sure? It was aopoplectic on here after the loss at Southend even more so at the game itself. The same can be said at the first 4 or 5 games so you must have missed that one!

anyhow have a nice evening??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1864roverite said:

Your wrong my friend I absolutely rate Ryan Nyambe I think he has improved more than anyone would have believed. He has been the subject of doom merchants throughout the first part of last season go back and have a read I would suggest.

I am not having a go at anyone just opinionating my views which I am allowed to do, you don’t have to agree. As for your last sentence are you sure? It was aopoplectic on here after the loss at Southend even more so at the game itself. The same can be said at the first 4 or 5 games so you must have missed that one!

anyhow have a nice evening??

I agree that hes improved a lot, still prone to bad patches but a different player to the one that broke through. Hes yet to win everyone over yes but youve missed the point. People arent slagging him off about the Liverpool game specifically, no one described his performance as anything but good, so it seems strange to come into the thread and start slagging people off, as if youve got a chip on your shoulder.

Whittingham is equally an easy target and youve picked him out when in my opinion he was always going to struggle in a half an hour cameo with 2 kids either side of him v Fabinho and Keita. But Davenport was the one that if anyone warranted criticism, he did.

Before the season there was only optimism. I briefly forgot how bad we were in that opening dozen games or so, lost 4 times and look generally awful, there was a massive hangover and with Dack having injuries we had absolutely no spark and were terrible to watch. It was all warranted criticism.

Same to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not about last night they werent. And to be honest, most agree that hes improved in general. No need to be moddycoddled, some people rate him, some less so, but we are talking about 1 performance that no one has criticised.

Tomlinson, Whittingham and in particular, Davenport were all outclassed v Keita and Fabinho, hardly shameful. Davenport kept giving it away, once leading to a goal. He was the worst of the 3 but Whittingham hardly did anything to make him stand out for criticism.

Whittingham didn't do anything period and is the stand out candidate for criticism (IMO of course!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interesting to see if Dack plays tomorrow, he’s out on the ale in Manchester!

How very professional. Won’t be the first young lad to piss his talent up a wall though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Got orders to clear out the garage of “junk”. So saved a few mementos. Appreciate its nothing to do with pre season but thought would share my trip into the past. 

 

Found the easiest way round these kind of orders is ,

"lets do a swop, you clean my junk out of the garage and I will clean your junk out your wardrobes/under bed storage and cupboards"

needless to say my "junk" is still there :)

Edited by perthblue02
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the highlights of the Liverpool game. Although it was a pre-season friendly, we need to improve a LOT. First half was decent very lucky to be 0-0. Second half we were cut open. The gulf in quality is huge considering the amount spent by Liverpool. Hopefully the game against Everton should give us a more realistic test of good quality championship opposition and where our team stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, punerover said:

Saw the highlights of the Liverpool game. Although it was a pre-season friendly, we need to improve a LOT. First half was decent very lucky to be 0-0. Second half we were cut open. The gulf in quality is huge considering the amount spent by Liverpool. Hopefully the game against Everton should give us a more realistic test of good quality championship opposition and where our team stands.

I and many others don't need the Everton friendly to gauge a view: without some fire power up top and creativity and pace down the flanks and through midfield in general, we're in the sh1t. That's a fact. How the likes of Caddis, Whittingham, Gladwin and to a lesser degree, Conway and Evans are allowed to seriously deplete our salary budget is totally beyond me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.