BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joe Rothwell

15 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Reading the Oxford forum it seems he's been played out wide and as a  no.10. Injury prone, inconsistent but technically gifted and very good on his day seems the general consensus. We shall see.

Welcome to Rovers. 

Hopefully they're wrong. We already have an inconsistent, injury prone centre mid called Evans. Good luck Joe!

57 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Where did you see him? He played at Ewood last game of the season but I don't remember him

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

What kind of midfielder is he? I know very little, other than highly rated (which it said in the article ?)

A guy I used to share an apartment with was a man utd lunatic supporter who had the United channel and watched every game, of every age group. I remember Rothwell looking a serious player on a few occasions, really good. He is an athletic player with great technique. I think injuries have held him back and he hasn't even played as well as he can for Oxford. He is a bit of a gamble, but if he gets going here, he could be a seriously shrewd acquisition. United actually wanted to keep him 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Cant say i've seen enough of him, maybe slightly underwhelming but i'll wait and see, at least with him, Smallwood, Evans, Whittingham and Bennett we look fine in the middle.

Looking online at Oxford fans reactions, themes such as injury prone, inconsistent, unable to nail down a place, unsure on his best position and replacable are slightly worrying signs.

That said, he is apparently technically good, can travel with the ball and is obviously young so I will wait and see.

2 starting wingers and Armstrong please.

I think the Armstrong ship has sailed. I never thought we could afford him and nothing suggests otherwise. We need Chapman in and the equivalent on the other side and a nippy striker that knows where the net is. They are necessities. Any improvements or squad depth after that is welcome but the above has to be priority. Shame about Armstrong he would be ideal. 

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Thanks! Sounds like a Mowbray player. Young, mobile, athletic, unfullfilled promis with potential to play become a Championship player. Not very different from Dack last year. Also different from what we have in midfield with the ability to travel with the ball. If he turned down a contract at Man Utd to carve out a career at Oxford, he seems to have character. Certainly worth a punt.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I think the Armstrong ship has sailed. I never thought we could afford him and nothing suggests otherwise. We need Chapman in and the equivalent on the other side and a nippy striker that knows where the net is. They are necessities. Any improvements or squad depth after that is welcome but the above has to be priority. Shame about Armstrong he would be ideal. 

I reckon he will be back on loan 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Does that put Armstrong’s move to bed?

why? 

play 2 different positions

3 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

wasn't it not Pete O'Rourke who said we were after Rothwell last January?