SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

All for a bit of heritage, but this is the second one in what 5 years?

How's about looking at those McEwans kits (pre white logo block) of the early 90s? 

Just hope to God we don't go for yellow away too.

• Like 2

image.png.917860e331de2c807341affdc66caa98.png

Reminds me of the flag we used to send over. It's nice to see something a bit different. I think it looks good as a full kit but nobody wants to be one of those...

edit. I'd be more concerned by Dack not modelling it. 

Edited by savage90

5 hours ago, savage90 said:

image.png.917860e331de2c807341affdc66caa98.png

Reminds me of the flag we used to send over. It's nice to see something a bit different. I think it looks good as a full kit but nobody wants to be one of those...

edit. I'd be more concerned by Dack not modelling it. 

Perhaps he thinks the pale blue doesn't suit a macho image. I compliment him in his fashion sense.

I am very concerned about Dack. Someone is running this through to transfer window closure. Whomever it is it is not good. IMO.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Spotted on Facebook that even Birdy isn’t buying one - I’ve never, I repeat never in all the time I’ve known him not seen him in the new shirt.

Doesnt bode well for sales (though he may be riled that he wasn’t asked to do the launch campaign :D)

It’s virtually the same one that he launched for Nike FFS !!! ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R1verS1deBlue said:

New shirt is terrible.

Basically not Rovers colours.

Anyone imagine Man U or Liverpool bringing out a new light red shirt ?

Someone should get fired.... apart from Cheston.

Have you seen this year’s Man Utd kit ? ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's the worst ever Rovers shirt for me. It's so bad it's embarrassing. I wouldn't be seen dead wearing it. Back to my old " CIS " shirt.

For me that shirt sums up everything about the Chicken Chokers attitude to the fans.

I was just thinking on this subject and about the previous examples of the BBE family stand closure, the Darwen end now away only to name but two.

For a Club that bangs on about Community values it seems that those who pay good money to enter Ewood on a matchday are the ones ignored the most.

Historically we have played in a darker blue for the majority of our history. Now under the Vs we go pale twice within a few years. It's progressive disassociation aimed at the younger generation, the aim of this is my worry. Venky's colours in stripes anyone?

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

After much deliberation, I bought my lad the new strip although I got twitchy thinking I wouldn't have it in time for holiday and he got a new Barcelona kit as well!! The colour has grown on me and the kit looks good without the sponsor

How did you get it without the sponsor? Is that option only available for kids jerseys? 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The change to pale blue is hasn't anything to do with a Venkys conspiracy. I wouldn't imagine they have any input into the kit design. 

Can the poll have an option "Like the kit, hate the sponsors logo"

Don't you know? Balaji designs them himself and Desai sets the price!

I suppose others will say that it's the dumbing down of the decision makers they've put in that are to blame...

BUT - we've had pale blue many times before them and hopefully will after they have gone. Quite a few of us like it, and it's nice for a change now and then.

Sound business decision not to just rehash the same stuff - there was a period in the Crown paints sponsored era when I became very bored and disinterested in the kit launches.

It's a bit different, and yes a surprise to some but just wait till you see it on Ewood with Dacky wearing it scoring a hattrick to send us up.

You'll get used to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Yep, you can't put betting or alcohol companies on kids kits.

Works out quite well, my lad ends up with his Rovers and Celtic shirts free of horrible sponsor logos.

Feck sake, I want this option as a gambling company sponsor offends me! Every jersey is nicer without a sponsor 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Feck sake, I want this option as a gambling company sponsor offends me! Every jersey is nicer without a sponsor 

To be fair, that should be an option if we want to engage or increase our local Muslim fanbase too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

To be fair, that should be an option if we want to engage or increase our local Muslim fanbase too.

Very valid point. You would think as long as the sponsor is on the playing kit, that should be good enough. 

In this case, even if we had 3 options on sponsor logo colour; White, black or navy, it would make such a difference. I am going to buy the away one now because of this stupid logo 

*edit, actually a white logo would be stupid as the jersey is white. Feckin purple would be better than black though 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel