Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Home Kit Poll  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither Like or Dislike (Neutral)

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

It would make me want to dig out an old shirt and get  KFC printed on it....but then again, you probably knew that!

Wonder if the masses would care any more?

I expect there would be a demand for sponsorless shirts but I bet a lot wouldn’t care.

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

If it means more money for TM to improve the quality of the squad then I would have it tattooed on my chest. 

Hope you're joking mate :lol: don't think any rovers fan would buy a shirt with Venkys as sponsor. I certainly wouldn't, plus we need all the cash we can get. Putting them on front of our shirts would take away any sponsorship cash from another firm. Surely Facebook or some other billion dollar company fancies sponsoring the Rovers ?

Surely billionaires with 40 years of being one of the biggest poultry/pharmaceutical firms on the Indian subcontinent could use their vast network of contacts to find a large global company interested in having some exposure?

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Wonder if the masses would care any more?

I expect there would be a demand for sponsorless shirts but I bet a lot wouldn’t care.

Ah sponsorless shirts! Now I am sure Venky's actually  allowed Rovers to start one season without a shirt sponsor being sorted.

Maybe, a sponsorless shirt could be worn like sack cloth, as a reminder of the wilful neglect of our club?

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Ah sponsorless shirts! Now I am sure Venky's actually  allowed Rovers to start one season without a shirt sponsor being sorted.

Maybe, a sponsorless shirt could be worn like sack cloth, as a reminder of the wilful neglect of our club?

At least twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan2001 said:

Don't think we had a shirt sponsor in 2012/13 until Christmas time; barring the Dafabet deal the shirt sponsor has been a farce since Venky's took over.

Which makes the regular complaints about FFP and a lack of income/revenue all the more laughable. Selling a few more season tickets or handing over the full DE to away fans pales into insignificance compared to attracting a well paying shirt sponsor, yet as you say with the exception of Dafabet whatever efforts they have made on that front have been futile. 

Still never got to the bottom of that deal with Zebra Claims but something didn't add up there.

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Hope you're joking mate :lol: don't think any rovers fan would buy a shirt with Venkys as sponsor. I certainly wouldn't, plus we need all the cash we can get. Putting them on front of our shirts would take away any sponsorship cash from another firm. Surely Facebook or some other billion dollar company fancies sponsoring the Rovers ?

Yes I am joking. My chest has a tattoo of Mowbray and my arse of Kean. Hope it's not a betting company as my lad always wants a sponsor on his shirt. Perspex would be good for nostalgia. 

the quality of the UMBRO kits has been poor, last few seasons. 

Tops don't last a season without bobbling/pulls in the material. (with minimal wear) 

I have older UMBRO tops from the last time they were our suppliers and they ate still going. 

Edited by barry_

6 hours ago, barry_ said:

the quality of the UMBRO kits has been poor, last few seasons. 

Tops don't last a season without bobbling/pulls in the material. (with minimal wear) 

I have older UMBRO tops from the last time they were our suppliers and they ate still going. 

I'd like us to move to a different manufacturer. Adidas, Puma, Kappa, Macron all superior to Umbro in quality in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Edited by Speedie's Gonna Get Ya

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

The day I wear a Rovers with Venky's as a sponsor is the day I slide down a giant razor blade naked, using my balls as brakes.

I’m going to put you down as a ‘firm no’.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JHRover said:

Which makes the regular complaints about FFP and a lack of income/revenue all the more laughable. Selling a few more season tickets or handing over the full DE to away fans pales into insignificance compared to attracting a well paying shirt sponsor, yet as you say with the exception of Dafabet whatever efforts they have made on that front have been futile. 

Still never got to the bottom of that deal with Zebra Claims but something didn't add up there.

100%.. This frustrates the hell out of me-along with the lack of advertising/sponsorship over the last few years.

It was if they just couldn't be arsed. Then to play the FFP card.. Well it just won't wash...

Again, you have to wonder why...

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The day I wear a Rovers with Venky's as a sponsor is the day I slide down a giant razor blade naked, using my balls as brakes.

I'm sure they would sell plenty of shirts if they had the word 'OUT' underneath Venky's. I'd buy one for sure

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

100%.. This frustrates the hell out of me-along with the lack of advertising/sponsorship over the last few years.

It was if they just couldn't be arsed. Then to play the FFP card.. Well it just won't wash...

Again, you have to wonder why...

Previously I think there has just been a lack of organisation that led to no sponsorship - namely the first season in the Championship.

I think we are in a very different place as a club and structure now though and imagine that the fact Dafabet signed a decent deal (money wise) with us for 3 years with an option of an extension, coupled with us being in league one and not knowing whether we would go up is the reason this time.

Dafabet would’ve held the cards and we would’ve been waiting on them. The fact the club said at the fans forum they’re just decided between a few now shows they haven’t just waited for Dafabet to decide but have got alternatives in place for when they said  no. Actually quite organised for once.

Edited by laughatthedingles

Since Waggott’s arrival, for me there has been a noticeable focus on the commercial side.

Various new sponsors, 1875 Lounge, these events for local businesses, end of season award night etc.

The club seems much more ‘normal’ in that regard than any other time since 2011.

I rather liked last season's away striped kit - red and black is a good combination - but would prefer to see it the famous halved shirts.

We're unique (I think) in British football in having halved shirts so why not keep our away shirts halved too ?