BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

Whilst checking wiki's football manager list I noted David Dunn as Blackpool manager for 11 days. Of course he's just the caretaker manager.  When I checked the managers and caretaker managers that Blackpool have had over the years I was surprised at how many are former players, managers or coaching staff from Rovers.

Here's the list starting with Dunny and going back in time.

David Dunn, Simon Grayson (2nd spell),  Terry McPhillips, Gary Bowyer,  Neil McDonald,  Barry Ferguson,  Paul Ince,  Michael Appleton,  Tony Parkes,  Simon Grayson (1st spell),  Colin Hendry, Sam Allardyce,  Ron Suart.

Allardyce and Appleton were there before coming to Rovers.

• Like 1

Wellens signed a new contract with Swindon.

Not sure why Wellens or Robinson would leave their current jobs to join Blackpool. Swindon top of the league and Oxford with a chance of the play offs. Blackpool going nowhere.

Expect they will end up going for Evatt from Barrow.

Probably best just leaving it to the summer from here.

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

Wellens signed a new contract with Swindon.

Not sure why Wellens or Robinson would leave their current jobs to join Blackpool. Swindon top of the league and Oxford with a chance of the play offs. Blackpool going nowhere.

Expect they will end up going for Evatt from Barrow.

Probably best just leaving it to the summer from here.

Brian Barry-Murphy at Rochdale has been linked recently.

• Backroom

Dunny's Blackpool with an injury time winner today against Ipswich scored by Joe Nuttall (assisted by Liam Feeney). Ipswich are now 5 points off 6th. Lambo sitting pretty with his 5 year deal though!

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like Blackpool had very little plan in appointing a new manager, he must be their third or fourth choice if not more.

Highly rated coach according to reports and has a background in coaching. Started at Crewe and then Liverpool. 

Well we don't know if they approaches made for Wellens or Robinson or Eustace were cos they first choice or before Critchley in the list, Or simple wanted to interview them before selecting their 1st choice. 

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

When lambert came here there was loads of articles saying he looked younger and thinner, he credited it to spending time out  watching European clubs training.

Was just a joke cause his face reminded me of that era Lambert 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 11:56, chaddyrovers said:

Highly rated coach according to reports and has a background in coaching. Started at Crewe and then Liverpool. 

Well we don't know if they approaches made for Wellens or Robinson or Eustace were cos they first choice or before Critchley in the list, Or simple wanted to interview them before selecting their 1st choice. 

Rochdale did a similar thing with Fred Eyre's lad who was a top youth coach at City. Totally out of his depth in men's football. He didn't last the season out.

• Backroom

Ipswich lose again, at home to Fleetwood this time. 4 wins out of 24, still not beaten a single team in the top 8 I believe. I don't think they're even going to get into the playoffs - 6 points behind 6th now with at least one and sometimes two games more played than all the teams above them. Wonder if Lambo will walk? The five year contract might not count for much if he can be sacked with reduced payout based on league performance (I assume that means he'd need to get into the playoffs at the very least to be safe). 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rochdale did a similar thing with Fred Eyre's lad who was a top youth coach at City. Totally out of his depth in men's football. He didn't last the season out.

You mean Steve Eyre? isn't he at Fleetwood Town now as first team coach under Barton. 

You spend 6 years at Liverpool if you aren't a good coach. He needs the right staff with him.