Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Been settled a long time down south too, you can tell that with his softening Blackburn vowels! (Though I think he was a QEGS lad, so that might explain it ^_^)

 

Hang on, just found this...

‘It has been a really difficult decision to finish playing football. It was all I ever wanted to do since I was at St Augustine’s School in Billington, and playing on Pleckgate playing fields.’

Pleckgate? My owd stomping ground, no excuse then!

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw him minutes after we got relegated at Brentford as we were getting into the car for a miserable journey home. I have refereed him several times and know him reasonably well as we always used to

So basically if you have black hair and a beard you stay, everyone else out.

He actually said it!   ‘We will outline our demands to the players and what is expected from them. They are going to have to work very hard, stick together and have a right good go.’  

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve said for a good while I think he’ll be our manager at some point, think he’ll be our next one just not sure when that will be 

From people close to him he’s been approached in the past about it but Wycombe had a decent compo payment due if we took him and he wouldn’t walk away and make them miss out on that. 

I saw him minutes after we got relegated at Brentford as we were getting into the car for a miserable journey home. I have refereed him several times and know him reasonably well as we always used to chat about Rovers. I asked him outright about becoming our manager and he told me he expressed an interest when Coyle got the job but never got the courtesy of a reply. I find that symptomatic of the last decade.

On the day he was with his son and daughter who were both decked out in Rovers kits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted for Ainsworth and Wycombe.

I've met him a couple of times also and he was a genuinely nice guy, hope he continues to do well and maybe one day become Rovers manager.

Also nice to see Coventry and Oxford or Wycombe joining the Championship next season, nice to see new teams down at Ewood at this level, although we do have the ultimate yo-yo club in Rotherham joining them!

Fleetwood would have been a handy away fixture, but its always satisfying to see Joey Barton fail.

Edited by rog of the rovers
Link to post
Share on other sites

entertaining league one play off final.

Wycombe went 1-0 up after a header across goal went in off our old boy Eastwood

1-1 after a cross flew in then 2-1 to Wycombe after Eastwood absolutely clattered a Wycombe man after a mistake from the defender 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first day of pre season training Wycombe had nine players and two of them were trialists. That out Mowbrays bedding in theory into a cocked hat.

Excellent from Gareth and his players. I just hope the grounds are open so their supporters can enjoy the ride.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

delighted for Wycombe and Ainsworth

I don't know why. Wycombe should accept being a lower league club rather than get promoted, just like Burnley should forfeit playing in Europe and Norwich getting promoted to the Prem. After all, there's no point in having any ambition according to yourself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

I don't know why. Wycombe should accept being a lower league club rather than get promoted, just like Burnley should forfeit playing in Europe and Norwich getting promoted to the Prem. After all, there's no point in having any ambition according to yourself. 

have I said that Wycombe should accept being a lower league club. 

All I have done is stated the reasons and understand the reasons why Norwich didn't spend much when they reach the Premier League

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

have I said that Wycombe should accept being a lower league club. 

All I have done is stated the reasons and understand the reasons why Norwich didn't spend much when they reach the Premier League

Theres not "spending much" and theres accepting relegation before youve kicked a ball, spending less than many Championship clubs with your manager telling the team before the season that they have at best 5% chance and comparing it to "men against boys!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Theres not "spending much" and theres accepting relegation before youve kicked a ball, spending less than many Championship clubs with your manager telling the team before the season that they have at best 5% chance and comparing it to "men against boys!"

Understand the reasons why Webber and the Norwich Board made that decision!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Understand the reasons why Webber and the Norwich Board made that decision!!!

No, the way that they have acted is totally unnecessary, totally against the spirit of the game and spitting in the faces of their supporters. I include the manager in that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No, the way that they have acted is totally unnecessary, totally against the spirit of the game and spitting in the faces of their supporters. I include the manager in that.

that's your opinion and as Webber said he made that decision and many others. and if people don't like it blame him. Is the club on a more solid financial footing, better training facilities, better Academy facilities, better recruitment and scouting departments than when Webber join to now? Yes! 

Have you seen any of their supporters complaining? or do they back Webber and Farke for the decisions they did to protect the club's future. 

Watch that interview yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

that's your opinion and as Webber said he made that decision and many others. and if people don't like it blame him. Is the club on a more solid financial footing, better training facilities, better Academy facilities, better recruitment and scouting departments than when Webber join to now? Yes! 

Have you seen any of their supporters complaining? or do they back Webber and Farke for the decisions they did to protect the club's future. 

Watch that interview yet?

Just because their owner has said that is what he wanted all along, doesn’t mean that you have to blindly defend his decision.

Personally, I agree with everyone else, it’s a bit rubbish if there’s no ambition and a shrug of the shoulders about relegation. It’s a bit aimless and sad, that it’s the limit of that club’a ambition.

Can see this going down in folklore with the fans: ‘19-20 season was a cracker wasn’t it? We got smashed most weeks, but we made up the numbers! Halcyon days’.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

Have you seen any of their supporters complaining? or do they back Webber and Farke for the decisions they did to protect the club's future. 

 

They are delighted, they’re organising a (socially distanced) open top bus ride through the non pedestrianised parts of Norwich as we speak...

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/138551-why-do-people-hate-delia-so-much/#comments

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

that's your opinion and as Webber said he made that decision and many others. and if people don't like it blame him. Is the club on a more solid financial footing, better training facilities, better Academy facilities, better recruitment and scouting departments than when Webber join to now? Yes! 

Have you seen any of their supporters complaining? or do they back Webber and Farke for the decisions they did to protect the club's future. 

Watch that interview yet?

My comments are more about football in general. How you can endorse this sort of thinking is beyond me.

I have no interest in watching the interview, I know for a fact that there was no need to take the ATTITUDE that theyve taken in the MANNER theyve accepted it. It goes against everything football should be, its disgusting and if Rovers did it in the same way id be really outraged by it.

If their fans have accepted not even necessarily the pitiful budget, the lack of ambition and fight, the attitude of the managee towards the players and the embracing of the relegation then they are as bad as you and have clearly been brainwashed. 

They could have still done all of those improvements. Even without money the manager could have at least been more ambitious, and not told his players they basically have no chance. This Webber guy could have prudently expected relegation but hoped for survival. And beyond that, a few playing improvements made modestly and sensibly could have helped them give it a real go or worse case scenario, have added assets for the promotion push next year or even be sold on had it come to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Just because their owner has said that is what he wanted all along, doesn’t mean that you have to blindly defend his decision.

Personally, I agree with everyone else, it’s a bit rubbish if there’s no ambition and a shrug of the shoulders about relegation. It’s a bit aimless and sad, that it’s the limit of that club’a ambition.

Can see this going down in folklore with the fans: ‘19-20 season was a cracker wasn’t it? We got smashed most weeks, but we made up the numbers! Halcyon days’.

Webber isn't the owner but the Sporting Director of the club who has overseen a massive restructuring of the club including much improved training ground facilities, better academy facilities and improvements made to the recruitment and scouting network. 

I am saying no cant blame them for their decisions as they have put the club more solid financial footing and after 3 years ago being so close to administration. Protecting their long term future on the club. Their owner Delia Smith doesnt have the owner to fund the club long term. 

Burnley came up and then got relegated then achieved Promotion the season after. Norwich will probably do the same

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

 

If their fans have accepted not even necessarily the pitiful budget, the lack of ambition and fight, the attitude of the managee towards the players and the embracing of the relegation then they are as bad as you and have clearly been brainwashed. 

 

They haven’t, see my link above your post. A load of them want the lot cleared out.

Though I defer to Chaddy who I believe met a Canary down Great Yarmouth last year...

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

They haven’t, see my link above good post. They want the lot cleared out...

Good to see that football fans are not endorsing such a bizarre outlook on promotion! And that chaddy is very much a lone wolf as the echo chamber of the Norwich boardroom for whatever reason, without critique or even any lateral thought.

A positive attitude and moderate strengthening and they might have stayed up, would that have been unwelcome?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are delighted, they’re organising a (socially distanced) open top bus ride through the non pedestrianised parts of Norwich as we speak...

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/138551-why-do-people-hate-delia-so-much/#comments

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/138618-20172020-a-remarkable-transformation/

This guy post is spot on

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.