BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

'if the numbers are right' is a phrase often used by Nixon so it's hardly surprising its been adopted by Chaddy. He obviously thinks it makes him sound like a journo or ITK. Not sure I'd want to use someone as clueless as Nixon as a benchmark mind. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have never hide about my dyslexic but been very open and honest about it. I'm always open and honest about everything and if anything too open and honest for my own good. 

Now can we get back to talking about football and Blackburn Rovers. 

Are you open and honest?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayDee said:

'if the numbers are right' is a phrase often used by Nixon so it's hardly surprising its been adopted by Chaddy. He obviously thinks it makes him sound like a journo or ITK. Not sure I'd want to use someone as clueless as Nixon as a benchmark mind. 

It also gives Nixon the opportunity to link any player to any club and comes with a get out of jail free card every time.

”Bolton were interested in Rhodes but the numbers weren’t right”

Just like Bolton would be interested in signing Ronaldo if the numbers were right.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It also gives Nixon the opportunity to link any player to any club and comes with a get out of jail free card every time.

”Bolton were interested in Rhodes but the numbers weren’t right”

Just like Bolton would be interested in signing Ronaldo if the numbers were right.

News just in... ChrisPriceBaldSpot is interested in Olivia Atwood, however numbers were far from right! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I live near Norwich and a lot of their supporters are saying that the Rhodes deal is a goer. They are all genuinely excited about it. Tried pointing out that since leaving us his record is terrible, but it doesn't take much to excite a Norfolker. 

We all know more than anyone else though, if he goes there and rediscovers the form we know he's capable of they'll be right to be excited. Even with his record since leaving us being poor, if he was to come back here I wouldn't be able to help get excited!

54 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I live near Norwich and a lot of their supporters are saying that the Rhodes deal is a goer. They are all genuinely excited about it. Tried pointing out that since leaving us his record is terrible, but it doesn't take much to excite a Norfolker. 

It's usually the sight of their sister with an Anne summers bag or so I've heard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Butty said:

We all know more than anyone else though, if he goes there and rediscovers the form we know he's capable of they'll be right to be excited. Even with his record since leaving us being poor, if he was to come back here I wouldn't be able to help get excited!

He's not what we need.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Doesn't Alan Partridge work for them ?

My first thought as well. AHA!!

I'm somewhat underwhelmed with the Rothwell signing, for me we need a minimum of 4 or 5 signings who are either proven Championship performers or Premier League loanees who look a cut above the Championship and who would walk straight into the side, not guys who are likely to be squad fillers.

Rothwell clearly has some potential and if he represents the risky end of our business this summer and is supplemented by some proven signings of the sort I've outlined above then all well and good. If not and most of the business is of a similar ilk it smacks of there being no funds available and an almighty struggle ahead.

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm somewhat underwhelmed with the Rothwell signing, for me we need a minimum of 4 or 5 signings who are either proven Championship performers or Premier League loanees who look a cut above the Championship and who would walk straight into the side, not guys who are likely to be squad fillers.

Rothwell clearly has some potential and if he represents the risky end of our business this summer and is supplemented by some proven signings of the sort I've outlined above then all well and good. If not and most of the business is of a similar ilk it smacks of there being no funds available and an almighty struggle ahead.

Sorry, but you're talking as if we're loaded or playing Football Manager on a laptop.

The only 'PL player' we MIGHT get is Armstrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Cashback

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Way I see it, if we are signing up and comers, young projects to fit round a nucleus of a squad - the likes of Rothwell are sensible options.

I have said it before, I’d be more worried if we started chucking 30/40k at some aging premier league player. 2 or 3 more of a similar ilk, adding value and potential to the main group, supported by the youth coming through and supplemented by a couple of season long loans once the actual transfer closes in August, sensible business.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Sorry, but you're talking as if we're loaded or playing Football Manager on a laptop.

The only 'PL player' we MIGHT get is Armstrong.

I feel like I've missed something, so correct me if I have...do you honestly think we're incapable of loaning youth players from Premier League clubs? We've been doing it for years. We loaned two last season in Payne and Armstrong, when we were in League One...why would we be unable to get them in the Championship with more revenue and prestige?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's not what we need.

Not saying he is. Just saying I'll always like him and I wouldn't mind if he was to ever return. Not that we could afford his wages anymore anyway! 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I feel like I've missed something, so correct me if I have...do you honestly think we're incapable of loaning youth players from Premier League clubs? We've been doing it for years. We loaned two last season in Payne and Armstrong, when we were in League One...why would we be unable to get them in the Championship with more revenue and prestige?

I think Ben woodburn from Liverpool would be an excellent loan signing. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

No, I may have misread him, but I was refuting the idea that we can only try to purchase players PROVEN at Champ or PL levels.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Disagree. Who did Millwall or Sheff Utd have in their squad last season that were 'proven' at Championship or PL level? In fact we will go into this season with far more 'proven' Championship players than those two had.

The Coyle factor is for some reason being dismissed by those who think we are going back into the toughest division in the world. We had a very average Championship team 2 seasons ago. We went down because a Coyle was appalling at his job and no other reason. This time round we will have a better squad and a better manager. 

As Mowbray mentioned in his interview the other night Cardiff went up last season. They were a side cobbled together after a poor season the season before. The difference was they had a good manager in place for the full season.

We do need to add quality this summer and judging by Mowbray's comments he expects this to happen. A class striker and some wingers seem high on his list as he again mentioned at the fans meeting. BUT even if we went into the season now I would expect us to stay up. The bottom half of the Championship is not something to fear. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If the Chicken Chokers don't invest at this moment in time they never will.

Arent they investing like 3 or 4 million pounds but not stupid amount of cash like Forest and Leeds have in the past to zero achievement and still in this league. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Arent they investing like 3 or 4 million pounds but not stupid amount of cash like Forest and Leeds have in the past to zero achievement and still in this league. 

I heard the total budget for transfers, agents, contract renews and wages this year is 10m more than last year. Contract renewals of Conway and Graham mean we have 8.8 left before Rothwell.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I heard the total budget for transfers, agents, contract renews and wages this year is 10m more than last year. Contract renewals of Conway and Graham mean we have 8.8 left before Rothwell.

You heard of players we are interest JB that we havent been linked to?