BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like an exciting signing if true 

Worryingly, the signing that we’ve usually been “excited” about have been the worst and the ones we’ve “meh” about have been the better ones.

Jordan Rhodes and Danny Graham being the obvious exceptions.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Worryingly, the signing that we’ve usually been “excited” about have been the worst and the ones we’ve “meh” about have been the better ones.

Ya, that is true. We are due someone we are excited about delivering though. Going off reading their Forum, he sounds like their Dack. Not a bad word to be found. 

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Im more excited that TMs already on the move and seemingly being allowed to strengthen the squad already. Hopefully bodes well for future signings !

It's always a gamble bringing in new players and bringing in players from Scotland is a bit more of a gamble. In spite of what their fans say it'll be a big step up for him. For every success story ( Mulgrew , Hendrey ) there is a failure ( Goodwille, Davidson etc ). If he does come in I can see Whittingham going, if only on loan.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Im more excited that TMs already on the move and seemingly being allowed to strengthen the squad already. Hopefully bodes well for future signings !

Agreed.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Rovers are to sign Dylan McGeouch on pre-contract from @HibsOfficial ✍️

The attacking midfielder was their Player of the Year! - This is a rumour, nothing solid behind it!

What’s your thoughts on the player? [Source: @HFCTransferNews ] https://t.co/1F9yR5JXy7

Just chatted to a mate of mine that is a Hibs fan, and he reckons this lad is quality. He directs and dictates the flow of the game and he said he would be perfect for Dack to feed off. 

In Tony we trust

• Like 1

• Backroom

I also spoke to a Hibee this morning, he said quality player that only ever ended up there as he’s injury prone   

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I still get the shakes when I think of Barry Ferguson!

I'd seen him play before he came to Rovers and I thought he had it all.  I thought Souness had bought a replica of himself. What went wrong I don't know but the guy could play no mistake. I'd seen him run international games for Rangers and Scotland. Obviously he never really settled and just as he was showing some form he got a really bad injury.

• Like 1

A Friend of mine has txt me this afternoon..has good contacts at Rovers

Mowbray met with Pulis regarding Chapman earlier this week, Pulis unsure at what level Harry can play at and is happy for another year at Rovers, snag is that Middlesbrough want an immediate return to them if he looks the part, Rovers won’t agree to that. If Chapman is at Ewood tommorow he is a Rovers player for the next 12 months. Just to make it clear that the recall clause is the key to all this happening.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray met with Pulis regarding Chapman earlier this week, Pulis unsure at what level Harry can play at and is happy for another year at Rovers, snag is that Middlesbrough want an immediate return to them if he looks the part, Rovers won’t agree to that. If Chapman is at Ewood tommorow he is a Rovers player for the next 12 months. Just to make it clear that the recall clause is the key to all this happening.

Hope thats not true. Chapmans hamstrings make any deal one massively based on sentimentality in my opinion. Plus the implied deal is a no win situation for Rovers.

That said, how would your friend know?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Hope thats not true. Chapmans hamstrings make any deal one massively based on sentimentality in my opinion. Plus the implied deal is a no win situation for Rovers.

That said, how would your friend know?

thats why you get to trust you fitness/sport science staff and phsyio staff that why players do full medical these days.

I think Chapman would be good signing for us.

Lets just calm down and see if a deal is done first and what then terms are. cant see Mowbray agreeing to that clause in the deal so lets see what happens 1st.

my friend knows people at Brockhall and I have no reason to doubt the info or source

I'd like to see Chapman in, ok, so he has hamstring problems, but dont ya think he came back to soon?

He gets on with the lads, fitting in well in the dressing room and he has skill not to mention the lads quick

Edited by pomster
grammer

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

thats why you get to trust you fitness/sport science staff and phsyio staff that why players do full medical these days.

I think Chapman would be good signing for us.

Lets just calm down and see if a deal is done first and what then terms are. cant see Mowbray agreeing to that clause in the deal so lets see what happens 1st.

my friend knows people at Brockhall and I have no reason to doubt the info or source

Many top players have struggled to deal both physically and psychologically after such a bad hamstring injury, including Michael Owen.

There are more players out there.

That said, wont be getting hung up on such a tenuous rumour.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My guess is Chapman will still be at Boro come August because Rovers won't agree to that , he'll hardly get a kick under Pulis and will be back at Rovers on loan under our say so 

• Like 2

So sounds like, loan him back til January, if he's doing the business, recall him, if not leave him here and look to shift him in the Summer. Worst case, he does shit, we don't renew in Jan. Best case, he sets the division on fire, and Boro recall him in Jan. By which time we should be doing ok and either sign a replacement or give one of our own a chance to step up. Seems like a fair cop to me gov.

Edited by BiggusMickus

• Backroom

Last year of his contract don’t let Boro pull the strings we are competing with them next year.

If he wants to be here then there’s a deal to be done on our terms 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Many top players have struggled to deal both physically and psychologically after such a bad hamstring injury, including Michael Owen.

There are more players out there.

That said, wont be getting hung up on such a tenuous rumour.

and you don't know if Chapman will be like that either so stop with such tenuous comments. 

You just got to trust Mowbray, scouts at the club and the medical department to sign the right players

57 minutes ago, AJW said:

My guess is Chapman will still be at Boro come August because Rovers won't agree to that , he'll hardly get a kick under Pulis and will be back at Rovers on loan under our say so 

I agree there AJW

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and you don't know if Chapman will be like that either so stop with such tenuous comments. 

You just got to trust Mowbray, scouts at the club and the medical department to sign the right players

I agree there AJW

I do but I never said I dont; on the same topic though, I am allowed my opinions, we may aswell remove the whole topic if our mindset is unequiovical trust.

Mowbrays made a few bad signings, Gladwin and Samuel to name but 2. Potential rumours are worthy of discussion, I feel the Chapman deal would be sentimental and a big risk considering the type of player he is and the injuries hes suffered.