BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, RovingRover said:

I pray to God and I mean pray so hard sheff united get him .. I seriously can't believe me are looking at him again . Cant win Ariel duels .. pretty weak on the ball .. scoring record isn't sublime and has been in two relegation scraps .. don't sign him I beg 

• Like 1

While I don't think SG is the most exciting of players or an ideal lone frontman (yet) I wouldn't be totally against signing him, however only if his wages were around 10kish. He scored 12 goals in the championship with us and that was under coyle with players such as feeney and Lowe feeding him.  He also wasn't a constant starter. 

Only issue is that he isn't that quick or particulary strong. Can only see us signing one striker so hope we can do better.

27 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I pray to God and I mean pray so hard sheff united get him .. I seriously can't believe me are looking at him again . Cant win Ariel duels .. pretty weak on the ball .. scoring record isn't sublime and has been in two relegation scraps .. don't sign him I beg 

How is it a slight on him that he was in two relegation scraps? 

3 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Where was that?  Its not on his twitter. All he has said is one club has made three bids for Marriott in last week and a team that wasnt in the Championship last year has met the release clause for Maddison but are trying to pay it in installments instead of upfront. So it wasn't Leeds. 

It was from a Leeds fan, but maybe he didn’t confirm it was actually from them. However he did say that there had been new bids in. 

40 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Why wouldnt we be looking at him. 

Did very well here last time and fit within our budget. We arent got millions after millions to spend. If we are targeting 2 permanent and 2 loan signings then I think its very sensible to target Gallagher and Kent. Both have Championship experience. If we can sign Chapman permanently and possibly Armstrong if we can afford him. 

Them 4 for me would be good signings for us. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Did very well here last time and fit within our budget. We arent got millions after millions to spend. If we are targeting 2 permanent and 2 loan signings then I think its very sensible to target Gallagher and Kent. Both have Championship experience. If we can sign Chapman permanently and possibly Armstrong if we can afford him. 

Both have champion experience?  Kent was poor for both teams he played for but because he has experience let's get him in .. Gallagher has has two relegation scraps and has barley set the world alite where ever he has been. We should be aiming a little higher then Gallagher that's for sure 

• Like 2

Gallagher on loan isnt that bad - think there is a slight overreaction if it is indeed true. People saying about his heading ability but we dont generally play it in the air. As long as its not our main 'striker' signing then I have no problem with it as he can also play as one of the three behind. Still would prefer it was a perm move though.

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Gallagher on loan isnt that bad - think there is a slight overreaction if it is indeed true. People saying about his heading ability but we dont generally play it in the air. As long as its not our main 'striker' signing then I have no problem with it as he can also play as one of the three behind. Still would prefer it was a perm move though.

Knowing venkys he probably would be our marquee signing to lead the line 

Gallagher would be fine as long as we also purchased a player up top with real pace. I doubt we will get both, therefore someome with pace is more essential. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very well is a massive exaggeration. 

All 4 players linked by Alan Nixon are the ones you want...maybe @Tom was on to something...

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said we shouldn't sign Gallagher because he was in 2 relegation scraps. What did you mean by that? How does that reflect badly on Gallagher? 

Meaning he never sets the world alite where ever he goes .. I just don't think he's any good 

40 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Elliott Ward is close to agreeing a contract with Charlton Athletic. Wonder if that could free up Patrick Bauer to come to Rovers.

Well let's get it tied up before the end of this week because after they've seen too much of Ward in training they'll be doing everything they can to keep hold of Bauer :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

Both have champion experience?  Kent was poor for both teams he played for but because he has experience let's get him in .. Gallagher has has two relegation scraps and has barley set the world alite where ever he has been. We should be aiming a little higher then Gallagher that's for sure 

Kent was poor for Barnsley? Really? 

Aim a little higher then Gallagher? Like who???

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very well is a massive exaggeration. 

All 4 players linked by Alan Nixon are the ones you want...maybe @Tom was on to something...

Massive BS from you there. Maybe its time I ignore you for a while. 

Ive mention Gallagher, Armstrong and Chapman before the season ended

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think anybody who has commented on games last season will also have mentioned Armstrong and Champman and probably a few of those would have mentioned Gallagher from the previous season in comparison , Does everybody get a prize?

From the two or three Birmingham games I watched (Live on TV) last season, Gallagher looked a little bit stronger than he did the previous season at Rovers, still not the finished article but only 22, as for being street wise enough to play the lone forward role if we play that way not convinced. If the terms of a lone deal are decent worth another chance.

I'm surprised our transfer budget is not 5 million and a few loans - the lying cow!

A Brum supporters verdict on Gallaghers time there LINK

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just because people dont have a detailed scouting list of potential transfer targets under their arm doesnt mean they have to be satisfied with the targets linked through transfer rumours. You need to realise this.

Was a joke chaddy. Chill out.