BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, cesus said:

SKY Bet the company that makes millions from transfer bets, after punters hearing the false stories that are made up on SKY sports news. Absolute snakes but hey the authorities love their cash!

Yawn. Not again.

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Likely they will sign a pricey, proven replacement though.

Of course but still with him being involved in pre season and seemingly doing well then wouldn't be surprised to see Boro offer him a new deal.He won't be a starter for them but he wouldn't be a starter here either according to Mowbray

Just now, Heinz said:

Just seen this on twitter. Not sure if true though, but given the fact we don’t have much else to discuss about right now..

No thanks. Poor player.

If true, shows we're definitely shopping at Lidl rather than Waitrose. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew and Evans new contract will depending on fitness and how many games they play this season. surely this is the right way? 

our Squad next season and beyond be

Keepers - Raya Fisher

Defender - Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams Bell

Midfielders - Bennett Travis Davenport Smallwood Rothwell Dack

Strikers - Nuttall Samuel. 

Plus 2 more permanent signings which would take that up 17 players under contract for next season. Plus is Platt, Tomlinson and Simmonds come through from the academy plus if we give new contracts to Graham and Mulgrew for instance that would be 20 players. Maybe 2 or 3 from the list above might more on 

I would imagine we have around 6-7 million pounds left after the 2 signings and new contracts aswell. 

@roversfan99 this is where I got 10 million budget from. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Mowbray and Waggott spoke to India to get an increase in budget. Mowbray has said his 1st targets are still available so hopefully the next few days we see some signings. 

That's good that they are proper training and much better than under Coyle days as manager. 

Its all guesswork and rumour. I  pay no notice of such random figures, not to offend anyone on here before you say im calling people liars.

If you choose to believe the rumours then fair enough. 

Only reason we are discussing what we think of the budget is because we have nothing tangible to talk about, ie transfers!

In regards to todays rumour, us scouting Ashley Fletcher ahead of signing him up, a definite no from me, we could have just been looking at someone else, ie Chapman.

Its all well and good saying hes not settled at Sunderland or whatever but across his career, nothing about it shouts that he will be a good addition at Championship level.

Id be surprised however as it doesnt fit into Mowbray saying that his loans were on hold until their Prem parent clubs came back from their pre-season tours etc.

I think the problem is we don’t really have the funds to compete for players in the championship, whereas last year we were financial giants in league 1, hence why we were able to do our business early and get the players we wanted.

I don’t have any reason to doubt TM when he says he came back from india with a decent budget, it was clearly enough to give our key players improved contracts and be in the market for new players. However, when you see players like Waghorn going for £8m, that really puts into perspective how much you need to spend in this league to be competitive. 

I do believe TM has the nous to keep us up, even with the current squad, but it would be a real struggle. As always, new owners desperately needed to inject some serious funds into the club. 

Ordinary Championship players are moving for fees seen in the Premier League not that many years ago. Mowbray's promised budget from his meeting in India clearly isn't enough - not by a long way.

1 minute ago, Heinz said:

Just seen this on twitter. Not sure if true though, but given the fact we don’t have much else to discuss about right now..

1AD55304-9FCC-45B8-9B2C-0C06EE5B432B.jpeg

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Certainly fits the bill with what TM is looking for - young, pacy, and room for improvement.

Not seen him play much but pace is important in any league and he clearly has potential. The way we’ll play next season is by soaking up the pressure and hitting teams on the break, so pacy players are a must. We’re not going to outplay teams or have the majority of possession in a lot of games. 

Just now, rovers11 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Certainly fits the bill with what TM is looking for - young, pacy, and room for improvement.

Not seen him play much but pace is important in any league and he clearly has potential. The way we’ll play next season is by soaking up the pressure and hitting teams on the break, so pacy players are a must. We’re not going to outplay teams or have the majority of possession in a lot of games. 

Room for improvement is practically an irrelevance when the player is a loan, which he almost certainly will be.

And hes never shown any real signs of quality for any of the 4 clubs hes been at. Barnsley was his best spell and even there in League 1, he was far from prolific.

We have to be able to get better, otherwise we may as well persist with Nuttall and Samuel.

Just now, rovers11 said:

I think the problem is we don’t really have the funds to compete for players in the championship, whereas last year we were financial giants in league 1, hence why we were able to do our business early and get the players we wanted.

I don’t have any reason to doubt TM when he says he came back from india with a decent budget, it was clearly enough to give our key players improved contracts and be in the market for new players. However, when you see players like Waghorn going for £8m, that really puts into perspective how much you need to spend in this league to be competitive. 

I do believe TM has the nous to keep us up, even with the current squad, but it would be a real struggle. As always, new owners desperately needed to inject some serious funds into the club. 

Even if they did have money, the financial rules governing the league currently would stop us from buying every Tom, Dick and Harry. 

I’m disappointed with how the current summer transfer situation is, but I still think we’ll bring someone in before next weekend, maybe more. Even if we don’t, I still think there’s 3 worse teams in this league than us.  Bolton, Rotherham, QPR, Birmingham, Reading, Hull and Ipswich all come to mind when I think of crap squads. There’s plenty of other teams without world beaters too, like Swansea and Preston.

To cheer you all up, have a look at some of the other club’s signings. I reckon Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea, Preston, Ipswich and QPR have all had transfer period worse than us....

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would imagine we have around 6-7 million pounds left after the 2 signings and new contracts aswell.  

6-7 Million over the next 4 windows perhaps, but no chance that we have that left to spend in this window. 

• Like 1

Just now, scotchrover said:

I’m disappointed with how the current summer transfer situation is, but I still think we’ll bring someone in before next weekend, maybe more. Even if we don’t, I still think there’s 3 worse teams in this league than us.  Bolton, Rotherham, QPR, Birmingham, Reading, Hull and Ipswich all come to mind when I think of crap squads. There’s plenty of other teams without world beaters too, like Swansea and Preston.

All those sides would probably say the same about us though. The year we went down there were teams that on paper that we should have finished above and the current squad is only marginally better than the one that went down. 

4 hours ago, unleaded said:

Like I said TM wants to take the slow slow approach and “ Build” and wants to stay in the project ...

Win or Bust is not for him and players who wear caps backwards!

Managers are in it for themselves in the end just like some players..

The Rothwells might be clean cut looking wise but they are for the long term and big gambles and this team is basically the same that went down.....

I'm with him on that. Anybody who wears a baseball cap back to front is a chav in my book and I'd rather have nothing to do with them. If the cap fits, wear it!

• Like 1

I am amazed at just how many potential top line football managers we have here on brfcs! All the down talk about fletcher is utter tripe. He might just be the player that lights up his career at Ewood under the right manager, I mean DG wasn5 exactly ripping up teams when he came to Rovers was he?

it will happen when it happens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Even if they did have money, the financial rules governing the league currently would stop us from buying every Tom, Dick and Harry. 

To cheer you all up, have a look at some of the other club’s signings. I reckon Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea, Preston, Ipswich and QPR have all had transfer period worse than us....

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2 

Having read back through LT interviews today.  Following the return from India, Sharpe was reporting 5 permanent signings plus loans.  Mowbray was talking of hungry young players as well as those with championship experience...

Starting to get a little worried, only a week and half to go till the season kicks off and we look really weak attacking-wise, only Graham & Dack out of the squad would I say are good enough to make an impact at Championship level and score some goals. Here's hoping Tony's got a few strikers and wingers deals waiting to go through. 

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No thanks. Poor player.

If true, shows we're definitely shopping at Lidl rather than Waitrose. 

Waitrose is for the Man City's of the world. Lidl is at least a step up from Netto, but it'd be nice to pull off at least one purchase from Sainsbury's.

Edited by Mike E

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

All those sides would probably say the same about us though. The year we went down there were teams that on paper that we should have finished above and the current squad is only marginally better than the one that went down. 

The team that went down would’ve finished mid table at the ratio it was collecting points under TM. I think it would have enough to survive in the Championship.

Having said that I’ll be gutted if we don’t sign the forwards we need. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The team that went down would’ve finished mid table at the ratio it was collecting points under TM. I think it would have enough to survive in the Championship.

Having said that I’ll be gutted if we don’t sign the forwards we need. 

Perhaps, but the fact remains over 46 games they were not good enough to stay up and I'd say the only player we have now who is better than anything we had then is Dack.