BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Mike E said:

Waitrose is for the Man City's of the world. Lidl is at least a step up from Netto, but it'd be nice to pull off at least one purchase from Sainsbury's.

I had to Google 'Netto' ...... a service I normally use for players that are linked to Rovers as I don't know who the hell they are.

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Alot of things will happen this week and next week regarding Rovers and other teams in the league. Its been set of today with alot of signings imminent.

Didnt you say we would have one in before liverpool and a few öther Times youve said wait til tomorrow ect.. Dönt trust you bro

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Didnt you say we would have one in before liverpool and a few öther Times youve said wait til tomorrow ect.. Dönt trust you bro

Well I think even TM is amazed things have taken time. Nothing is signed but players starts to come back so we will see.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am amazed at just how many potential top line football managers we have here on brfcs! All the down talk about fletcher is utter tripe. He might just be the player that lights up his career at Ewood under the right manager, I mean DG wasn5 exactly ripping up teams when he came to Rovers was he?

it will happen when it happens.

He might be, but based on the evidence we have about his career to date, which we are naturally going to talk about on an opinion driven messageboard, theres nothing to suggest it.

Danny Graham is a bizarre example. He had a proven track record. He had 2 good seasons at Watford, scoring a combined total of 38. He then moved to Swansea and got a dozen goals in the Premier League. He had a bad time at Sunderland, like Fletcher (if I recall Graham was often played wide there) but unlike Fletcher, he had a career prior to it with plenty of evidence to suggest that he could be a very shrewd acquisition.

Sadly, baseless posts such as these with no actual purpose or constructive point to it have half the messageboard eating out of their hands.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The team that went down would’ve finished mid table at the ratio it was collecting points under TM. I think it would have enough to survive in the Championship.

Having said that I’ll be gutted if we don’t sign the forwards we need. 

You cant say that accurately, as because it was over a short period, against many teams (Villa, Brentford, Reading, Wolves etc) with nothing to play for. We will see. 

Just now, neophox said:

Well I think even TM is amazed things have taken time. Nothing is signed but players starts to come back so we will see.

How do you know so much all the way from norway? Is your name Gamst? 

Just now, neophox said:

Nice to go into a season with a manager that knows his players and knows and spin on from the promotion!

Neo that's about 5 posts in a few minutes, we get it, youre very hopeful for good signing and a good season. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I had to Google 'Netto' ...... a service I normally use for players that are linked to Rovers as I don't know who the hell they are.

" Netto " were building a small super market near me. It was about a fortnight off opening, staff were being employed, then they changed their minds and pulled out ! Who does that remind you of ?  It's an  " Iceland  "now. 

We're shopping in " Poundland " at the moment. Next step - the food bank.

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am amazed at just how many potential top line football managers we have here on brfcs! All the down talk about fletcher is utter tripe. He might just be the player that lights up his career at Ewood under the right manager, I mean DG wasn5 exactly ripping up teams when he came to Rovers was he?

it will happen when it happens.

To be fair DG had a £5 mil move (back in the days when that was a few bob) and scored a few in the premier league before he came to us.  This kid's done the square route of nowt -yet.

Worth a punt as a permanent signing to develop but no way as a loan.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

He might be, but based on the evidence we have about his career to date, which we are naturally going to talk about on an opinion driven messageboard, theres nothing to suggest it.

Danny Graham is a bizarre example. He had a proven track record. He had 2 good seasons at Watford, scoring a combined total of 38. He then moved to Swansea and got a dozen goals in the Premier League. He had a bad time at Sunderland, like Fletcher (if I recall Graham was often played wide there) but unlike Fletcher, he had a career prior to it with plenty of evidence to suggest that he could be a very shrewd acquisition.

Sadly, baseless posts such as these with no actual purpose or constructive point to it have half the messageboard eating out of their hands.

You cant say that accurately, as because it was over a short period, against many teams (Villa, Brentford, Reading, Wolves etc) with nothing to play for. We will see. 

If everything else stayed the same, but we had played David Raya, we would have stayed up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The Championship is not the division it was. It is now packed full of clubs like Derby, Forest, the two Sheffield clubs, Leeds, Villa, Norwich and so on, who all regularly attract crowds of 25,000+. I assume Stoke and possibly West Brom will add to that figure.

Therefore the best we can hope for is a season out of nowhere, a la Huddersfield or to end up with a model like Brentford and PNE that consistently has them in the top 8.

Is that a 'moneyball' approach or do we utilise the Academy more? The club needs to decide what its approach is long term, as having just a couple of young lads signed up 10 days before a season in a higher division , doesn't seem like a recipe for success to me and has exposed a level of naviety within the club to how the Championship of 2018 is rapidly evolving ... 

Without wishing to open up old wounds , we are capable of getting 20k plus gates also , only we have fans who no longer wish to come to games 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

If everything else stayed the same, but we had played David Raya, we would have stayed up.

We went down by 2 goals. The biggest regret was when we beat Villa 1-0 at home with their fans cheering us on we could have won that game by more if we'd have gone for it as they were long gone on their holidays that day. That's old news though. Our season could have a similar story this year though if we don't bring anyone in. I'm scared at the minute. 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

" Netto " were building a small super market near me. It was about a fortnight off opening, staff were being employed, then they changed their minds and pulled out ! Who does that remind you of ?  It's an  " Iceland  "now. 

We're shopping in " Poundland " at the moment. Next step - the food bank.

I seem to recall that 'pulling out' was known as the 'Indian method'..... I don't think it was about shopping for players though.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I saw Abit of fletcher playing for United u21s. He looked a really good prospect. Could see the potential but was very raw. He reminded me of our very own Dominic Samuel with the exception that he was 18 and had time to improve. Seen nothing of him since he left united bar the odd highlight when he was at West Ham so have no idea of his development but I can't see him offering anything different to what we have in Samuel because he never came across as prolific or predatory around the box

31 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don't forget the team that stayed up by those two goals - Nottingham Forest - and the fact we won the corresponding home game 2-1 instead of 2-0, thanks to Steele literally dropping a  simple cross into our own net in the 96th minute. 2 goal swing right there. 

... Raya should be entering his 4th season as our #1, not his 2nd. Bowyer, L*mbert and C*yle are all as guilty for that. 

Other thought.

Since there are no apparent imminent incomings, I've turned my thoughts to our U23's and convinced myself that Travis should be a weekly starter and is already better than Smallwood and Evans. At least he has a 3rd gear.

• Like 1

I don't see the point of making a speculative unproven signing such as Fletcher when we already have 2 strikers who are probably not good enough for the Championship in Samuel and Nuttall. Time goes on and we badly need quality reinforcements. It's not looking good. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Having read back through LT interviews today.  Following the return from India, Sharpe was reporting 5 permanent signings plus loans.  Mowbray was talking of hungry young players as well as those with championship experience...

Don't remember anyone saying that. After Rothwell and Davenport it was always a "couple of loans and a couple of permanent signings."

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Perhaps, but the fact remains over 46 games they were not good enough to stay up and I'd say the only player we have now who is better than anything we had then is Dack.

We had the worst manager in our history for 2/3rds of the season, the players weren’t playing for him. Plus Raya is a substantial upgrade on Steele, Smallwood an upgrade on Lowe and Bennett MkII an upgrade on Bennett MkI

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

We had the worst manager in our history for 2/3rds of the season, the players weren’t playing for him. Plus Raya is a substantial upgrade on Steele, Smallwood an upgrade on Lowe and Bennett MkII an upgrade on Bennett MkI

The folks whose glass is half empty will argue this to the hilt but I totally agree.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is most people wouldn't have had Millwall or Sheff Utd getting as close the play offs as they did with their squads at the start of last year. It's an unpredictable league is the Championship

Being honest I don't think we have enough to be thinking about the play offs as its been a relatively poor transfer window so far, but I'm willing to back Mowbray regardless of our summer dealings until 10 games in at a minimum. I believe he's earned that. 

51 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Don't forget the team that stayed up by those two goals - Nottingham Forest - and the fact we won the corresponding home game 2-1 instead of 2-0, thanks to Steele literally dropping a  simple cross into our own net in the 96th minute. 2 goal swing right there. 

... Raya should be entering his 4th season as our #1, not his 2nd. Bowyer, L*mbert and C*yle are all as guilty for that. 

Other thought.

Since there are no apparent imminent incomings, I've turned my thoughts to our U23's and convinced myself that Travis should be a weekly starter and is already better than Smallwood and Evans. At least he has a 3rd gear.

Would complement Smallwood well I reckon