BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I would have him back even as backup for Dack but not sure he is the right man to start on either side of him. Still, young, plenty of resale potential and has some Championship experience.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know the lad hasn't exactly set Ewood on fire during his loan spell but I would certainly have him back next season. Has experienced promotion from the Championship and seems very keen to impress and improve. 

Any news on the lad from Hibs at all that had supposedly signed a pre contract agreement? 

9 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

But have Venky's really spent £250 million on Rovers?

Maybe they squirrelled away all the parachute money, the TV money, the profits from players etc and then used the same money to issue shares and loan money back to the club?

If they really have ploughed all that income back into the club and it has cost £250 million on top of that and we are still massively in debt then how do other clubs manage to survive without having the same problems?

It just doesn't add up to me.

Yes they have. It’s in the a/cs. The parachute money is paid to BRFC. Transfer fees are paid to BRFC. The TV money is paid to BRFC. 

At its simplest, our outgoings have outstripped our income for the whole of their ownership. (Outgoings would include transfer fees, wages, agents fees, advisor fees...etc).

On that basis an owner either borrows money to keep trading or injects more of their own cash. If neither of those happens, the company is insolvent & soon ceases trading. Venkys have done both.

This isn’t opinion, it’s maths. I’m not a Venky apologist but I do understand company accounts.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I know the lad hasn't exactly set Ewood on fire during his loan spell but I would certainly have him back next season. Has experienced promotion from the Championship and seems very keen to impress and improve. 

Any news on the lad from Hibs at all that had supposedly signed a pre contract agreement? 

But do we want to spend what little money we will have for transfers on a backup player? 

10 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

But have Venky's really spent £250 million on Rovers?

Maybe they squirrelled away all the parachute money, the TV money, the profits from players etc and then used the same money to issue shares and loan money back to the club?

If they really have ploughed all that income back into the club and it has cost £250 million on top of that and we are still massively in debt then how do other clubs manage to survive without having the same problems?

It just doesn't add up to me.

Not much has touched the sides though and the share capital on the VLL books is what has under pinned the continued losses they've racked up plus maybe possibly the original purchase money and debt then.

God knows where the rest has come and gone from, maybe just moved through the club into other things ? Oversees ventures, partners pockets, other investments ?

There is still something at the heart of all this and remember the club was bought as a business tool not really a hobby.

18 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

But do we want to spend what little money we will have for transfers on a backup player? 

If good players become available and want to come here, we should sign them. Having 2 good players for each position is the goal, Payne would be an excellent signing on loan or permanent. 

I'm not sure Mowbray fancies him though. He played Dack against Gillingham and Bristol rovers when he clearly wasn't fit and then against Oxford, with Dack out, Payne didn't start. 

I think he would be a great signing though. He showed some real glimpses of quality and is a player with an x factor I reckon. I wonder how him and Dack behind a striker would go 

50 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I wouldnt bring Payne if we can sign Otzumer on a free transfer. If we dont then I would sign Payne if the deal is right for us

44 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Yes they have. It’s in the a/cs. The parachute money is paid to BRFC. Transfer fees are paid to BRFC. The TV money is paid to BRFC. 

At its simplest, our outgoings have outstripped our income for the whole of their ownership. (Outgoings would include transfer fees, wages, agents fees, advisor fees...etc).

On that basis an owner either borrows money to keep trading or injects more of their own cash. If neither of those happens, the company is insolvent & soon ceases trading. Venkys have done both.

This isn’t opinion, it’s maths. I’m not a Venky apologist but I do understand company accounts.

I haven't studied the accounts.

I do keep wondering how much of this  is agents'  (partners) direct fees, how much went on salaries for Murphy, Etuhu, Orr, Goodwillie, Formica and Rochina. A  good percentage of those salaries would have made its way indirectly into the pockets of the same agents (partners). 

Then there is all the money spent on paying people off and maintaining their silence.....

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I would be more than happy with him on loan. Oztumer on a free would be a better option. Chapman, Arma and a play making midfielder would be my priorities. 

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wouldn’t be too disappointed with Payne back although I feel he is a bit lightweight.

see journos are trying to link antonsson with a perm here I hope that’s not the case

I don't think they are trying to link him, they are just saying we have an option to buy. I doubt Mowbray will take that option up. Chapman and Armstrong are better options 

19 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I would be more than happy with him on loan. Oztumer on a free would be a better option. Chapman, Arma and a play making midfielder would be my priorities. 

Out of all of the loan players we have had this year Chapman would be the one for me, different gear. 

My shout for a new centre forward: Sebastian Andersson. Available on a free after having having scored 11 in 28 for relegated Kaiserslautern (German second division) last season. 26, strong, tall, hardworking, but still with a bit of pace and not a Heskey-like lump. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sebastian-andersson/profil/spieler/147573

• Like 7

• Backroom
Just now, Commondore said:

My shout for a new centre forward: Sebastian Andersson. Available on a free after having having scored 11 in 28 for relegated Kaiserslautern (German second division) last season. 26, strong, tall, hardworking, but still with a bit of pace and not a Heskey-like lump. 

Forward it to TM ;)

7 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Says he is contracted until 2020. Looks decent though. 

25 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Says he is contracted until 2020. Looks decent though. 

Said in an interview a few weeks ago that his contract wouldn't be eligible if the team were relegated. Still, I suppose it wouldn't be the first time a player and his club had different views on that sort of thing.