BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Begins with a V and ends with an S...

Surely warranted, though Mowbray himself said after India that they've been given a budget to buy quality players that fit our wage structure. Rich Sharpe also indicates that we could see the Dack fee of 750k eclipsed before the window closing.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

The previous six and a half seasons before our season in the third division , perhaps

The last 12 months show a slight different trend, regardless of how insignificant you see the achievement of returning from the third tier at first time of asking.

It also shows a trend towards gradual build, investment in some youth players, more sensible and less wasted wages, moves towards improvement in scouting, customer dialogue, social media and an actual team of directors in the uk with some level of perceived remit.

Continued investment in the academy and the re-signing of our better players with more competitive salary contacts are all better signs.

Im glad TM isn’t jumping the gun and signing players in panic no use to us, and if that means a loan or two extra for 6 months whilst we search for what we know will make a difference to the first team squad. There’s no rush like the previous 12 out in one go summer! 

Dont let all that distract you from bringing this thread though, (like a few others) to the common denominator; Venkys.

We all can’t get enough talking about them, they’ve hardly had a mention in the last decade.

• Like 3

I'm sure when I glanced through the Telegraph article first thing this morning it said we were hoping for at least 4 more arrivals and has since been changed to at least 3 new arrivals.

Worrying. Seems we're constantly retreating from Mowbray's early hopes and now we're setting the bar at 3 of which a couple will be loans.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop worrying and trust Mowbray to get signings in. 

Ive asked Rich Sharpe your point about its gone from at least 4 to at least 3?

His response is what he been told 3 to 4 signings in

That doesn't make it ok. I'm concerned that 3 is a possibility at all. 3 is not enough.

And stop telling people not to worry and trust Tony, it's getting patronising. Especially since you've been told a dozen times it is Venkys that people don't trust.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

Worrying. Seems we're constantly retreating from Mowbray's early hopes and now we're setting the bar at 3 of which a couple will be loans.

I'll be worried when Mowbray comes out with the generic, stock statement of "this is the best squad I have had since I have been here" that we have heard so many times before from previous managers, right before everything goes tits up.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if you trust Mowbray why are worry and nervous for? 

We all trust him Chaddy, it's the ,at best, complacent owners we worry about. If they are niggling over a few pounds here and there and the window slams shut, we are screwed. I think we will be ok, but when I see the window closes in 7 days, I do get a bit of a fright! 

12 minutes ago, Biz said:

We all can’t get enough talking about them, they’ve hardly had a mention in the last decade.

They get mentioned because they are the owners, for good or ill. You can't discuss transfers, money etc. without a nod to those that hold the purse strings.

Just over a week until we start a season in a higher division, two young lads signed and that's it. Past experience says that's a worrying sign and any Rovers fan with a memory longer than a goldfish will look to those that we should no longer name as the root cause -  outspending the likes of Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe last season means bugger all... 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

*BIG TRANSFER NEWS*

Olivia Atwood joins Celebs come dating or some shit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5984197/Love-Islands-Olivia-Attwood-signs-Celebs-Dating-split-footballer-Bradley-Dack.html 

Joking aside, I thought she was with Dacky? I really wish he would settle down with a nice girl, this celebrity nonsense does not mix well with being a professional athlete  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We all trust him Chaddy, it's the ,at best, complacent owners we worry about. If they are niggling over a few pounds here and there and the window slams shut, we are screwed. I think we will be ok, but when I see the window closes in 7 days, I do get a bit of a fright! 

The window for permanent signings closes 9th of August. Frees and loans can still be added untill 31 August. I think we'll see loans added after 9th as PL teams take stock after the transfer window closes.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Jack Harrison's 4 games at Championship level definitely, 100%, undoubtedly, irrefutably, undeniably makes him a better signing than Marcus Maddison will be....

....according to Chaddy.

Have I ever said this? I would love you to show me where I said. 

If we can get both Armstrong and Maddison permanent good but I want Armstrong in 1st plus a loan striker. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if you trust Mowbray why are worry and nervous for? 

Thought I was blocked?

Simply put Chaddy, it is 7 business days until the end of the transfer window and we are looking very light in areas. Nerves and worries are going to kick in considering we were told to expect 6 signings and have only made 2 in two months. So we are to expect 2 perms in a week and then use the loan market for a couple more? That is the minimum I would expect from what we have been told.

At what point will you start to worry? Deadline day?

It doesn't close in 7 days it's two weeks today it closes.Still we really should be looking to have our signings in before ipswich

I am looking forward to the season, I am neither particularly bothered or impressed by our transfer activity. Lets wait and see how we perform, come the games. Supporters being worried about signings is not going to effect results one iota.

6 minutes ago, Biz said:

The last 12 months show a slight different trend, regardless of how insignificant you see the achievement of returning from the third tier at first time of asking.

It also shows a trend towards gradual build, investment in some youth players, more sensible and less wasted wages, moves towards improvement in scouting, customer dialogue, social media and an actual team of directors in the uk with some level of perceived remit.

Continued investment in the academy and the re-signing of our better players with more competitive salary contacts are all better signs.

Im glad TM isn’t jumping the gun and signing players in panic no use to us, and if that means a loan or two extra for 6 months whilst we search for what we know will make a difference to the first team squad. There’s no rush like the previous 12 out in one go summer! 

Dont let all that distract you from bringing this thread though, (like a few others) to the common denominator; Venkys.

Yes, its all going to be one long upward graph from now on. Time to forget the previous 6 years!

And no point in talking about Venkys because they are no longer relevant!   :blink::blink:

*BIG TRANSFER NEWS*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5984197/Love-Islands-Olivia-Attwood-signs-Celebs-Dating-split-footballer-Bradley-Dack.html 

Joking aside, I thought she was with Dacky? I really wish he would settle down with a nice girl, this celebrity nonsense does not mix well with being a professional athlete  

We should be over the moon she's split from Dack. I said it when they got together women like her are fucking trouble. No doubt in his ear about a move back down London so she can mingle with the elite. Good riddance to the plastic talentless shitebag.

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

I am looking forward to the season, I am neither particularly bothered or impressed by our transfer activity. Lets wait and see how we perform, come the games. Supporters being worried about signings is not going to effect results one iota.

In other words, you don't see the point of a Message Board.

• Like 3

It is worrying that all of a sudden we are now signing 3 players instead of 4.

What happened to Mowbray wanting to bring a goalkeeper in?I remember an article in the Telegraph with Mowbray where he said he wanted to bring in an experienced Goalkeeper.

I like Rich Sharpe but the Telegraph is terrible they run the same story multiple times 

*BIG TRANSFER NEWS*

I do hope they have split up, the last thing he needs at this point (or probably any point) in his career is a bird like her always in the spotlight. Get yourself a nice girl, settle down and focus on your football. Playing at the highest level he has before and just one level away from the top -  a good season in the Championship and you never know where his career might take him.

Knuckle down Brads and take your chance because you are not young-young in football terms anymore. 

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

It is worrying that all of a sudden we are now signing 3 players instead of 4.

What happened to Mowbray wanting to bring a goalkeeper in?I remember an article in the Telegraph with Mowbray where he said he wanted to bring in an experienced Goalkeeper.

I like Rich Sharpe but the Telegraph is terrible they run the same story multiple times 

Yes, I reminded myself of that earlier, there was definitely a desire to add a goalkeeper as we were 'linked' to Frank Fielding in May by the Telegraph.