BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

I agree but we’re talking about adding 4/5 loans like last season to the squad, which actually helped hugely. I don’t mean the “Watford” style borrow a club. 

I’m not dissapointed about spending money because it guarantees absolutely nothing. I know proven quality costs a lot but take Rothwell for example, if he has a big impact for 6 months - that’s a free transfer potentially worth 10m+. It’s gone mental.

If one thing I am not worried or dissapointed about, it’s the squad as a whole. I’ve said all summer I think this teams better than the last one we had in the championship, and that’s without any signings. I’m also convinced the management will get the most of any budget they are given after last seasons transfer business.

Just to add - I would obviously love the Rao’s to stump up more cash, but that, FFP, share capital and the continuation of our academy is a different discussion entirely.

You mean we can't discuss the transfer budget in the transfer thread?

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plus all the new contracts 

The new contracts have nothing to do with it though.

If our budget was going on giving our existing players improved contracts then don't mislead the fans by telling us about exciting attacking players being lined up, the club can't be built on loans etc 

Simply say our budget has been used to improve our existing player contracts, We will have to use the loan market 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We are a week away from the start of the season and I would say one injury away(Graham)from being in a relegation battle.

Could accept loan signings if our "competitive" budget had to go on a striker which left us short on funds. 

What I can't understand is if we are only bringing in 1 perm,then why are we spending what little funds we have on an area in centre half where we are well stocked. 

If Mowbray didn't think Downing was good enough to step in why was he signed on a permanent deal in the first place?

And why loan Wharton out?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In relation to us signing another centre half. In fairness it was glaringly the weakest area in the team last season. Lenihan back is great. We do need more competition though. 

Just a striker is more important.... 

But why sign Downing on a permanent it just doesn't make sense, if Mowbray feels he is not good enough to step up which presumably he doesn't if we are lining up another centre half then he should have been thanked for his service and not given a full time contract 

Edited by islander200

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good signings usually equal good results.

Not with a mediocre manager ..not guaranteed. A good manager getting the best out of his players usually equals good results ..regardless of signings.

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plus all the new contracts 

Would all the contract not be factored in before Tony started shouting about having a " competitive" budget. Tony and the board would have been well aware that in the instance of promotion players would need new contracts. Surly he would have said we have a budget but we need to dip into a chunk of that to renew players contracts then we can play with what's left as he is such an honest guy. From his comments you would have to assume the contracts and budgets would have been drawn up with all this in mind before he spoke to the fans about competitive budgets

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

That bennet thing is leading to a 5 minute warning I reckon.

Brace yourself people, armstrong, chapman, maddison, gallagher and messi all about to sign ?

ps scrap messi, he didnt want to come as bradleys backup

Just now, FGS5635 said:

That bennet thing is leading to a 5 minute warning I reckon.

Brace yourself people, armstrong, chapman, maddison, gallagher and messi all about to sign ?

ps scrap messi, he didnt want to come as bradleys backup

...Palmer ?

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The new contracts have nothing to do with it though.

If our budget was going on giving our existing players improved contracts then don't mislead the fans by telling us about exciting attacking players being lined up, the club can't be built on loans etc 

Simply say our budget has been used to improve our existing player contracts, We will have to use the loan market 

Look at @J*B post about us having 10 million pounds season budget. That also including new contracts for existing players, agents fees, players signing fees and 1st year wages and transfer fees(which most clubs pay over 2 to 3 year period)

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Then he can't have much of an eye for attacking players.

If Chapman was the real deal then surely there would be a host of clubs in for him 

300 mins plus two major injuries ..jury well n truly out .

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

If Chapman was the real deal then surely there would be a host of clubs in for him 

300 mins plus two major injuries ..jury well n truly out .

As much as I like Chapman, you're right. Looks like he's a great prospect but hard to judge properly based on what we saw last year. However he's an exciting looking player and we've lacked those recently so he's worth the risk for the right price!

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Biz said:

The problem is DE - between 2011 and 2015, we spent 100m+ more than we earned, and that will be a noose around our neck until the day these owners decide to walk away! 

As our debt is mostly owed to our idiot owners it will only really become a problem whenever they leave - assuming they don't choose to wipe it out. Until then it is, at this point, just an astronomical figure that we can't ever hope to pay off and will continue to get bigger. In fact, the ONLY way we could ever realistically hope to pay it off is by getting promoted into the Premier League. We'll never make a worthwhile profit in the Championship.

As an aside, how utterly mismanaged were we to end up with such ridiculous debt? We've made a net profit most seasons as far as transfer fees are concerned, so it's not like we've spent big on transfers and that's how we've ended up in massive debt. It's just been horrendous mismanagement at numerous levels - particularly when it comes to contracts, which have typically been way too long in length and way too high in wage. Even recently you could argue that signing Caddis up for two years was a stupid, unnecessary decision which is costing us an extra year's worth of wages for a player who wasn't even useful last season in a lower division.

But really it's the likes of Murphy, Etuhu, Orr and Best that have fucked us over. Terrible decisions and god only knows what we've been paying in wages and signing on/agent fees to end up over £100m in the red.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Yeah mate thats what the telegraph are suggesting today

Here is Rich Sharpe tweet from a hour ago. He mention a big one signing. Surely that wont be a defender. I can see us signing a cheap fee defender plus permanent signing either winger or striker then 2 loan players(Palmer and either winger or striker depending who we sign permanent.)

Still cant believe Mowbray didnt sign Barry Mckay. He was the type of winger we need and for such a cheap fee

Screenshot_20180730-124124_Twitter.jpg