BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is Rich Sharpe tweet from a hour ago. He mention a big one signing. Surely that wont be a defender. I can see us signing a cheap fee defender plus permanent signing either winger or striker then 2 loan players(Palmer and either winger or striker depending who we sign permanent.)

Still cant believe Mowbray didnt sign Barry Mckay. He was the type of winger we need and for such a cheap fee

Screenshot_20180730-124124_Twitter.jpg

Well hopefully we will bring in a couple of decent signings on a perm with one at least being an attacking player.

Rich Sharp and the telegraph seem to change the story every 5 minutes the article in the telegraph yesterday suggested 3 loans and 2 perm today it was 3 loans and 1 perm with the perm being a centre half and now this tweet.

Maybe I'm just better off not taking any notice of the telegraph but can help being worried with the season so close and the window closing soon 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well hopefully we will bring in a couple of decent signings on a perm with one at least being an attacking player.

Rich Sharp and the telegraph seem to change the story every 5 minutes the article in the telegraph yesterday suggested 3 loans and 2 perm today it was 3 loans and 1 perm with the perm being a centre half and now this tweet.

Maybe I'm just better off not taking any notice of the telegraph but can help being worried with the season so close and the window closing soon 

LET will do because nobody knows whats happening, which to me is a good thing

I still think the Armstrong/Chapman signings have passed us

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I can understand that points. It is confusing. 

I think it will 2/3 permanent and 2/3 loans but we will be 4/5 signings. 

Everything is smoke and mirrors at this time of the season and clubs will use local press to their advantage in negotiations. The telegraph will be fed what the club want them to be fed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FGS5635 said:

Everything is smoke and mirrors at this time of the season and clubs will use local press to their advantage in negotiations. The telegraph will be fed what the club want them to be fed

Eggs-zactly

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is Rich Sharpe tweet from a hour ago. He mention a big one signing. Surely that wont be a defender. I can see us signing a cheap fee defender plus permanent signing either winger or striker then 2 loan players(Palmer and either winger or striker depending who we sign permanent.)

Still cant believe Mowbray didnt sign Barry Mckay. He was the type of winger we need and for such a cheap fee

Screenshot_20180730-124124_Twitter.jpg

The 'big' signing has been referred to for the last week or so in Sharpe's stories in the paper. That's the one that 'might' eclipse the Dack fee of last summer. So I suppose big if you're accustomed to a couple of hundred grand signings and loans but not big by Championship standards.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The 'big' signing has been referred to for the last week or so in Sharpe's stories in the paper. That's the one that 'might' eclipse the Dack fee of last summer. So I suppose big if you're accustomed to a couple of hundred grand signings and loans but not big by Championship standards.

i thought he meant "big "(relatively speaking) as being 6 foot 7 ..lol

• Like 1

Didn't sound like Nmecha was imminent, assuming he isn't off to Swansea anyway, so this could be an interesting surprise....

#AgentBenno only ever had two targets in his sights, mind.

Edited by CD_93

24 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

If Chapman was the real deal then surely there would be a host of clubs in for him 

300 mins plus two major injuries ..jury well n truly out .

Young lad who clearly has talent.  Type who can get round the back of teams.  Seemed to integrate well with the rest of the players.  Only going to improve but doubt over an injury and so was likely within our budget.  

Who else do we have on our bench who can change a game?

Gone on to have a good pre season and looks on verge of Boro bench at least.  Missed the boat IMO.  

One will deffo be palmer, reckon the other could be Armstrong, pretty sure he was left behind from newcastles pre season tour, and the term agentbenno has been used by bennet when talking about resigning chapman and Armstrong on his social media, so his involvement would make sense.

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently 2 signings incoming..

Where this from please? Is this 100%?

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Could one be Chapman... ? :rock:

Dont see it

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

One will deffo be palmer, reckon the other could be Armstrong, pretty sure he was left behind from newcastles pre season tour, and the term agentbenno has been used by bennet when talking about resigning chapman and Armstrong on his social media, so his involvement would make sense.

I think Armstrong was in Portugal on Saturday with Newcastle. Chapman played yesterday for Boro. So doubt its them. 

On Nmecha, my sister's fella is a City season ticket holder as is his Dad who watches City Youth team regularly and they are both of the opinion that he will go on to be a star.

Both said they could see him making a big impact in the Championship if he is to be loaned out.

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Young lad who clearly has talent.  Type who can get round the back of teams.  Seemed to integrate well with the rest of the players.  Only going to improve but doubt over an injury and so was likely within our budget.  

Who else do we have on our bench who can change a game?

Gone on to have a good pre season and looks on verge of Boro bench at least.  Missed the boat IMO.  

No doubt the lad has some talent but two injuries ..a step up in division after only a handful of minutes in League one makes it a bit of a risk IMO.

And surely we want someone starting the game on the wing not coming on from bench week in week out ?

3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I still think Armstrong will end up with us by the end of the window, one way or another. Nobody else seems interested, Newcastle don't want to keep him and are facing cuts of their own by Ashley, he was popular here (including with the other players) and wants to be here. So, its either a loan or a fee lesser than Newcastle are seeking.

Just a feeling I've got, no knowledge whatsoever.

• Like 1