BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course he is, I'm not his dad.

But 'are you ever positive' to a bloke that obviously bleeds blue and white is just snidey, and after a rise that will take us off on another positive/negative tangent for 3 pages.

Well said.

Ages and ages ago I said Rovers activity will go to the end of the window.

A closure this early is new to all clubs so they will all be cagey without having a few competitive games to see how things are shaping before it slams shut.

So zero conclusions can be drawn yet.

Inevitably given the part of the store we are shopping in, there will be duds - more duds than bargains. Just have to hope all this summer's signings aren't duds. 

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course he is, I'm not his dad.

But 'are you ever positive' to a bloke that obviously bleeds blue and white is just snidey, and after a rise that will take us off on another positive/negative tangent for 3 pages.

What do you mean snidely,obviously a top Rovers fan but very negative and if you ask him he’ll probably agree he is,cautious might be a better description ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Asking someone that spends hundreds (maybe even thousands) of pounds following this club and giving up loads of his time presumably using holidays from work to do so, frankly deserves a lot better than 'are you ever positive about Rovers?'. 

Deserves better? It's a forum. If he says that Birmingham are in a better place than us, he deserves to be asked the question imo 

• Like 2

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/would-bringing-kasey-palmer-back-1747154.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Just reading this. Mentions a tendency to run down blind alleys and hold on to the ball too much but its par for the course for the type of player he is so that doesnt concern me too much. He tries things and is exciting.

The more worrying aspect is positionally. Says there was a struggle to fit him in the team with Vydra taking his favoured 10 role, the article also dispells the myth that hes equally capable wide. I just hope we can find a way to get both him and Dack in the starting 11 together. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, unsall said:

What do you mean snidely,obviously a top Rovers fan but very negative and if you ask him he’ll probably agree he is,cautious might be a better description ?

He's not negative, he's just realistic. I'm of the same mindset and agree with JH on the vast majority of things. There's a bit of remaining giddiness on here due to our promotion from an absolutely dire league last season, and that's fine, but it shouldn't cloud the fact we still have a lot of work to do to make this squad competitive for a 46 game season plus cup competitions. We have no strength in depth and two of our most important players are old and injury prone. Meanwhile we seem only capable of signing loans or players for less than £1m. If that doesn't give cause for concern I'm not sure what will.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately in Chelsea's case there are lots and lots of other Todd Kanes. Players who will have been lured to Chelsea as kids, moulded in Chelsea's academy and then spend their careers being farmed out all over the place. Kane will be 25 by the time he leaves Hull at the end of his loan and will have never kicked a ball in anger for Chelsea whilst moving round countless loan clubs.

As there are big drawbacks to ourselves relying on loan players, there are drawbacks to these sort of players who waste their careers with a nomadic existence when if they had put down roots at a decent Championship club or lower Premier League club there is every chance that over a few years they would develop into first team players.

The drawback to Rovers on relying upon loans is we have a nomadic existence ourselves where we cannot properly plan or develop a squad or identity because each and every summer we are waiting until the 11th hour until we discover who, if anyone, we are able to borrow, rather than seizing control of our destiny by owning our players.

Tammy Abraham - now 20 - last 2 years on loan at Swansea and Bristol City, 2 appearances for Chelsea

Ola Aina - now 21 - 3 appearances in 3 years at Chelsea, last season on loan at Hull

Lewis Baker - now 23 - never kicked a ball for Chelsea, last 3 years out on loan at Sheff Weds, MK Dons, Vitesse, Middlesbrough and now Leeds

Jeremie Boga - 1 appearance in 3 years at Chelsea - 3 years on loan at Rennes, Granada and Birmingham

Fankaty Dabo - 0 appearances - loans at Swindon and Vitesse

Michael Hector - 0 appearances - loans at Reading, Frankfurt and Hull

Tomas Kalas - now 25 - 2 appearances - loans at Vitesse, Cologne, Middlesbrough x 2 and Fulham x 2

Todd Kane - 24 - 0 appearances - loans at PNE, Rovers, Bristol City, Forest, Nijmegen, Groningen, Oxford and Hull

Kasey Palmer - 0 appearances - loans at Huddersfield x 2, Derby and Rovers

Plenty of others on the list.

Clubs were the same in the old days of the maximum wage. You'd have blokes at a club for 10 years who'd played 8 games for the first team. The reserves and " A " team would be full of pro's. On £20 max a week per player they could afford to do it. Once that finished they all got shown the door.

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Deserves better? It's a forum. If he says that Birmingham are in a better place than us, he deserves to be asked the question imo 

Yet if JH had called Unsall a 'happy clapper', imagine the reaction from those of a similar mindset. It's hardly unreasonable to say that a team that was in the league above us last season they are in a better place than us, to be fair. 

Quite simply, if people followed the guideline of 'not being a dick', then we'd be better off on here. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

He's not negative, he's just realistic. I'm of the same mindset and agree with JH on the vast majority of things. There's a bit of remaining giddiness on here due to our promotion from an absolutely dire league last season, and that's fine, but it shouldn't cloud the fact we still have a lot of work to do to make this squad competitive for a 46 game season plus cup competitions. We have no strength in depth and two of our most important players are old and injury prone. Meanwhile we seem only capable of signing loans or players for less than £1m. If that doesn't give cause for concern I'm not sure what will.

A tiny bit perhaps? 

There’s a bloody load of remaining bitterness and anger at decisions taken 2011-2017 that have little to no direct impact on what we can do this summer yet it’s brought to this and other threads on a daily basis. 

Just look up - what on earth does Kean and Scott Dann have to do with the interview with a new player ?

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/would-bringing-kasey-palmer-back-1747154.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Just reading this. Mentions a tendency to run down blind alleys and hold on to the ball too much but its par for the course for the type of player he is so that doesnt concern me too much. He tries things and is exciting.

The more worrying aspect is positionally. Says there was a struggle to fit him in the team with Vydra taking his favoured 10 role, the article also dispells the myth that hes equally capable wide. I just hope we can find a way to get both him and Dack in the starting 11 together. 

Number 10 may be his best position, but I have seen him play a couple of times out wide and he has impressed, most definitely better than we already have in that position and has much needed pace. Agree that we need a natural wideman tho.

Seems like a lot of people on here are just being soft. Crying at the slightest criticism or difference in opinions. We are all adults aren't we? Suck it up. I don't think anyone is intentionally being horrible

Let's just talk about transfers on here or lack there of.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Yet if JH had called Unsall a 'happy clapper', imagine the reaction from those of a similar mindset. It's hardly unreasonable to say that a team that was in the league above us last season they are in a better place than us, to be fair. 

Quite simply, if people followed the guideline of 'not being a dick', then we'd be better off on here. 

I don’t think that works, since my definition of what constitutes being a “dick” will be different;

For example, winding people up, making stuff up, then changing your name or creating a new account seems to be perfectly fine on BRFCS but to me that would make you a bit of a “Dick”.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I could see that's very true in the bit of film I saw on YouTube. He does run into people and not space and he has a tendency to try and beat a third man after he's already beaten two. But so did Matt Jansen when he came here at first. Souey sorted him out, let's hope Mowbray can sort this lad out. He's got more pure footballing ability than most at the club he needs to be taught it's a team game and a pass is quicker over the ground than any player running with the ball.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Biz said:

There’s a bloody load of remaining bitterness and anger at decisions taken 2011-2017 that have little to no direct impact on what we can do this summer 

In my view the decisions taken then have a massive impact on our current position, so I completely disagree and would say the bitterness and anger is wholly justified.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think it is very unfair of you to associate the person who asked him if he is ever positive about Rovers with "being a dick". It was a harmless question. Are you ever positive about Rovers? He could just answer it. Bizzare that a protection party has formed, including a mod. 

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone heard a rumour about Joe Garner?

If we are looking to bring in quality then i would have thought thats rubbish, unless we want rubbish players. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it is very unfair of you to associate the person who asked him if he is ever positive about Rovers with "being a dick". It was a harmless question. Are you ever positive about Rovers? He could just answer it. Bizzare that a protection party has formed, including a mod. 

This isn't you being " soft " is it