BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

They have already put us in financial ruin? ?‍♂️

I meant TM and the team he has. Venkys staying quiet is okay with me.

I have always felt they were the front for other agents that ruined the club. Venkys just advised badly.

Venkys get good tax breaks in India on our losses. Spoke to various Indians at the world cup this summer.

Well with all the people who frequent this message board, ITKs, friends of players, journos, etc., and we have no idea what TM has for a transfer budget, then neither do the clubs from whom we're trying to acquire players. That alone must stand us in good stead. Proper prices for proper players. This isn't Mowbray's first rodeo! All will be well. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not first team related but I noticed on the under 23 team sheet at Kendal was ‘Ennis Bunjacki’ a google suggests it’s likely to be Enis Bunjaki, ex Germany under 17, 18 and 20 player currently a free agent after being released from Twente.

He must have had some potential at some point you would think! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enis_Bunjaki This guy?

1 minute ago, Tom said:

That’s my assumption based on Kendal’s team sheet listing an ‘Ennis Bunjacki’ up front for us 

Sounds like 2 + 2 = 4 to me... I can't imagine there's too many Ennis Bunjackis out there.

49 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Excellent.

I know we are in the middle of a cold war on this site...

???

Brilliant Len! They’ll make a film about it... adopt American voice over...

”A BRFCS Production, based loosely on the mainly non events of the traumatic / brilliantly planned summer transfer window 2018/19 of Blackburn Rovers Soccer Club...

A Messageboard divided... Families in turmoil...

......THE COLD WAR.....

Optimists and Pessimists collide with some of the worst examples of people taking themselves far too seriously since the last horrific / not too bad transfer window.

Only this time, it’s occasionally perceived as slightly personal...

Certificate 18. Straight to video.”

• Like 5

The AgentBenno malarky at the very least seems to indicate the club are confident of more coming in. Benno himself said 'first' signing with the very badly kept ultra-secret of Palmer coming here. 

Is there signings that are potentially better than the D graders AA and HC? Time will tell.

Whatver happens, we need a minimum of a striker and a winger but ideally two of both.

8 hours ago, JeffRover said:

Ultimately Mowbray can’t win in this situation. We all know that we need a nasty centre half. If he goes out and gets one permanent some will moan about ‘wasting the budget’, but if we get a loan some will say ‘why are we relying on loans?’ and ‘we should have kept Wharton instead’. Who’d want to be a football manager eh?

EH? This post reads like every one's getting stuck into a highly unpopular Tony Mowbray who'll get slagged off whatever he does!

How on earth did you come up with that?

Who'd be a football manager? He would, he loves it.

"We all know that we need a nasty centre half" so why wouldn't TM get appropriate criticism if he doesn't sign one?

Edited by 47er

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think we will sign an out and out striker, an attacker / winger and a CB before the deadline with a possibility of one or two loans before the end of August.

If the quality of player is decent then I think everybody on this MB would be delighted with that.

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I don't think that's a problem, and I think Mowbray has it spot on. Chapman started two games in total for us (?), and his other 14 appearances were from the bench - when he was at his most devastating. It's perhaps unfair to judge Chapman's starting performances based on two matches, but if he came back as an impact sub, that would be superb.

On that basis, Chapman clearly isn't a priority.

Not strictly true. The one game he started against Portsmouth he was very good. And it will be aproblem for Mowbray because every time Chapman is sat on the bench and we don't perform questions will be asked of Mowbray. 

• Like 1

Looks like Daniel Arzani is off to Celtic via a Man City loan. 

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/celtic-and-manchester-city-close-to-arzani-deal-after-holding-talks

Jamie Maclaren is currently fielding offers from a range of clubs/leagues but is yet to be granted (quite rightly in my opinion) a release from his club. 

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/victory-land-honda-for-2-9-million-but-maclaren-wavering

I guess Celtic would be a good option for him especially at his age given he will also gain experience in the CL but i was hoping in the off chance we may have been able to snap him up. 

Not sure where Maclaren's head is at but it's safe to say based on Tony's criteria he's not being considered. 

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The AgentBenno malarky at the very least seems to indicate the club are confident of more coming in. Benno himself said 'first' signing with the very badly kept ultra-secret of Palmer coming here. 

Is there signings that are potentially better than the D graders AA and HC? Time will tell.

Whatver happens, we need a minimum of a striker and a winger but ideally two of both.

I think the ‘Agent Benno’ stuff was very poor in reflection given we ended up signing one guy who everyone knew was coming in. The club must have known that everyone would have suspected Armstrong or Chapman. Big few days ahead, need 3 players minimum.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Proof is in the pudding.

If we spend over a million (“seven figure deals”) on more than one player I’ll be amazed.

Meanwhile the season starts in 3 days and our squad isn’t ready and supporters don’t even have season ticket cards! It all feels very disorganised.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Proof is in the pudding.

If we spend over a million (“seven figure deals”) on more than one player I’ll be amazed.

Meanwhile the season starts in 3 days and our squad isn’t ready and supporters don’t even have season ticket cards! It all feels very disorganised.

I see what he's doing to be honest. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay and the fee's for some players are a joke, he's willing to leave it late and betting on clubs to get desperate to get his first choices. Got no reason to doubt him tbf. 

• Like 2

So according to the Lancashire telegraph we are after 4 players, 2 attackers, a CB and a back up goalkeeper, with it being suggested there could be a couple of 7 figure fees. I imagine the 2 attackers will be a striker and a winger. Hope it pans out how TM thinks it will but i'm not to sure, tho I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't get a Goalkeeper. Fingers crossed.

After reading Mowbury’s comments from this morning and yesterday evening, I’d like to think he’s got some potentially good deals lined up in regards to the forward positions. If Armstrong and Chapman are way down the list we can only speculate who’s on the a and b list. 

If we are being fairly honest, I don’t think anyone of us would have expected Kasey Palmer to arrive on loan to us, believing him to go to a more ‘established’ club in this division hoping for promotion. 

Only speculating here, but I wonder if Mowbury is going for more ambitious targets such as Jordan Hugill (he’s surplus to requirements at West Ham) and I do think the Man City youngster is Patrick Roberts (obviously got experience playing in the championship and SPL)

As others have said on here and regardless of what Rich Sharpe has said recently I think Bauer would be joining us, it’ll go down to the wire on that one because I can’t see him signing a new deal at Charlton when he wants out.