BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Sounds like Bamford was one we were interested in. I reckon we have a decent enough budget, but Mowbray wants to see if we can get better than Armstrong for 3 million ish. At the end of the Armstrong hasn't done it in the championship, Chapman likewise so Mowbrays comments are fair. Either that or he is downplaying our interest to get a better deal. Going to be an interesting few days 

9 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Not my argument but I stand by saying that Will Hughes won Football League’s Young Player of the Year in 2014. 

96AE9A31-F849-4B57-8FB2-1795D081C3B0.png

Cheers. As I said winning young player of the year awards is great, but it doesn't mean you were better than senior players. A raw 18 year old like Woodburn, while having potential, still has a lot to prove before being hailed as a major coup by Sheffield united. If we signed him, I would be happy enough, but some fans on here would then be pointing out his age and inexperience. These things are glossed over when a rival signs him though. It seems like this is the case for many players 

Why we moaning about lack of signings? Hell, even Man United are struggling to bring in players this transfer window. Its been a very strange time in the transfer market across the globe

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bob fleming said:

???

Brilliant Len! They’ll make a film about it... adopt American voice over...

”A BRFCS Production, based loosely on the mainly non events of the traumatic / brilliantly planned summer transfer window 2018/19 of Blackburn Rovers Soccer Club...

A Messageboard divided... Families in turmoil...

......THE COLD WAR.....

Optimists and Pessimists collide with some of the worst examples of people taking themselves far too seriously since the last horrific / not too bad transfer window.

Only this time, it’s occasionally perceived as slightly personal...

Certificate 18. Straight to video.”

Agreed. Not a John Le Carre.

It's a B movie all right.

No subtlety. All too obvious from the start, who is on which side..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Why we moaning about lack of signings? Hell, even Man United are struggling to bring in players this transfer window. Its been a very strange time in the transfer market across the globe

More importantly, nobody wants to sign for Burnley either!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'd be very very surprised if Paddy Roberts was the player we were allegedly looking at, he left Celtic to take a crack at the prem. It would seem very odd to give up Champions League football, 50k a week and numerous trophies to play in the Championship.

those are the sort of players you respect, the ones who want to play more football, irrespective of what division it is

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

those are the sort of players you respect, the ones who want to play more football, irrespective of what division it is

I do feel it's a strange position Roberts finds himself in as few players of his ability will get the chance to play in the Champions League regularly, I'm not convinced that he has what it takes to make it in the prem, if he does it will be at a lower end of the table. He struggled to start regularly at Celtic last season and was kept out by wee James Forrest for the vast majority of the season. Good luck to him for challenging himself

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I do feel it's a strange position Roberts finds himself in as few players of his ability will get the chance to play in the Champions League regularly, I'm not convinced that he has what it takes to make it in the prem, if he does it will be at a lower end of the table. He struggled to start regularly at Celtic last season and was kept out by wee James Forrest for the vast majority of the season. Good luck to him for challenging himself

he will easily do a job in the Championship. Like i said above, its been a strange, very strange transfer market 

I've seen loads of Roberts and to be honest I think he's fairly average, he also fancies himself as being at a top club so would be very very surprised if he opted to 'drop' into the championship. He's not quick, doesn't really tackle or work back brilliantly, he struggled to play regularly at Celtic last year and was invariably left out for the bigger cup games, Old Firm and matches against Aberdeen, Hibs and the other stronger sides.

17 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'd be very very surprised if Paddy Roberts was the player we were allegedly looking at, he left Celtic to take a crack at the prem. It would seem very odd to give up Champions League football, 50k a week and numerous trophies to play in the Championship.

And he has been linked with moves to both Leicester and Southampton for 15 million.

I can't see it being Roberts

Anyone paying 15 million for Paddy Roberts wants their head investigating!

In today's market...young,English,contracted to a big club,played in the Champions league.Not saying I agree with it but it's the market 

• Like 2

Well it will need sorting out by next week if he is going anywhere permanent otherwise it's another loan and his contract expires at the end of the season I believe.

Well both Leicester and Southampton seem to have gone elsewhere so can't see them being in for him.

I highly doubt it was him we were in for anyway.

The problem we have is football has changed since we were last in the championship never mind the prem thanks to venkys and purpose relegations we've fallen so far behind we are now shopping at the equivalent of discount stores like b and m bargains version's in the transfer market and its so hard to compete unless somehow we come up with a few lucky deals and win the lottery ticket of promotion 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tormund said:

The City player was probably Celina, gone to Swansea.

Another Nixon got wrong then as he said Nmecha was going Swansea from City

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would be very happy Gallagher coming back here. Even permanent aswell. 

I'd be hoping for better but if that's what we end up with it's not the end of the world. He'll be better than Nuttall and hopefully better than Samuel.  This Palmer lad looks to be better than Payne was. That's how you build a successful team. You need two or three coming in every year who are better than the guys they are replacing. Do that and the end result is happiness. Do it the other way around and the end result is misery , as we've found out.

The minute you stand still like we did after winning the big one you're actually going backwards.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

Gallagher wouldn't be my first choice, but didn't he score something like 11 goals when he came here on loan, bearing in mind this was under Owen Coyle i'd say that isn't a bad return for a young lad. But again would hope he would be from the C or D list, and hopefully Mowbray is aiming higher.