BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, AAK said:

Another Nixon got wrong then as he said Nmecha was going Swansea from City

Are you sure Nixon got that wrong? That's really not like him......

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Can't understand why people are so down on Gallagher... To get double figures in an struggling side under Coyle whilst out of position is some good going. 

He played out wide a lot didn't he? Which was very weird considering he has none of the attributes whatsoever to play there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not a big Gallagher fan but he's better than what we've got as back up for Graham. Palmer I like the look of as a player but we have several players who could play in that position and we're very light in other positions. Good cover for Dack I suppose.

The City lad I know nothing about, same applies to a mystery centre half.

I can't see anyone taking Caddis off our hands, free or not. I'd loan the other two out. I'd also loan Whittingham if we could but again I can't see anyone talking him off our hands. Almost as bad a signing as Dack was a good one.

I pray we give him to one of our rivals.

2 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

Gallagher wouldn't be my first choice, but didn't he score something like 11 goals when he came here on loan, bearing in mind this was under Owen Coyle i'd say that isn't a bad return for a young lad. But again would hope he would be from the C or D list, and hopefully Mowbray is aiming higher.

Problem is that very few get 15+ in Championship and players who have done are usually at bigger clubs or PL. So your options either going for another Graham (aging striker who done it before but not delivered recently), a young potential (Gallagher, Nchema etc) or lower leaguer (can they make the step up?=

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

A lot of people are pressing the argument of "un-proven at this level" for some potential signings. I look at it as"never failed at this level".

Yes. We’d much rather have a league one gem that can improve and grow into the league than a proven Championship dud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLANDY1980 said:

Regarding strikers I dont think it's Bamford who Mowbray is alluding to as the 7m striker I thinks it's the deal for Martyn Waghorn 

I agree. Waghorn would fit. Wide forward/inside forward, score goals at Championship level..left footed

27 minutes ago, Neal said:

Can't understand why people are so down on Gallagher... To get double figures in an struggling side under Coyle whilst out of position is some good going. 

Agree

24 minutes ago, briansol said:

Problem is that very few get 15+ in Championship and players who have done are usually at bigger clubs or PL. So your options either going for another Graham (aging striker who done it before but not delivered recently), a young potential (Gallagher, Nchema etc) or lower leaguer (can they make the step up?=

Spot on!

20 minutes ago, renrag said:

Agreed! There weren’t many, if any, who saw the signing of Bradley Dack last season as a master stroke.

But plenty who thought Whittingham was.  

It goes to show, judge after they've kicked a ball for the club.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

Sam Gallagher did very well under a time of mismanagement here.. think all here would have him on a permanent deal.

If your happy with a maximum ten goals a season man from local agent and Evertonian Mr. Simon Conning again then fine, not for me. Rovers need better, far better or its a season of nothingness ahead.

1 minute ago, JAL said:

If your happy with a maximum ten goals a season man from local agent and Evertonian Mr. Simon Conning again then fine, not for me. Rovers need better, far better or its a season of nothingness ahead.

New season, same old sheeeyite.........

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, I’ve been a Rovers fan all my life too. Iv gone through all the emotions you have. I’ve spent probably more than most during that time. But that doesn’t mean I choose to be cynical about everything. 

Just imagine for one moment if you stopped looking at the worst scenario and actually became excited at what TM is saying....wouldn’t you feel better in general? That’s me. I’m not naive, I run a relatively successful company and employ a lot of people. I know I can still be disappointed at the end of this transfer window.

But I choose to be positive. All I was doing was pointing out to Chaddy that he can’t change peoples outlooks.

Its genuinely nothing personal. We all care about the club.

The bit you are possibly missing is the scars that many of us carry through this period of Venkys misrule.

To hear people posting “chin up everyone and look to the positives” is just a bit patronising and more than a little Keanesque.

Some of us are waiting to see what actually happens rather than trusting only the talk. As it stands, we’ve added reinforcements to a good L1 squad. If we bring in a couple of million pound plus (not big money by today’s standards) players - which is what Mowbray himself has implies (“seven figure deals”) then it would suggest improvements on existing players (not ex-loanee replacements). I’d be very happy with that.

Where you might say I’m a ‘doommonger’ is that I don’t believe it will happen. The reason it gets frustrating is that if (when) it doesn’t happen there will be a number of posters telling us that it is either a good thing or that anyone thinking we were ever going to (“easy to say in hindsight”).

And we’ve had years of this stuff!

Here’s hoping for (but not expecting) a great end to the window and my lack of faith being proven wrong!!

(Btw, it’s the same here, it’s not personal either)

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

Call it blind optimism but I feel we are working fully on the £1m+ target(s) currently. Once they arrive or fall through it will start the domino effect on the rest of our options. 

No way we can sign a backup GK first to swallow even more of the budget before we get our 'A' player over the line... saying that though, money can't be that desperate otherwise presumably the likes of Tomlinson, Nuttall and Gladwin would have got their loans and we could have paid Caddis off by now.

I do actually think we will sign 3 and loan 1/2 more before the respective windows close and get at least 3 off our books on loan too. Maybe even a 'shock' outgoing - like Luitwiler.

Hoping Travis isn't one of them to leave.

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Call it blind optimism but I feel we are working fully on the £1m+ target(s) currently. Once they arrive or fall through it will start the domino effect on the rest of our options. 

No way we can sign a backup GK first to swallow even more of the budget before we get our 'A' player over the line... saying that though, money can't be that desperate otherwise presumably the likes of Tomlinson, Nuttall and Gladwin would have got their loans and we could have paid Caddis off by now.

I do actually think we will sign 3 and loan 1/2 more before the respective windows close and get at least 3 off our books on loan too. Maybe even a 'shock' outgoing - like Luitwiler.

Hoping Travis isn't one of them to leave.

Can you loan half a player

• Like 4