BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

Would anyone be happy with Clough? How much would we have to pay?

He would be ok on loan with a view to sign in our favor, lad seems to have lost his way a bit. One of them moves that could be great or a disaster 

2 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Would anyone be happy with Clough? How much would we have to pay?

Not sure how much we'd have to pay and don't see where he'd fit in to our side. My understanding is that he's always played in a front two just off the striker or behind a lone striker centrally in an attacking midfield role. If we signed him we couldn't play him as the lone striker and he's not going to replace Dack as our attacking midfielder so I can't see us spending money on him too be honest. Unless we are going to play 3-5-2 and he's going to partner Graham. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pitty said:

He would be ok on loan with a view to sign in our favor, lad seems to have lost his way a bit. One of them moves that could be great or a disaster 

Don’t think it would be a loan. Forest want to sell.

Just now, Pitty said:

That's probably the best bet. Get to take a look at him, then decide on a purchase at the end of the loan, like we did with Payne. Forest seem to have written him off, so I imagine he'd be going for cheaper than they bought him for. 

Just now, Burrells Boy said:

I thought Clough was a class act at Bolton, hope we sign him, should be reasonable, although fee when signing for Forest in 2017 was reported to be £3 million.

His move to Forest has been a disaster, got sent back to Bolton last season and could not get back in their team, Bolton fans don't want him back after last loan. I reckon you would be able to pick him up on a loan and to make permanent for 500K,  similar to the winger Chaddy raves about going for 500K. Forest want shut.  

• Like 1

Clough is a luxury player IMO and with Dack and Palmer we have enough attacking players to join up with Graham. We need another out and out striker, ideally someone who can run in behind to give us different options. Clough isn't someone who you see stretching a back line, that's what we are desperately lacking at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Clough is a luxury player IMO and with Dack and Palmer we have enough attacking players to join up with Graham. We need another out and out striker, ideally someone who can run in behind to give us different options. Clough isn't someone who you see stretching a back line, that's what we are desperately lacking at the moment. 

I highly doubt Clough would be the only attacking addition. Still think we’ll bring in an out and out striker.

1 minute ago, Pitty said:

His move to Forest has been a disaster, got sent back to Bolton last season and could not get back in their team, Bolton fans don't want him back after last loan. I reckon you would be able to pick him up on a loan and to make permanent for 500K,  similar to the winger Chaddy raves about going for 500K. Forest want shut.  

Could be worth a loan move to see how he fits in, Manchester lad as well I think.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did you miss the fact that the entire interview was about providing "competition for places" in the squad?

I'm as skeptical as they come Rev but I thought that article indicated he wanted to bring in better quality than we have.  Saying that that some will disappointed about not getting in the 18 despite training hard.  But that is the position he would like to be and the current players have to accept that.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
Can't spell
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

That's probably the best bet. Get to take a look at him, then decide on a purchase at the end of the loan, like we did with Payne. Forest seem to have written him off, so I imagine he'd be going for cheaper than they bought him for. 

He's be buying or loaning for buying's sake. He's not the sort of player we need.

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't agree with the bold statement. Last season the players we had were mostly unproven, the fact the they turned out OK was to our advantage. This season most of those same players have proven their worth and have a good team spirit and work ethic. I therefore think we have a very similar but much stronger squad. 

The reason I say weaker is that this is a tougher league, we have lost Armstrong, Chapman, Antonsson and Payne...they contributed greatly towards our goals column. 

Look now and we have a 33 year old Graham, with Conway and Bennett on wings and Dack behind...Nuttall and Samuel are our options (Palmer is a good signing but hasn't played yet).

Three forward players needed with PACE. Teams have shown in the past that with pace in the side you can unlock defences in this league, we have zero in the attacking areas!

I have faith the players will be bought but right now, we are in for a long hard season, especially if Dack/ Graham are injured.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

You’ve got to think that Dack, Palmer, Clough and Graham would cause some problems!

Yeah they'd be tackling each other to try and get the ball !  Team shape is all about balancing skills and abilities. No good having too many chiefs and not enough Indians. There's one chief too many in that tribe.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nugent is 34 years old.

We should be investing in younger players(20 to 26 years old) 

Nugent was born in May 1985 making him 33 years of age.

Mowbray wants players with Championship experience you aren't going to be getting any 20 year olds with experience but you will get players 28+ year olds with plenty of experience. Its all very well wanting to sign young players but you still need experience as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

You’ve got to think that Dack, Palmer, Clough and Graham would cause some problems!

Exactly. Plenty of creative and movement. Still need a pacey winger, target man striker, centre back and keeper to allow Fisher to go out on loan for the season

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Nugent was born in May 1985 making him 33 years of age.

Mowbray wants players with Championship experience you aren't going to be getting any 20 year olds with experience but you will get players 28+ year olds with plenty of experience. Its all very well wanting to sign young players but you still need experience as well.

Fair enough on age. 

Still plenty of players with experience within the age bracket I said. Plenty of experience in this squad.