BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Something doesn't sit right here, only yesterday or day before he was only an "option" but we had "other targets". 

If its true the only thing I can conclude is if Rovers have said.. Here's what we're willing to pay, let us know but we have other targets so don't leave it too late... They've dangled on transfer market without anyone biting, panicked and taken the money. 

Always the case. If the selling team want rid then the price drops as you get closer to the deadline....

Just now, Doaksie said:

Although it was at home, the goal he scored at Ewood against Wigan springs to mind in that line-up. Another option. 

Genuine pace which we lacks. I really hope it's permanent and I think it is.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Graham up top, with Arma, Dack and Palmer behind. Lots of variety in that supporting trio, and if allowed to switch and change, the potential to really hurt teams. 

Some actual competition for Graham would be nice. 

I like Graham but I don’t think we want to be ending the window with him as our main striker.

Arma would be a superb start but still need a front man 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

52s

BLACKBURN. Long pursuit of Adam Armstrong about to come to a happy ending.

I'll be happy if after this we sign a more conventional central striker, IE somebody who can hold up the ball and bring other players into play. If Armstrong is the sum total of our recruitment striker wise I''m not so impressed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'll be happy if after this we sign a more onventional central striker, IE somebody who can hold up the ball and bring other plays into play. If Armstrong is the sum total of our recruitment striker wise I''m not so impressed.

I’m sure Revidge will be on soon to tell us it’s head in the gas oven time! 

6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

tut .......

Mods will be all over this pal don’t worry. They don’t like people being deliberately inflammatory. We’ll see their interjection soon I’m sure...

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m sure Revidge will be on soon to tell us it’s head in the gas oven time! 

I think the lad is a good player and he's an excellent finisher but like every player he has his flaws. He's one of the best young strikers out there but he not the sort who " leads the line ". He plays best off the shoulder of a player like Graham who can play him in. I don't think he's a winger , certainly at the higher level we find our selves at now.

Are we going to play two up front ? Putting him out wide on one wing and Palmer on another looks ok on paper but may not work out so well on grass.

• Like 1

Great news about Armstrong coming back. I am surprise but pleased. I didn't think he would be coming back. I can see a fee around 1.5 million with add ons and sell on clause attach to the deal

Mowbray has played the game and get who he wanted

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

Something doesn't sit right here, only yesterday or day before he was only an "option" but we had "other targets". 

If its true the only thing I can conclude is if Rovers have said.. Here's what we're willing to pay, let us know but we have other targets so don't leave it too late... They've dangled on transfer market without anyone biting, panicked and taken the money. 

or Did Mowbray play the media game and Don't forget that Benitez has signed a striker for 9.5 million pounds today and being linked with Rondan and a striker from Belgium for 5 million pounds

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Looks like the L1 band is getting back together.

You unhappy about Armstrong coming back?

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Is it perm or loan? That egg Jamie Mconnell spouting off that it’s a loan on Twitter! ?

Apologies in advance if you are Mr Mconnell ????

1.25m permanent signing! In this market he could be worth 15m if he scores 10 next season

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Preston fans or someone connected to the club?

Trust me they aren't! He has signed and will be revealed tomorrow. Wants to play on Saturday but phyiso don't want him to and more than likely won't play

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think the lad is a good player and he's an excellent finisher but like every player he has his flaws. He's one of the best young strikers out there but he not the sort who " leads the line ". He plays best off the shoulder of a player like Graham who can play him in. I don't think he's a winger , certainly at the higher level we find our selves at now.

Are we going to play two up front ? Putting him out wide on one wing and Palmer on another looks ok on paper but may not work out so well on grass.

All will be revealed ..but if true its a major step forward.

Just now, ewoodnews said:

Trust me they aren't! He has signed and will be revealed tomorrow. Wants to play on Saturday but phyiso don't want him to and more than likely won't play

Good news.Had your Source anymore info?We looking at a target man type striker?

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Good news.Had your Source anymore info?We looking at a target man type striker?

No other info atm. Wouldn't say things until they are 100% done. So don't want to compromise him.

Edited by ewoodnews
  • Like 1

I think this was well down the line as far back as last week. I'm still of the belief that the Bennett PR exercise early this week and the 'Agent Benno' thing was being done knowing Armstrong was on his way. Mowbray was probably teasing with his comments the other day.

If it comes off I'm pleased provided it is just one of 3 attacking signings. With him and Palmer we've probably now made up for the trio of departures from last season but of course we need to be stronger than last season so more options are needed.

• Like 2