BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

The chance of a deal tomorrow must be very low. No money left.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He never said or insinuated that he felt that Mowbray was a liar. In fact he made specific reference to who he would blame if we dont get what we need in the market, ie the owners.

Even if Mowbray feels he has the money, the owners have the final say, until the ink is dry on the new signings contract any promises from them mean nothing, considering what theyve done in the past.

We will be able to judge the window in 24 hours, both in terms of what is spent and what has been done with the money. But please stop spreading things like people think Mowbray is a liar, no one said that.

This is getting boring. Mowbray is even anwered today "Yes, definetly" when asked if their was money left. We have already spent 2.5 million, in addition there was 1.2 mill bid for Trapp after Armstrong signed. So the only way for not calling him a liar is implying that he might believe it, but you don't. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16404344.money-available-to-strengthen-further-admits-rovers-boss/?ref=mac

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

This is getting boring. Mowbray is even anwered today "Yes, definetly" when asked if their was money left. We have already spent 2.5 million, in addition there was 1.2 mill bid for Trapp after Armstrong signed. So the only way for not calling him a liar is implying that he might believe it, but you don't. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16404344.money-available-to-strengthen-further-admits-rovers-boss/?ref=mac

The mods and a selection of posters regularly wade in when "negativity" is brought up, but there is never anything about fans who repeatedly say we have no money, no money will be spent etc. It gets really old hearing it over and over again all summer 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if Mowbray feels he has the money, the owners have the final say, until the ink is dry on the new signings contract any promises from them mean nothing, considering what theyve done in the past.

We will be able to judge the window in 24 hours, both in terms of what is spent and what has been done with the money. But please stop spreading things like people think Mowbray is a liar, no one said that.

I’m quite sure that Mowbray and Waggott said they had a remit and budget, so the bold paragraph essentially would suggest they lied.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

By definition he is calling Mowbray a liar.And to be fair i'l post what I like if it's not breaking rules or being rude to someone.

We all know Venkys are shit owners but we have been told on numerous occasions by the manager that he is happy with his budget.

Being given a budget suggests to me Waggot and Mowbray don't have to have every signing signed off by India.

If we end up being light and not signing enough quality then for me it will be down to the manager and recruitment team misjudging the market or not making moves early enough.

Saying all that I'm trusting what Mowbray says and expect to see at least 2 perm tomorro

Unbelievable you'd blame mowbray and waggott if we end up light..

We all know who the evidence points to.

1 minute ago, Biz said:

I’m quite sure that Mowbray and Waggott said they had a remit and budget, so the bold paragraph essentially would suggest they lied.

You really believe they'd tell us there's no funding, with season tickets to be sold?

6 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I've heard it suggested TM had to plead for the funds for Armstrong, as a special case. There may be funds remaining, but IMO it'll only be wage funds for loans.

As I say, had again.

Venkys out.

Where have you heard that?

Look we haven't spent millions and I will be as disappointed as you if we don't sign anyone permanently tomorrow but I don't believe that he doesn't have any money left to spend.

Would have liked to have seen more  signings especially in attack but so far we have brought in 3 perm,1 loan.Spent more on a single player in Armstrong than we have in quite a while.We have also given a number of our players improved contracts which won't have come cheap.

The manager keeps saying we have money left to spend.Why would he lie?He could simply say we will need to use the loan market instead of talking about permanent deals.

Think we can expect two signings tomorrow a forward and Chapman maybe even a cb aswel, no reason not to believe the comments, I’m actually looking forward to ssn news tomorrow.

yes venkys were poorly adivsed and have been terrible for the club but they have lost a huge amount aswel but one thing they do have is lots of money.

5 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I've heard it suggested TM had to plead for the funds for Armstrong, as a special case. There may be funds remaining, but IMO it'll only be wage funds for loans.

As I say, had again.

Venkys out.

So how do you explain the million pound bid for Trapp? More begging? We know there has been several bids for Bauer as well. These are the only ones we know about because their clubs made it public, most likely been more bids.

Venky's has been awful owners, so it's comfortable to stay in that world view. The evidence however suggest that they've done right by Mowbray since he joined. No key players have been sold, in fact they have extended their contracts. Money has actually been spent the last two seasons on players. I get it's hard to believe when you have been burned though...

Whilst there are ways of dragging this out until 31st August and doing loans to become permanents in January, perhaps it is worth bearing in mind that the season is underway (this afterall is the most important thing here). So rather than allow another 5 or 6 games to go by before the end of August with a small squad devoid of options, I'd rather we got those people in asap ahead of some very important fixtures.

The 31st August is the worst case date, we should only be looking to that to put some icing on the cake when some more loans come available, The big permanent signings need to be made asap and if they can't be made by the end of tomorrow then we've been barking up the wrong tree.

• Like 3

My point was that Venkys have history for turning off the tap at the flick of a switch. Even if Mowbray has been working under a budget that hes been promised, until its spent it can still be taken back. The word liar is a strong one I felt.

I didnt expect Armstrong to be bought, and im hoping for more pleasant surprises tomorrow and I never said that I think anything specific will happen, I will judge at 5 tomorrow. Was just saying I understand people being skeptical of the owners and think that being skeptical of them and thinking Mowbray is a liar are exclusive to each other. I dont think ive known anyone to question his integrity so its not fair to assume that.

Just now, Bepeja43 said:

You really believe they'd tell us there's no funding, with season tickets to be sold?

More or less everything TM has said has come to fruition, he said he *wants players and can afford them, I believe him. Already spent 2m plus in this window and some cracking contract renewals.

His words certainly carry far more weight than the next in a long line of fleeting internet aliases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

In terms of names, if we are intent on improving central midfield, which shouldnt be a priority, but anyway, rather than trying to sign MLS players, Oliver Norwood is a very good midfielder at this level and is available from Brighton. 

Sheyi Ojo, Nikola Vlasic, Josh Sims and Brahim Diaz are all players that maybe we could sign on loan as natural wingers?

Chris Martin would be a very shrewd addition, him or Nelson Oliviera.

Maybe Nedum Onouha on a cheap deal would be a clever move to save money for more pressing positions, if he is fit enough.

Bakary Sako is still without a club, again no idea on wage demands.

Ojo 10m

Norwood 8m

Chris martin not great

Nelson Oliveira 35k a week

Just now, roversfan99 said:

My point was that Venkys have history for turning off the tap at the flick of a switch. Even if Mowbray has been working under a budget that hes been promised, until its spent it can still be taken back. The word liar is a strong one I felt.

I didnt expect Armstrong to be bought, and im hoping for more pleasant surprises tomorrow and I never said that I think anything specific will happen, I will judge at 5 tomorrow. Was just saying I understand people being skeptical of the owners and think that being skeptical of them and thinking Mowbray is a liar are exclusive to each other. I dont think ive known anyone to question his integrity so its not fair to assume that.

I take your point but it gets tiring reading statements like "we have no money left" "Venkys out" etc.

I guess they could take back the budget but with all the new contracts,Armstrong signing, bids for Bauer and Mowbray's comments about still having money to spend then I don't see how any one can think that we have no money left?

My grievance with what's going on now is we are leaving things so late, I would have expected key positions to be filled by now, tomorrow at the latest but maybe it's the market that's dictating why a C.f. and Winger haven't been brought in(although I don't know if Mowbray see a pacey wide man as a priority, he would be for me)

And by the way this is me not defending Venkys or thinking they are good owners id love for them to leave but Mowbray has been backed since he got here, nobody can really dispute that 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, briansol said:

Mate, we can sign players untill 31 August. Doesn't have to be within deadline tomorrow. Clubs will just call it a loan with permanent transfer agreed at later date. Similar to the DJ Campbell deal. 

That went well didn't it......

• Like 1

I don't get why people are saying we don't have any money to spend when Mowbrays literally come out and said the opposite whilst at the same time bidding £970,000 for a player from the MLS- I'd imagine they'd start low then negotiate from there, I bet he's thinking he can snaffle him for 1.5 million with add-ons.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Pure gut feeling. Might be wrong but don't trust Venkys at all. 

The funny business with the Jan transfer budget has made my wary of both Waggott and Mowbry

Edited by CambridgeRover

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

My grievance with what's going on now is we are leaving things so late, I would have expected key positions to be filled by now, tomorrow at the latest but maybe it's the market that's dictating why a C.f. and Winger haven't been brought in(although I don't know if Mowbray see a pacey wide man as a priority, he would be for me)

With our budget we're not in a position to getting our business sorted early in the window it seems. As Rich Sharpe said he is willing to play the long game and not overspend, which shows he wants to make his money go as far it possibly can to get enough quality but it's not like he hasn't tried to bring players (Bauer for e.g.). I think Mowbray has even discussed how other sides may be desperate to offload players off their wage bill and players valuations may drop in these circumstances. I expect us to be making some cheeky offers for players tomorrow. Many we'll probably never hear about. 

• Like 1