BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Be honest. A bit of you will be gutted if we finish up spending £7-8m on fees this window won’t it? Kinda kills a few of the narratives on here...??‍♂️

Yes, absolutely gutted. Obviously.

£4.5 - £5.5m to go!

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Be honest. A bit of you will be gutted if we finish up spending £7-8m on fees this window won’t it? Kinda kills a few of the narratives on here...??‍♂️

Don’t be a silly billy 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

WhiIst I think we desperately need a striker. I'd be over the moon if Chapman came in permanently. For me we have to strike and get him on the cheap whilst there are still one or two question marks about him. A good season or two and he'd be completely out of our range.

Sadly when hamstrings start popping on lads so young it's usually a bad sign, the fee might be doable but would the insurance ?

The Freeman article made me laugh:

Apparently QPR have a reputation of buying cheap and selling for big profit, they signed Les Ferdinand for £30k and sold him for £6m don't you know....

Yeah, 20+ years ago ?

See Niko Kalinic is now Atletico Madrids new £13m signing and gets to partner Diego Costa and have service from Griezmann, Lemar, Koke, Saul etc. Who saw that coming, honestly.

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Be nice. As a "half full glass" supporter I'm sure everybody would be well pleased. We will discuss that the money was wasted on wrong players, but I'm sure everybody would be happy that we spent :)

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

To be fair, if Venky’s are anything, it’s unpredictable. They’re either flashing the cash or being tighter than a duck’s ass. 

Well that's come out of no where! Freeman would be a very good signing. He's QPRs key player from last season, 17 goal contributions from last season says it all. That's more than Grealish I think. 4 million would be good business. 

A trio of palmer, dack and Freeman behind Graham would be naughty. All players who can take players on and can make somthing happen. 

However I hope this money being spent is not being spent over money on a striker as it essential we bring one in imo. 

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

4 mill on one player ???

Nah red herring this but if we did have that cash a striker and a good centre defender is exactly where i'd be investing it asap.

Wouldn't argue that we need a new defender but I wouldn't be spending big on one.He will be on the bench when everyone is fit.

Definitely need a striker 

5 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The Freeman article made me laugh:

Apparently QPR have a reputation of buying cheap and selling for big profit, they signed Les Ferdinand for £30k and sold him for £6m don't you know....

Yeah, 20+ years ago ?

See Niko Kalinic is now Atletico Madrids new £13m signing and gets to partner Diego Costa and have service from Griezmann, Lemar, Koke, Saul etc. Who saw that coming, honestly.

Always liked Kalinic myself. Had something about with movement and decent touch. Was just to weak for Premier League. Can see why he blossomed in a less physical league, but never expected him to reach the level he has.

• Like 4

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I hope Freeman is as good as the last midfielder we got from QPR! ?

You need to temper your expectations my friend, not many in this league are as good as our Benji

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Those exact players and team, of course not. But I'm not remotely surprised he reached that level, no. Rated him when he was here, disappointed we sold him, and fully expected him to go on to better things. Just didn't get the luck or runs in the team at the right times with us, and wasn't a Big Sam type of striker. I'm not being revisionist either, I'm confident you could find posts from me at the time saying similar. I wasn't alone either.

• Like 1

“QPR were last week fined £17m for breaching FFP spending limits during the 2011-12 season and the club’s owners must also find £21.97m to convert outstanding loans owed to shareholders into equity.”

Taken from the London Evening Standard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-to-cash-in-on-luke-freeman-if-3m-transfer-valuation-is-met-a3900521.html

QPR need the money! Apologies is this has already been posted- it’s moving that quick on here though!

Edited by scotchrover

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wouldn't argue that we need a new defender but I wouldn't be spending big on one.He will be on the bench when everyone is fit.

Definitely need a striker 

As much as I like the pair of them i'm not sure how the Darragh/Charlie partnership will stand up this season so a quality big centre half to step in if/when needed and make the shirt his for the next few years wouldn't do any harm imo. Take your point though he could end up on the bench and the money is tied up pointlessly then so maybe a loan to cover that.

Good striker with height deffo needed.

• Like 1

Not sure they do. The 17 million fine is spread over years in small installments so it won't trouble them. The rest is converting debt into equity like they've done before. Won't cost them cash to do that part.

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, if Venky’s are anything, it’s unpredictable. They’re either flashing the cash or being tighter than a duck’s ass. 

Disclaimer- I’m NOT A FAN OF THE VENKYS.

As Iv said before from several inside people...Venkys never refuse to pay the bill. They’ve had advisors around them at various stages with ‘strategies’ that meant lots of their money (millions) were spent on non frontline costs. I mean our agents fees have been astronomical over the years.

The accounts show that Venkys have no issues spending money. If they’d spent 90% of it on transfers and infrastructure we’d be in a very different place right now...£110m+ out of their own pockets? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From a personal point of view, and I might be being completely old fashioned and out of touch here, but I want to see our "own" players turning out for us, I Don't really want to see a revolving door policy of half the side being made up of a different set of toan players from other Clubs notionally wearing the blue and white halves every twelve months.

Then from an objective point of view I think there are a number of drawbacks of over-reliance on loan players:

1)When things aren't going well, will they be as committed as permanent signings?

2) As a rule of thumb Clubs Don't let their best players out on Loan. You're generally looking at players Clubs Don't want or young lads from Prem. Clubs with no first team experience who may not even make it at senior level.

3) When you sign players on loan, are you signing the players you really want in the positions you actually want or merely padding out the squad because said player is available and  It's a cheaper alternative to paying fees etc

4) Loans Don't add value to the squad

etc etc

1) in recent experience yes most definitely 

2) on the whole yes we'd be looking at youngsters but an average prem player who's out of favour can easily slot in as the best player in a championship team as well

3) well that's at the managers discretion really 

4) true and that's the only real downside, but with our finances how they are it's not always plausible to throw money about on permanent signings

Some of our better players recently have been loan players, same for other clubs too it's a recurring theme

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Disclaimer- I’m NOT A FAN OF THE VENKYS.

As Iv said before from several inside people...Venkys never refuse to pay the bill. They’ve had advisors around them at various stages with ‘strategies’ that meant lots of their money (millions) were spent on non frontline costs. I mean our agents fees have been astronomical over the years.

The accounts show that Venkys have no issues spending money. If they’d spent 90% of it on transfers and infrastructure we’d be in a very different place right now...£110m+ out of their own pockets? 

All of their own doing. They came in and without any experience, felt they knew better than the likes of Sam allardyce and john Williams.

Edited by Bepeja43