BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Hi Mack said:

A striker obviously has to be the number one target. If Graham got injured on Saturday you wouldn't want to rely on Samuel to get all your goals. 

I think it will be a loan, i don't believe Charlton will risk losing Bauer for free next summer so there may be a late deal to be done there. I'm not to bothered about things being quiet as every deal so far has been done fairly low-key.

It has but it's deadline day and 7 hours till cut off.If we weŕe close you would expect news to be filtering through now of players on their way for medicals etc

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If we do have £4m+ to spend then it probably means we were never in for Maddison who has a release clause of £2.5m. I've done the math (s). That's a deadline day exclusive.

Looking at the 'bids'  so far - if genuine -we would seem to have more than £4 million.  

£4 mil for the QPR lad

£1 Mil for Trapp 

Add a striker (even Loan costs), keeper and CB.

Given what we've spent - £10 mill may be the budget for fees.

*Sure I read some idle gossip somewhere a while back saying TM went to India asking for £20mil and was given £10 mil...* 

* Probably bollocks

...yet being Rovers, we may well sign nobody so the 'money' may never be seen.

• Like 1

I reckon we will sign Maddison, a striker from left field and a centre half. I would imagine they would need to have medicals done by now or at least be at Brockhall at this point

Maddison is holding out for a bigger club than us coming in so I read. Not a fan of that attitude to be  honest. If we sign him he will need to deliver, literally 

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Deadline day competition : How much will we spend today? 

A romantic dinner for two with Dacky at a Little Chef for the winner.

I'll go with £1.6m

7.65 million 

Are you sure it's not a dinner for 3?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know to be honest. Bulking up would slow him down. You don't have to be big to be aggressive. It's in your nature. Kevin Davies is the only one I can think of who " developed " into an aggressive striker. I wouldn't have him as a replacement for Graham unless I'd no other options.

Blimey - he must be well into his 40's now.................

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Luke Freeman update, and #Rovers transfer latest, as things stand https://t.co/FaOg2WelFy https://t.co/z0ivNVMCiw

They are suggesting we might not get anyone in today and it could be loans with a view to a perm.Very disappointing if that's the case.

Why have we left it so late to bid for Freeman.If we have 4 million to spend on one player then a deal for someone for that sort of money should have been done by now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Luke Freeman update, and #Rovers transfer latest, as things stand https://t.co/FaOg2WelFy https://t.co/z0ivNVMCiw

"As things stand, Rovers haven’t agreed a fee with any prospective signing in a bid to add to their squad ahead of the 5pm deadline."

Quelle surprise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

They are suggesting we might not get anyone in today and it could be loans with a view to a perm.Very disappointing if that's the case.

Why have we left it so late to bid for Freeman.If we have 4 million to spend on one player then a deal for someone for that sort of money should have been done by now.

Ya, valid point, but I suppose we don't really know what bids have gone in up to now. If we don't sign anyone decent it will be very disappointing after the buzz over the last 48 hours 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon we will sign Maddison, a striker from left field and a centre half. I would imagine they would need to have medicals done by now or at least be at Brockhall at this point

Maddison is holding out for a bigger club than us coming in so I read. Not a fan of that attitude to be  honest. If we sign him he will need to deliver, literally 

We just won't. We may get one permanent in if we pull our fingers out however I suspect we may end up with zero permanent and a load of loans. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, valid point, but I suppose we don't really know what bids have gone in up to now. If we don't sign anyone decent it will be very disappointing after the buzz over the last 48 hours 

Rovers Twitter haven't even mentioned it being deadline day.Other clubs can get deals done, why can't we?

Il wait till 5pm but like I said if we don't sign anyone and if we have 4 million to spend on 1 player like the media are suggesting then I can't help but feel Mowbray and the recruitment team will have made a mess of things 

Edited by islander200

Just now, islander200 said:

Rovers Twitter haven't even mentioned it being deadline.Other clubs can get deals done, why can't we?

Il wait till 5pm but like I said if we don't sign anyone and if we have 4 million to spend on 1 player like the media are suggesting then I can't help but feel Mowbray and the recruitment team will have made a mess of things 

Made a mess is a strong phrase, it isn't easy to get deals done. However you would think we could have signed a few who have moved this summer and were now clearly in our price range. Still time, but I'm getting a bit concerned. Still I think the club have one or two under wraps 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Made a mess is a strong phrase, it isn't easy to get deals done. However you would think we could have signed a few who have moved this summer and were now clearly in our price range. Still time, but I'm getting a bit concerned. Still I think the club have one or two under wraps 

Over a month ago the QPR owner went public with his stance that Freeman wasn't for sale.

I know it's not easy but if you have 4 million to spend on one single player I don't believe we couldn't have got a player in that would improve the first 11 by now

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Deadline day competition : How much will we spend today? 

A romantic dinner for two with Dacky at a Little Chef for the winner.

I'll go with £1.6m

I'm going to say 0m followed by absolute meltdown on this message board ;) hopefully not though.

• Like 1

Further to my point yesterday we just don't seem to be the sort of club to do a load of business all at once. Last year on deadline day we brought in Harper, Hart and Downing, 2 of which were on loan and the other on a cheap contract. 2 of them didn't even make it for us in League One and it seems Downing is being sidelined away from first team contention.

Point being that we need at least 2 who are going to improve our squad and team, not people like Hart and Harper who were bench fillers. Those sort of people cost serious money and are not quick deals to get done.

Mowbray doesn't seem to be the sort of bloke who goes out and gets a few in at once. He seems to work on a one by one basis.

The safety net being put out by the club and the Telegraph is that the loan window remains open for a few weeks but if that is what we are relying on it doesn't strike me as in any way being a positive thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

I'm going to say 0m followed by absolute meltdown on this message board ;) hopefully not though.

Me too.Went to sleep positive about things last night , booked today off work and now it's looking likely we will be doing feck all today