BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Token bid?

I don't think so... They've gone in with their best offer as to not waste time so they can move one quickly if it's rejected. Still feel like Chapman could happen. 

• Backroom

The extended loan window makes everything a bit murky. and gives TM and his team an 'out' should we fail to get anything over the line today.

Problem is the season has already started, and we're currently going into games under-strength because the club doesn't see fit to get its business done early. Any new signings will now have no pre-season training with the Rovers squad and will essentially be expected to hit the ground running. That's the main and only reason I would prefer for business to be done early. Obviously you can expect the odd one or two signings to be done near the end, but you don't want the bulk of your signings all left until the final minute.

IMV we're still in need of a decent back up keeper, competition for Williams and Nyambe, a decent centre-midfielder, a wide man (ideally two but we'll be lucky to get in one) and back up for Graham. That's a lot of players to bed in with the season already underway. 

• Like 1

I can see what will be said at 5 O'clock now 'we tried a number of things but for one reason or another they didn't quite come off, but we still have the loan window to get players in'. Which will equate to a young unproven kid from a premier league under 23 team. A very disappointing window. 

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Rovers not going back in for Freeman apparently. Move on to the next one. Would like to know if there's anything happening with Gallagher. 

Something doesn't sit right with me on this one.

I can just about bring myself to believe that there is a healthy pot of money available to use on the right targets. But if that is the case I cannot understand why we have seemingly left it until yesterday to go in for him and why we are now apparently giving up on the chase.

Surely we would have known some time ago if he was available or not.

Hope this isn't just using a scattergun approach as the deadline nears having failed to land priority targets. Supposedly throwing around £4 million bids for Freeman on Wednesday night and £1 million bids for back up goalkeepers just seems completely bizarre and out of character.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RovingRover said:

Rovers preparing £1 million bid for Rangers stopper Wes Foderingham according to Lancashire Telegraph.

Who? Sounds like the great-grandson of that bloke on the Monopoly board with the top hat.

• Like 2

Just now, RovingRover said:

Rovers preparing £1 million bid for Rangers stopper Wes Foderingham according to Lancashire Telegraph.

Not quite. The story has come from Scotland but the LT have denied it saying no contact has been made. 

Edited by blueboy3333

7 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Please tell me this isn't true. 1 million on a back up keeper! Would be such a waste.

Have you not heard? We've got cash to burn now. 1 million on a back up keeper is spare change...Announce 10 million pound striker! :lol: 

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, all the talk about potential meltdowns and 'Positive vs Negative VII: This time it's still duller than dishwater'

If we don't have sufficient signings by the end of today, it's not acceptable.

We've known for ages when the deadline is. Fair enough if we're signing loans with a view to buy as well, but we need numbers in ASAP, I don't think anyone can realistically argue with that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Just becasue the stories surfaced yesterday, doesnt mean we only placed a bid yesterday. We could have been bidding for week and its been leaked by QPR yesterday to put pressure on rovers

Leaked by QPR to put pressure on Rovers, only for Fernandes to then say he's not being sold?

Edited by Hasta

I've just been overtaken by Danny Graham southbound on the A61. Harry Chapman was in the back sipping on a medium vanilla latte and Rudy Gestede was riding shotgun eating some overpriced flapjack.

• Like 3

Just now, Hasta said:

Leaked by QPR to put pressure on only for Fernandes to then say he's not being sold?

Who knows. Maybe he leaks it just so he can look good by saying we aint selling. Its a murky world around deadline day.

Strnage how nothing has really leaked from rovers all window and then the day before the dealine there are supposed leaks galore