Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Biz said:

I agree on that but I’d like to see 4 natural centrebacks at the club. I know Williams is a good cover, but I think we’d be screwed with Downing as our only option elsewhere. Not a single one is a “route one” defender.

Maybe Wharton is the answer? 

From what I've seen of Wharton he's more of a footballing centre half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus Christ, give the girl a break. Who knows what she's like? Having her character assassinated and reasons for being with her fella by a bunch of internet nobodies because of how she looks, pretty

There should be no excuses and no cliches imo. The window so far has been...underwhelming.  Do I think we’d go down with this squad? No? Is it better than the one which went down? Yes, I believe

Posted Images

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's done next to nothing in this league. The next league up is twice as hard to play in. If we really haven't got a pot to pee in we shouldn't be squandering the dosh on a bench warmer.

Theres some poor teams in the championship, but I agree Conway shouldnt be getting a new contract !

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Could be the club trying to waive his promotion pay rise? Or lessen by how much?

Yeah that might be it, they might add in an extra year to give him a bit of security as well.

I can’t say I blame them, he shouldn't be on the £20k+ that he’ll be on if we activate the extension. £10-13k would be more realistic imo, although I can definitely see him making more than that elsewhere so we will possibly be without Graham next season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way I look at it is if we opened tomorrow's paper and read we were signing him from another club how happy would we be ?

I'd be confused as we already own him  ; )

Nah, good way of looking at it - do not agree its a good move if only for sentimental value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some people here will be surprised who we will sign. Let’s be honest nobody knows who will come in. Let’s wait and see. We bought some good players at the start of the last season so no reason why we can’t find another few gems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Could be the club trying to waive his promotion pay rise? Or lessen by how much?

Good spot...thinning out his contract so that he earns more but over a longer period on a lower monthly wage. He will struggle to get another contract elsewhere next season - especially anywhere near what we are paying him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tormund said:

I think some people here will be surprised who we will sign. Let’s be honest nobody knows who will come in. Let’s wait and see. We bought some good players at the start of the last season so no reason why we can’t find another few gems.

Of course we will be surprised but this is all we have right now! Will be a boring summer if we cannot talk about who we would like, who will be available etc...might as well just shut the board down until August.

Iniesta on a free anyone?

Edited by JacknOry
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Of course we will be surprised but this is all we have right now! Will be a boring summer if we cannot talk about who we would like, who will be available etc...might as well just shut the board down until August.

Iniesta on a free anyone?

No need to be defensive. I didn’t say we couldn’t talk about transfers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's done next to nothing in this league. The next league up is twice as hard to play in. If we really haven't got a pot to pee in we shouldn't be squandering the dosh on a bench warmer.

I agree, i wasn't making a case for keeping him, just agreeing with the club not wanting to pay him as much, if that's is the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion we should be looking to bring in young talent from the league we have just left. I agree with suggestions like Adekulan. Charlton have some good youngsters like Konsa (unlikely as Everton are interested) but this is way we should try to go. Signings like Dack are the way to go, players with talent that need to take the leap from a smaller club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tormund said:

In my opinion we should be looking to bring in young talent from the league we have just left. I agree with suggestions like Adekulan. Charlton have some good youngsters like Konsa (unlikely as Everton are interested) but this is way we should try to go. Signings like Dack are the way to go, players with talent that need to take the leap from a smaller club.

Yup - hungry players that want to improve and play at a higher level. Standout players int he league below. That mixed in with some experienced Championsjip iplayers is the way to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Of course we will be surprised but this is all we have right now! Will be a boring summer if we cannot talk about who we would like, who will be available etc...might as well just shut the board down until August.

Iniesta on a free anyone?

Nah chaddy reckons he's to old and we shouldn't be signing anyone of that age regardless so I will have to bow to his wisdom and pass

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Nah chaddy reckons he's to old and we shouldn't be signing anyone of that age regardless so I will have to bow to his wisdom and pass

haha..better teams than us will be wishing they could pick him up. He is the type of player where class is permanent, was still featuring for Barca alot this season. One word - Tugay.

Reckon he would be the perfect foil for Smallwood...

Joking of course, no chance in a billion years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched Fulham and Derby, we are light years away from competing at the top end of the Championship.

Said for some time, we need some quality additions - a minimum of 6 to make us competitive.

Conway needs shipping out - we can't afford to be topping up players' pensions.

We face a huge challenge just to stay up.  Is Mogga the man?  Likes of Jokanovic and Rowett are different class.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Having watched Fulham and Derby, we are light years away from competing at the top end of the Championship.

Said for some time, we need some quality additions - a minimum of 6 to make us competitive.

Conway needs shipping out - we can't afford to be topping up players' pensions.

We face a huge challenge just to stay up.  Is Mogga the man?  Likes of Jokanovic and Rowett are different class.

The sheer pace and power is what I find most frightening. Proper athletes. We need to improve the pace of our squad. Here’s hoping for some decent loanees.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but that's the top end of the championship. They're getting ready for the prem. Most teams struggled with them this year as most teams in our league struggled with us and Wigan.  We're probably not going to get there next year or probably not the year after either. We have to build. Rome was not built in a day. We're on our way back, not were back. We didn't do a Sunderland. We sat in the championship gradually losing talent. It will take a while to build it back up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

The sheer pace and power is what I find most frightening. Proper athletes. We need to improve the pace of our squad. Here’s hoping for some decent loanees.

We are chronically short pace - our best three players (Mulgrew, Dack & Graham) have none.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Lets be honest some of the games we won last season were due to the opposition being piss poor at something specific. Remember Peterborough first half at home? That was one of the worst displays I have ever seen. Second half then we upped the tempo and within a few minutes their defender slips comically in the box to let a quite obviously injured Dack score. You get gifts in league 1 that you just won't get in the championship. In fairness we did actually look pretty fit last season, we had to be, so that will definetly stand to us next season as it was massively lacking our last time there. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

haha..better teams than us will be wishing they could pick him up. He is the type of player where class is permanent, was still featuring for Barca alot this season. One word - Tugay.

Reckon he would be the perfect foil for Smallwood...

Joking of course, no chance in a billion years.

Not with that attitude. Swap deal for Whittingham?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agreed. Lets be honest some of the games we won last season were due to the opposition being piss poor at something specific. Remember Peterborough first half at home? That was one of the worst displays I have ever seen. Second half then we upped the tempo and within a few minutes their defender slips comically in the box to let a quite obviously injured Dack score. You get gifts in league 1 that you just won't get in the championship. In fairness we did actually look pretty fit lady season, we had to be, so that will definetly stand to us next season as it was massively lacking our last time there. 

?

Sorry - on the beers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Having watched Fulham and Derby, we are light years away from competing at the top end of the Championship.

Said for some time, we need some quality additions - a minimum of 6 to make us competitive.

Conway needs shipping out - we can't afford to be topping up players' pensions.

We face a huge challenge just to stay up.  Is Mogga the man?  Likes of Jokanovic and Rowett are different class.

 

I thought that the standard was incredibly poor for two of the best teams in the Championship and that we have absolutely nothing to fear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Having watched Fulham and Derby, we are light years away from competing at the top end of the Championship.

Said for some time, we need some quality additions - a minimum of 6 to make us competitive.

Conway needs shipping out - we can't afford to be topping up players' pensions.

We face a huge challenge just to stay up.  Is Mogga the man?  Likes of Jokanovic and Rowett are different class.

 

Totally agree and the feel good factor of this season is clouding many a judgement. We are in for a long hard season and anything above staying up is a bonus imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • K-Hod pinned this topic
  • K-Hod locked this topic
  • K-Hod unpinned this topic
  • K-Hod unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.