BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't say I'd be impressed with this Freeman at £4 mil.  Sounds like a D list player that we are over paying for.  Can he tackle?  Pace? Or just more competition for Dack's role?

QPR forum is full of people saying why would we sell our best player on the last day of the transfer deadline. There's no-one saying get shut or he's replaceable. 

If we somehow start buying the best players from clubs in our own league then Id settle for that.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Madon said:

Jim White on Talksport has just said that Freeman is having a medical at Rovers! 

Jim White also said Junior Holliet is about to sign a new contract and he was going after Venky's :)

Maybe betting is a bit slow at skybet today so Jim is trying to drum up a bit of business

• Like 5

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't say I'd be impressed with this Freeman at £4 mil.  Sounds like a D list player that we are over paying for.  Can he tackle?  Pace? Or just more competition for Dack's role?

Seen the guys stats? Third best assists in the champ, 5 goals, second highest amounts of dribbles with the ball, quick, great dead balls - Iv never seen him play but that along with QPRs reaction suggest he’s no D lister...much better pedigree than Madison 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Seen the guys stats? Third best assists in the champ, 5 goals, second highest amounts of dribbles with the ball, quick, great dead balls - Iv never seen him play but that along with QPRs reaction suggest he’s no D lister...much better pedigree than Madison 

Great attitude too, now that would have swung it for TM.

QPR fans will feel like we did when they took Simon Barker off us, all those years ago.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

Just now, Commondore said:

Is Freeman being brought in as compettion for Dack? Or will he be played out of position on the wing? Seems like a strange hole to spend £4 million to plug.

He's naturally a winger so it wouldn't be out of position. QPR moved him to a central role

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Commondore said:

Is Freeman being brought in as compettion for Dack? Or will he be played out of position on the wing? Seems like a strange hole to spend £4 million to plug.

Left wing IS his position. He's been played centrally to good effect though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Commondore said:

OK, can people stop saying he would be out of position on the wing? He has played most of his career left wing 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

Sharpe said he isn't aware of Freeman having a medical. 

Says if there is a perm signing today then it would likely be him. 

Probably no signings today absolute joke

Incredible that we are could be going into the second game of the season with no backup to Graham (who we all know can only last for 70 minutes). Will be really disappointed in Mowbray if that happens as its should have been a priority. 

• Like 1

We desperately NEED an aggressive forward. As a starter, as a last 20 minute man, whatever at this stage - we need a viable alternative.

I think that Tony sees Armstrong, Samuel, Nuttall and Graham as making up his 4.

Very worried at this stage

Edited by Doaksie
  • Like 1

Just now, Doaksie said:

We desperately NEED an aggressive forward. As a starter, as a last 20 minute man, whatever at this stage - we need a viable alternative.

I think that Tony sees Armstrong, Samuel and Nuttall and Graham as making up his 4.

Very worried at this stage

Surely an experienced manager like Mowbray who knows the Championship well can't think that Samuel and Nuttall are adequate however I fear you are right.

• Backroom
Just now, Doaksie said:

I think that Tony sees Armstrong, Samuel and Nuttall and Graham as making up his 4.

I have that concern too, and it is worrying as at least two of those four aren't good enough for this level and none of Armstrong, Samuel or Nuttall can play the role that Graham plays. 

We're also completely screwed if any of the back four get injured. We might get away with Bell replacing Williams and Bennett shifting to right back if Nyambe has a spell on the sidelines, but an injury to Mulgrew or Lenihan makes us much, much weaker. 

Just now, Biz said:

Dan Burn off to Brighton- Wigan will be weaker as a result.

Being loaned back for the first half of the season at least, so it won't make them weaker immediately.