BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

31 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I think the big issue is the fact we haven't strengthened our starting 11. 

Our squad is very similar to last season's. Are we in a better place than our relegation season? As a club and fanbase yes definitely.....as squad quality goes I'm not too sure. Team spirtit is way better but that can only take you so far.

Spot on.

The story of Venky's time at the club. Could have, would have, should have, but didn't.

Absolutely irrelevant what the budget was, what the targets were, what we tried to do. All that matters really is what gets done. By the manager's own admission we are significantly short of what he envisaged us being. 

There's a lot of talk at this club, but not actually much evidence of action to back it up. Lots of talk of big budgets, exciting targets and ambitious plans, the result being its debatable whether we've as much depth as we had last season.

Those clubs that mean business get it done and do the talking afterwards when the players are in the building.

The comfort blanket of the loan window is unlikely to be easy to negotiate.

At this point I am predicting a long, hard, tough season. Yes survival is the target following promotion as it should be for anyone, but that doesn't mean you go into the season short and run the risk when we've had a real opportunity to do more. 

• Like 3

TBH Im quite disappointed today. This is mostly based on TMs words about signings. I had been looking forward to today and expected a minimum of 1 signing. That being said its not the end of the world. Hopefully we can get some decent loans in with a view to making them permanent.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

There is nothing less interesting than conspiracy theorists.  

But that's what we did, so its not a conspiracy. Sky Sports reported two significant cash bids when it was ultimately too late to get either done. No point talking about what we tried to do when it was too late to actually do it.

We've been unsuccessful in our "pursuit" of McGouch, McGill, Willy and the other midfielder I can't remember the name of? No CF signed, no CB signed, no Winger signed, no back up goalie signed, yeah it's been a great window ffs. I expect HC to come back on loan with a view to a permanent but don't expect much else tbh.

• Like 1

• K-Hod locked this topic
  • J*B unpinned this topic
  • K-Hod unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

We've been unsuccessful in our "pursuit" of McGouch, McGill, Willy and the other midfielder I can't remember the name of? No CF signed, no CB signed, no Winger signed, no back up goalie signed, yeah it's been a great window ffs. I expect HC to come back on loan with a view to a permanent but don't expect much else tbh.

I'd expect a striker. Possibly Gally but would hope for someone better personally.

Yes I would have been delighted with either Brereton or Freeman signing. Why was it left so late? well a number of reasons cos clubs prices were unrealistic and over priced, Clubs wouldn't sell until they got their targets in 1st, player came available at the last day or 2 due not playing or being part of squad. 

11 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Has anyone at Ewood made a comment yet?

Mowbray got his Millwall pre match media conference tomorrow. I'm sure he will be asked

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

But that's what we did, so its not a conspiracy. Sky Sports reported two significant cash bids when it was ultimately too late to get either done. No point talking about what we tried to do when it was too late to actually do it.

JH, sorry pal but you are fully of conspiracy theories at the minute. I used to fully enjoyed your posts on here but you have clearly change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

JH, sorry pal but you are fully of conspiracy theories at the minute. I used to fully enjoyed your posts on here but you have clearly change. 

So you're happy with business then?

• Backroom

Chaddy you don’t need to tell someone twice in a day that you used to enjoy their posts buts now they are too negative.

I know we used to have the Chaddometer but as far as I know we don’t currently have a Chaddy approval system in place.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would have been delighted with either Brereton or Freeman signing. Why was it left so late? well a number of reasons cos clubs prices were unrealistic and over priced, Clubs wouldn't sell until they got their targets in 1st, player came available at the last day or 2 due not playing or being part of squad. 

Mowbray got his Millwall pre match media conference tomorrow. I'm sure he will be asked

You said the other day that you expected 3 more permanent signings and told me that Gallagher would be in the squad on Saturday. What's gone wrong?

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You said the other day that you expected 3 more permanent signings and told me that Gallagher would be in the squad on Saturday. What's gone wrong?

We are just seeing every single cliché rolled out at this point.

It doesn’t matter what we do or don’t do in the window. It’s all good and it is always the fault of the other clubs or players.

• Like 1

Chaddys words were that he expects two permanent signings by today - i would search but cant be assed. It hasnt happened. he took a day off from work then accuses eveyone else of being obsessed with the day - but he still won at monopoloy (i think).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So you're happy with business then?

I've answered in the other Transfer thread

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yes I did expect 3 but if things didn't happened. Gallagher was a target according to JB's posts on here. 

But happened we will find out tomorrow in his press conference

This whole loan-to-buy thing that a lot of people are assuming will be the answer to our problems is a strange one to me. For a start the pool of players available for loan will be limited compared to those we could have potentially bought and they will be of a different profile. Also anyone who thinks the likes of Peterborough and Forest will loan out Maddison and Brereton now when they could just keep them and potentially sell in Jan is mad.

And that's all before the concern that, if a player does well, the price will inflate massively when it comes time to buy them.

Don't think this is the answer some are clinging on to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Chaddys words were that he expects two permanent signings by today - i would search but cant be assed. It hasnt happened. he took a day off from work then accuses eveyone else of being obsessed with the day - but he still won at monopoloy (i think).

Jack,you are wrong as I didn't take a day off but I aint going to explained myself to you

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've answered in the other Transfer thread

Yes I did expect 3 but if things didn't happened. Gallagher was a target according to JB's posts on here. 

But happened we will find out tomorrow in his press conference

According to JB? Does he work at the club?

Are you disappointed with the window or not?

2 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

This whole loan-to-buy thing that a lot of people are assuming will be the answer to our problems is a strange one to me. For a start the pool of players available for loan will be limited compared to those we could have potentially bought and they will be of a different profile. Also anyone who thinks the likes of Peterborough and Forest will loan out Maddison and Brereton now when they could just keep them and potentially sell in Jan is mad.

And that's all before the concern that, if a player does well, the price will inflate massively when it comes time to buy them.

Don't think this is the answer some are clinging on to.

Agreed. None of our loans last season were ‘loan to buys’. So why has this suddenly turned into the done thing and our saviour?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!