BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Martin would be a good signing but would he settle for coming on in the last half hour or when Graham is out.Il be honest they are of a similar standing if we do have 4 mill to spend I'd rather it be kept for someone younger who can develop and take over the reins from Graham next season and beyond.

Martin's attitude is questionable too refused to play at Fulham when on loan as he wanted to go back to Derby when McLaren was re-appointed. Last season he preffered to pick up his wage and sit on the sidelines rather than go out on loan when Sunderland and a couple of other teams made offers

Would he have to settle for coming on for Graham? I'm not so sure. If you're trying to bring players in then you're looking to improve on what you have surely? If Martin made more impact then I'm pretty sure Mogga will have Graham on the bench. 

Just now, Neal said:

Would he have to settle for coming on for Graham? I'm not so sure. If you're trying to bring players in then you're looking to improve on what you have surely? If Martin made more impact then I'm pretty sure Mogga will have Graham on the bench. 

Just my opinion but would rather someone younger brought in.Would imagine Martin is on 20k plus a week added to the fact his attitude is questionable I wouldn't be keen on the deal.

Martin has been available 2 summers now and he has chosen to stick around l,collect his wage and not play

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

I get what you're saying but perhaps the thinking is if you go in low then it might drive the top end price down... Anyway, it hardly matters. I have no problem with the club sticking cheeky offers in just as long as you can get something out of it at the end of it. They did well to get Armstrong at the price they did, it was dissapointing not to bring in more but we can still strengthen the squad for potentially better value for money in loan buy agreement... I just feel people are making judgement too early. 

I’ve no problem with lowballing per we. However, it can give people the impression that we are sat on a pot of cash. Which isn’t great for fan morale if we don’t.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes. I don't believe we had or have £5 million to spend on one player, and whilst we may have been after Brereton or Freeman I don't believe we were bidding that amount of money for them. It massively contradicts everything done under these owners for the last 5 and a half years.

Wow. They spent 9 million on Rhodes though? 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’ve no problem with lowballing per we. However, it can give people the impression that we are sat on a pot of cash. Which isn’t great for fan morale if we don’t.

So we shouldn't bid for players for fear of letting clubs know we have money? 

Our fans are hillarious 

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No they did not, it was a deal worth up to 8 million and that included add ons, Promotion etc, and paid over the length of the contract (5 years?)

Edited by perthblue02

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

You do talk rubbish,you supposedly go to every Rovers game,but always slag the club off,saying the money wasn’t available you do indeed question Mowbray and Waggot,I’ve spoken to TM on a few occasions and he would never get involved if he thought your conspiracy theories were right,obviously the money was there,it’s just that they couldn’t get the players in for different reasons,you said both cash bids were too late to sign the players,yet Middlesbrough went in for Freeman well after us with a cash bid,we all know what the Venkys have done,but for once we can’t blame them,and for the first time for a few years they are hopefully coming round and that is mainly due to the manager and Waggot,of course we are disappointed we couldn’t get anyone in,but let’s wait till the end of month and see what’s happened with loans and hopefully to buy,I don’t know if you’ve spoken to TM but just approach him with your theories and he’d snap you in two,it’s a good job I don’t come on here very often,because about 70% are same as you,doom and gloom,hysterical when we sign someone and slagging the club off when we don’t,speak again 1st Sept ?

If 'slagging the club off' is criticising the owners then so be it.

I've already made it clear that I like Mowbray, trust him and hope he remains our manager for a long time to come. I don't recall ever accusing him of deliberately lying or misleading anyone. If I have or have given that impression I apologise. I don't think I've accused Mowbray of lying, that doesn't mean I have to believe some of the stuff that's been going round in the last few days.

I'm not sure which 'conspiracy theories' you are referring to. Doubting that these owners would spend £5 million on a single player just because some random bloke linked to Sky Sports put it on twitter? I deal in facts and the facts are we've spent little over £5 million in close to 6 years, so yes i'm dubious about them spending that on one player and don't believe the hysteria and rumours on twitter.

If you're happy with Venkys then great. It will take more than talking of bids to win me round.

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Notice please that I said 5 and a half years which takes us back to January 2013. What came before that was Kean and Shebby using up all the parachute money which left the cupboard bare unless Venkys dip into their own pockets.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If 'slagging the club off' is criticising the owners then so be it.

I've already made it clear that I like Mowbray, trust him and hope he remains our manager for a long time to come. I don't recall ever accusing him of deliberately lying or misleading anyone. If I have or have given that impression I apologise. I don't think I've accused Mowbray of lying, that doesn't mean I have to believe some of the stuff that's been going round in the last few days.

I'm not sure which 'conspiracy theories' you are referring to. Doubting that these owners would spend £5 million on a single player just because some random bloke linked to Sky Sports put it on twitter? I deal in facts and the facts are we've spent little over £5 million in close to 6 years, so yes i'm dubious about them spending that on one player and don't believe the hysteria and rumours on twitter.

If you're happy with Venkys then great. It will take more than talking of bids to win me round.

Hysteria and rumours? Rich Sharpe confirmed the bids. Not a man for hysteria or rumour. 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Notice please that I said 5 and a half years which takes us back to January 2013. What came before that was Kean and Shebby using up all the parachute money which left the cupboard bare unless Venkys dip into their own pockets.

The bids were confirmed by Sharpe. He has repeatedly said we have that type of money. Not sure how you don't understand this 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hysteria and rumours? Rich Sharpe confirmed the bids. Not a man for hysteria or rumour. 

Of course he did. Once again after the news had broke on twitter. Notice that it wasn't he who 'broke' the news, merely confirmed an interest after word was out.

Regardless I'm not doubting there was interest as confirmed, I'm doubting that there was that sort of money for those players. We were likely trying to get them for much less than the figures, great if that works out, but it didn't.

So yeah, actually immaterial what money there was/is/wasn't if the deals don't get done.

Just now, JHRover said:

Of course he did. Once again after the news had broke on twitter. Notice that it wasn't he who 'broke' the news, merely confirmed an interest after word was out.

Regardless I'm not doubting there was interest as confirmed, I'm doubting that there was that sort of money for those players. We were likely trying to get them for much less than the figures, great if that works out, but it didn't.

So yeah, actually immaterial what money there was/is/wasn't if the deals don't get done.

So, no not actually immaterial at all. If we are now able to bid the figures mentioned, it changes things massively. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The bids were confirmed by Sharpe. He has repeatedly said we have that type of money. Not sure how you don't understand this 

3 weeks ago Sharpe was saying we 'might' be able to spend more than the fee on Dack (£750k)? Then he's saying that we're in a position to spend a lot more than that. He'll say what he gets told to say.

3 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

No they did not. We did not get promoted so one instance why it never reached 8 million

But they did get £10 million back for him when he was sold.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

What time is TM's presser today? I guess the waters should be a bit less murky after that in terms of what we know

Be interesting to hear what he says. He can't be happy with how yesterday played out. I'm guessing he'll put a brave face on it and talk up the loan market. He can't do much else really. I hope he resists from the 'we want 4 or 5' more' rhetoric. It hasn't done him any favours.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So, no not actually immaterial at all. If we are now able to bid the figures mentioned, it changes things massively. 

No it doesn't. We can bid those sort of figures in the final day of every transfer window, if it doesn't see players arrive then it changes nothing. If it is too late to get the deal done or the money offered isn't enough then it changes nothing.

Just now, JHRover said:

3 weeks ago Sharpe was saying we 'might' be able to spend more than the fee on Dack (£750k)? Then he's saying that we're in a position to spend a lot more than that. He'll say what he gets told to say.

Did he say 'might"? Im not sure he did. So anyway, you belive him and take it as gospel if/when he said that, but then don't belive him when he says we have the higher figures? Strange 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Be interesting to hear what he says. He can't be happy with how yesterday played out. I'm guessing he'll put a brave face on it and talk up the loan market. He can't do much else really. I hope he resists from the 'we want 4 or 5' more' rhetoric. It hasn't done him any favours.

Thats the thing really, for all the fans moaning, I imagine nobody is more frustrated than mowbray that we got nobody

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Of course, they didn't spend the 8 million to buy him, but got the 10 million when they sold him. Lol. Comical