BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Rothwell needs the 433 to thrive, Dack needs the 4231. I like Rothwell. But given our contrasting fortunes with the two formations I know which one I'd be going with. 

For me, Rothwell hasn't peaked and needs a different manager to get the best out of him.  He's a confidence player with a manger that sucks it out of players.

Rothwell is unplayable at times and can do things no other player can do in our squad.  I feel sorry for him and I'd be advising him to find a new club if I was his agent.

I think he can be the spare in a 352 behind the front 2.  We are suited to wing backs with Douglas and Nyambe.....but with the under investment in our defence and midfield for so long any attacking system is totally undermined. 

Mowbray Out!

20 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I would have thought you could fit Arma and Dack in the same team but surprised how reliant Dack seems to be on a target man striker. Although in fairness coming back from injury into several positions and a team playing poorly can't have helped. 

With Armstrong off in the summer it makes sense we replace him with a target man to get the best out of Dack. Although if we want to go 4-2-3-1 am not sure how many of the other players that suits. 

Dack and Armstrong, even in their richest veins of form, are carried for the vast majority of the 90 minutes. They're both out and out goal scorers. You'd be playing with 9 men if you played them both every week - that was always my concern when Armstrong started banging the goals in playing at #9. There was then no way back in the starting 11 for Dack.

As for replacing Armstrong with a target man - well half of Brereton's revival this year has been his ability to hold the ball up. I'd play him at #9 next year and build around him. Our attack looks vastly different when the ball sticks to a forward - it brings everyone else into it. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Dack and Armstrong, even in their richest veins of form, are carried for the vast majority of the 90 minutes. They're both out and out goal scorers. You'd be playing with 9 men if you played them both every week - that was always my concern when Armstrong started banging the goals in playing at #9. There was then no way back in the starting 11 for Dack.

As for replacing Armstrong with a target man - well half of Brereton's revival this year has been his ability to hold the ball up. I'd play him at #9 next year and build around him. Our attack looks vastly different when the ball sticks to a forward - it brings everyone else into it. 

I disagree with your first paragraph - but would say for both players when they have generally poor performances these are occasionally covered up by their goal scoring.

With BB - it will be his eventual position - but I think part of the reason he has done so well holding the ball up is because he is invariably against a physically smaller right back. Not certain how well he would currently do against a more physical centre half.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

For me, Rothwell hasn't peaked and needs a different manager to get the best out of him.  He's a confidence player with a manger that sucks it out of players.

Rothwell is unplayable at times and can do things no other player can do in our squad.  I feel sorry for him and I'd be advising him to find a new club if I was his agent.

I think he can be the spare in a 352 behind the front 2.  We are suited to wing backs with Douglas and Nyambe.....but with the under investment in our defence and midfield for so long any attacking system is totally undermined. 

Mowbray Out!

Who's going to be in the 3 at the back ? We only have Lenihan fit at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

TM basically confirming what we all suspected this morning in the LT. Arma is for sale. 

Personally I would say that every footballer is for sale. It is just if any other clubs want them and are willing to pay the asking price

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

TM basically confirming what we all suspected this morning in the LT. Arma is for sale. 

Good distraction tactics though. Rather than focus on our miserable form and performances lets talk about how sought after Mowbray's signing is and how much money we might get for him.

He's communicating with India again.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

Tony's last stand.  He has  nothing left other than bringing money in via selling our prime assets.  He will blame the owners for selling him, the rest are out of contract.

What the squad will look like in 12 months is anyone's guess.   Flying by the seat of his pants after 4 years.....🙄 

What a feckin joker.

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I would say that every footballer is for sale. It is just if any other clubs want them and are willing to pay the asking price

I personally wouldn't want to announce it myself. I would suggest that would have a negative effect on the eventual sale price. Although I accept it is common knowledge he only has 12 months left on his deal and so that won't help in achieving what we would perceive to be the'going rate'

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Then whoever the new guy is has to start all over again from scratch. Blowing him out now would give whoever it is time to sus out what we have and sign new players accordingly.

I was referring to Armstrong 

Although I imagine it's the same for Mowbray. I agree it should be done now , for the reasons you mention. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

what happened to building a team

mowbray just feck off

Well.......

Mowbray had a dream

To build a football team

Had lots of money but he blew most of it on crap

No one at the back

Still shit in attack

We Blackburn Rovers

We're on our way down.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Well.......

Mowbray had a dream

To build a football team

No one at the back

Still shit in attack

We Blackburn Rovers

We're on our way down.

Sorry Arbitro, but that last line doesn't rhyme 😉

How about....

Mowbray had a dream

To build a football team

In defence we're so slack

Still shit in attack

We Blackburn Rovers

We're flat on our back.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Well.......

Mowbray had a dream

To build a football team

No one at the back

Still shit in attack

We Blackburn Rovers

We're on our way down.

Mowbray had a dream

To plot a housing scheme.

It makes us money but Cat 1 status unknown.

Gardens at the back

Grandeur they won't lack.

We're Blackburn Rovers, the future is black.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

How about....

Mowbray had a dream

To build a football team

Still shit in attack

We Blackburn Rovers

We're flat on our back.

Or 

We are f*#&ing cack

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

How about....

Mowbray had a dream

To build a football team

Still shit in attack

We Blackburn Rovers

We're flat on our back.

Thanks, F.R. Leavis!

In fact, I believe the Rovers fans version, which I love, gets the rhyming wrong. In Rovers fans version, I believe the last word, "back" should rhyme with  "loan"...So in Arbitro's vesrsion, "crap" should rhyme with "down". In your own, "crap" should rhyme with "back"....

Meanwhile, I am off to get a life....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Show 'em how it's done Leonard!

So...with thanks to Arbito...

Mowbray sold a dream

To build a football team,

Now they're selling our players.

They're selling our training ground.

We're shit at the back

And shit in attack.

We're Blackburn Rovers, they're taking us down.??

• Like 1

The commentators said last night he has had 56 more shots than the next person. Isn't that quite the stat? It definitely tells a few things, firstly we were totally set up for him as a team earlier in the season. Secondly, that he is wasteful or greedy I would say. I mean 56 more shots. It's unbelievable really,isn't it? What an insane stat. Be something very wrong if he wasn't top scorer. He has had a great season, but I have my doubts he will repeat it. £25 million be nice for a new manager to spend.