BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why does he have a now almost weekly column speculating on potential bids and destinations for Armstrong just like he did for over a year before Jordan Rhodes eventually departed?

Why doesn't he run such 'stories' on other players?

Does he have an unhealthy obsession with linking our goalscorers with moves or is he acting on someone else's behalf to try and drum up interest in a move?

He does run such stories about other players?He has De Gea back to Spain a couple of week ago and now he saying to PSG.

And is it a surprise that other clubs are interested In Armstrong and it is being reported on?

He is young, English and has had a decent scoring season he also has only 1 year left in his contract so don't see how you can suggest it's something sinister with Nixon reporting possible interest?

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe cos Armstrong and his agent are pushing for a move to the Premier League and leaking it to Nixon. 

Could also be the club leaking it , drumming up interest, could also be the red top funster's transfer dartboard is getting a run out.

• Like 2

It’s hard to figure out what’s happened to Armstrong year over year. Last year, I don’t remember ever thinking him overly greedy, and almost every goal he scored was a belter from outside the area. In fact it was often mentioned where were the scruffy goals.

Then to go to not even shooting on sight (because for half his shots he has no sight of goal whatsoever) but shooting whenever in range from wherever, no matter whoever is in a better position and however many defenders are in front of him, plus not scoring a single long-range belter almost defies belief.

I’ve watched us sell our best players for 55 years but this is one instance where I think if we get offered top dollar we should take it.

• Like 4

This season might have been all about project Arma.  Get him starting every game good or bad and set up to try and showcase him and get the best out of him. 20 goals says its worked in that regard but not sure it has for the team as a whole.

Now he's getting ripe for selling with only a year left and if we get near some of the figures banded about a lot inside Ewood will be happy.

They might even set up to try and get the best out of Gallagher next season or Brereton. Although more likely be project Travis and see what figures get banded about for him.

All part and parcel of the journey, if there's anything left to reinvest we can always see who Boro want rid of.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would go for Luke Jephcott from Plymouth. 21 years old and looks a real talent

I’m a romantic, I’d get Jordan Rhodes in to lead the line and Tugay in as manager. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

isn't Rhodes off to Cardiff in the summer?

I’ve absolutely no idea. He’d be coming here if I was in charge. And it would probably end badly. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This season might have been all about project Arma.  Get him starting every game good or bad and set up to try and showcase him and get the best out of him. 20 goals says its worked in that regard but not sure it has for the team as a whole.

Now he's getting ripe for selling with only a year left and if we get near some of the figures banded about a lot inside Ewood will be happy.

They might even set up to try and get the best out of Gallagher next season or Brereton. Although more likely be project Travis and see what figures get banded about for him.

All part and parcel of the journey, if there's anything left to reinvest we can always see who Boro want rid of.

Cue Britt Assombolonga rumours. He seems to be another one on the way out.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's over for Rhodes at our level. There should be no room for sentiment in football. That's if you want to win things that is.

I agree that they should be no room for sentiment in football. 

Rhodes did perform for us when here but we have more on from him now. 

I can see him going to Cardiff as a squad player but for me he wouldnt be the main striker at any championship club. 

I would be going for Plymouth's striker Luke Jephcott to replace Armstrong. Probably would cost 2 to 3 million pounds. 

Another option, and I'm no expert but Mallik wilks at Hull could be worth a look. I would imagine Tony would love him cos he is a striker who basically plays as an attacking winger according to reports. Similar age and goal scoring record to Jephcott 

To be fair, even if Nixon is right which is rarely the case, Brighton could very well go down and considering that they sacked Hughton who got them up and kept them up, you would expect them to change manager.

Cant see us getting 25m for him with a year left on his contract, but when he goes, surely we should have someone lined up across Europe if this supposed scouting network has any merit/worth?

@chaddyrovers have you given up on Armstrong signing a new deal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

if we sell Armstrong then who do we replace him with? 

Small time mentality, every player is replaceable in the championship. Unless you’ve just put yourself across incorrectly and are just asking for suggestions, if so apologies. Plenty out there who could replace Arma, lost a bit of interest in the game over last year or so, therefore I don’t have many suggestions, Chaddy.

Edited by Wovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

if we sell Armstrong then who do we replace him with? 

This guy, Kasper Junker, 27 goals in 25 apperances last season. Teammate and roommate with Zinckernagel who ended up at Watford. I really enjony the goal at 3:28 mark.

Price would be around 2 - 2,5 mill.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

Armstrong is a class striker ,in the right set up he could excel. Maybe keep him, but under a different manager. I agree the team was set up to facilitate him this season we got found out and Mowbray couldn't adapt. Armstrong saw his name in lights and decided to go on a one man mission to score every goal. I don't think there will be a bid large enough to sell him. Hopefully it's a 7 game Mowbray winning run though 🤣

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers have you given up on Armstrong signing a new deal?

no but its looks unlikely he wants to sign a new contract is it?

46 minutes ago, Wovers said:

Small time mentality, every player is replaceable in the championship. Unless you’ve just put yourself across incorrectly and are just asking for suggestions, if so apologies. Plenty out there who could replace Arma, lost a bit of interest in the game over last year or so, therefore I don’t have many suggestions, Chaddy.

I was after some suggestions for a replacement for him. That's all I want after. I agree we can sign a striker to replace his goals just about picking the right one. I suggested 6 players last Sunday to replace him. Did you see them? I posted a link to that post for you. https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/33479-adam-armstrong/?do=findComment&comment=2181248

16 minutes ago, Swanson said:

This guy, Kasper Junker, 27 goals in 25 apperances last season. Teammate and roommate with Zinckernagel who ended up at Watford. I really enjony the goal at 3:28 mark.

Price would be around 2 - 2,5 mill.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I'd say Armstrong was more likely to sign a new deal if we got rid of Mowbray and brought in a manager that made people sit up and think we mean business.

As it stands with Mowbray here in the summer no player worth his salt will want to stick here long term.

He's also more likely to sign a new deal if the club actually offers him one. By the sounds of things we haven't even reached that stage yet.