BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wont it 40% of profit made on the 3 million pounds fee we paid. So that's 13 million pounds profit. So Rovers would get 7.8 million pounds plus 3 mil pounds we paid. Reinvest that properly in the right signings and we should be top 6

We’ve already invested £12 million in the “ right “ signings and we’re nearer to the bottom 6 than the top 6. I wouldn’t give Mowbray another penny to “ invest “.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve already invested £12 million in the “ right “ signings and we’re nearer to the bottom 6 than the top 6. I wouldn’t give Mowbray another penny to “ invest “.

Well hopefully we will have a new manager by then. 

If not and the owners back him again then we need a replace or 2 for Armstrong goals

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Verdict: Just where would Rovers be without Adam Armstrong? | Lancashire Telegraph

A balanced journalistic piece by Sharpe. 

I think we definitely all agree that without him we'd probably have gone down. 

Our top goal scorer being our top goal scorer is the least of our worries.

Nobody seems to have stopped to consider that he has so many shots at goal because he has no faith in the other players to hit the onion bag. 
He’s probably not alone in that.....

20 goal a season strikers don't come around very often. Once again we've wasted having his goals this season, rather than building on it to mount a promotion push. 

Shame that the focus now we've got a 20 goal season striker on our hands isn't to offer him a bumper deal and fight to keep him but rather try to sell him to anyone who offers cash.

Says a lot about our priorities as a football club.

To be limping our way to survival and still not at the 50 point mark in mid-April is a travesty.

What will our solution be? Why sell the leading goalscorer, keep the failing manager and battle relegation next season.

• Like 4

On 19/03/2021 at 23:01, DE. said:

It's nice that Armstrong has scored 19 goals this season but we're 15th, so whatever we're doing as a team isn't working irrespective of his personal stats. If we had a better manager at the helm I believe AA would score less but be more productive for the team overall, which is what we should be aiming for. He only scored 5 goals in 18/19 when we finished 15th, so I don't think his goal stats are the be all and end all of our hopes. 

I agree. Its not healthy to be so dependent on one player to score goals. After all, he could be down with injury at any time.

I would prefer 3 to chip in with say 12 each. That should have been Brereton and Gallagher's stats but they clearly are not what we needed. Manager again.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Our top goal scorer being our top goal scorer is the least of our worries.

Nobody seems to have stopped to consider that he has so many shots at goal because he has no faith in the other players to hit the onion bag. 
He’s probably not alone in that.....

I think the sensible ones amongst us have considered that. I'm still waiting to hear who he should pass to amongst our plethora of goalscoring luminaries....

29 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Verdict: Just where would Rovers be without Adam Armstrong? | Lancashire Telegraph

A balanced journalistic piece by Sharpe. 

I think we definitely all agree that without him we'd probably have gone down. 

Only if we had been playing with 10 men in all those games.

Without him and with Mowbray? Maybe.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Only if we had been playing with 10 men in all those games.

No, if we were playing with a striker who wasn't as good as AA, who is the fella attracting interest from West Ham Everton and Newcastle. 

Who did you have in mind to replace him from our other strikers?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No, if we were playing with a striker who wasn't as good as AA, who is the fella attracting interest from West Ham Everton and Newcastle. 

Who did you have in mind to replace him from our other strikers?

You can’t genuinely believe that nobody but Adam Armstrong could get 20 goals from 160 shots with the team set up to do exactly that.

If Gallagher had been treated the same way Armstrong has: played centrally, had the team set up to get the best out of him and had been played consistently every week for 90 minutes even when badly out of form then he would be a far better player than the one you see today.

37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Wiki:-

BB -  5 goals/34 Apps

SG - 6 goals/31 Apps

AA - 21 goals/35 Apps

Half his goals in twice the appearances.

How do you solve a problem like Maria  Arma

Strikers played on the wing score fewer goals. Who knew?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Wiki:-

BB -  5 goals/34 Apps

SG - 6 goals/31 Apps

AA - 21 goals/35 Apps

Half his goals in twice the appearances.

How do you solve a problem like Maria  Arma

Armstrong scored 5 when employed as a wide man. In 44 appearances.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

You can’t genuinely believe that nobody but Adam Armstrong could get 20 goals from 160 shots with the team set up to do exactly that.

If Gallagher had been treated the same way Armstrong has: played centrally, had the team set up to get the best out of him and had been played consistently every week for 90 minutes even when badly out of form then he would be a far better player than the one you see today.

All we know is that AA is only the 20th player to score 20 league goals in a season in our club's history. When Gally achieves that it will be worth discussing in relation to AA's achievements. 

What was your opinion of Rhodes? 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

All we know is that AA is only the 20th player to score 20 league goals in a season in our club's history. When Gally achieves that it will be worth discussing in relation to AA's achievements. 

Again, self-fulfilling as he won’t as long as Armstrong is here.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What was your opinion on Rhodes?

I was a fan, he was a lot more clinical than Armstrong and consistently took his chances.

There are some similarities between them but we didn’t carry Rhodes as much as have carried Armstrong in terms of losses of form.

Rhodes papered over the cracks in Bowyer’s Rovers. He was a limited player who had a knack for finding the net but he was a square peg in a square hole. At least Bowyer, with a few exceptions, did try to play the rest of his team in the right place (although Cairney on the wing and King on the bench were big mistakes).

Armstrong’s strength was/is as a wide man with an eye for goal, who should have been lining up chances for others. Duff was 10 times the player Armstrong will ever be but wasn’t converted to a centre forward.

On the face of it, Dack’s injury appears to have panicked Mowbray and he moved Armstrong inside. That in itself was damning of, but also terminally damaging to, Gallagher and Brereton. In doing this he put his faith entirely in Armstrong to the exclusion of all others.