BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

10 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

We didn’t know what that would bring though at the time. Most people were optimistic as I recall. 

Their complete and total lack of football knowledge had me worried right from the off.   Competing at the very top on an input of £5 million. That told me all I needed to know. Once they’d sacked Big Sam I really feared the worst. 

What amazes me if that after 10 years they haven’t learnt a thing. I started getting interested in football when I was 10 years old and by time I was 20 I was pretty knowledgeable about the game, certainly at Rovers level.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Their complete and total lack of football knowledge had me worried right from the off.   Competing at the very top on an input of £5 million. That told me all I needed to know. Once they’d sacked Big Sam I really feared the worst. 

What amazes me if that after 10 years they haven’t learnt a thing. I started getting interested in football when I was 10 years old and by time I was 20 I was pretty knowledgeable about the game, certainly at Rovers level.

And yet, you still supported the Rovers ?

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That £5 million statement from the Venkys was a breaking news headline on Sky Sports News! as soon as I read it I knew we were in big trouble 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Assuming his absence today all but confirms that he's being sold in the next few days?

Mowbray said in the pre match press conference they would have a discussion prior to the game and decide if he would feature.

Doesn't sound like any bid has been accepted but the player wants out and the club want the money so he isn't going to be featuring unless here after deadline

7 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

That £5 million statement from the Venkys was a breaking news headline on Sky Sports News! as soon as I read it I knew we were in big trouble 

yeah talk of Beckham, Ronaldinho, and we're gonna make the Champions league in 3 season - with a yearly transfer budger of 5 mil, certainly made you realise they knew fck all. Lets not forget they didnt even know you could get relegated 🤦‍♀️

Edited by JacknOry

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Unless anyone meets our valuation he should be playing.

Guess a judgement has to be made if his mind would be on the task. TM right it does need resolving.

To be fair he has earned his chance at the PL. He has always given us all and certainly has been our best signing for many years. 

23 hours ago, Palace1861 said:

Lol, im 48 mate and yes I remember it. You still crying about about the 4-3 get over it. 

That's why I put at the start of my post palace supporter in peace.

Seems you have that day scared on your memory, we've all had shit ones and I've no problem with blackburn never have or will. Brighton on the other hand is my hate. So move on mate have a coke and a smile.

That was without doubt one of my worst days both footballing and non footballing. It was the culmination of years of almost making it. Then this was the "surely this time it's happening". ......then it went sour again. Can't bear to hear "Glad all over", even now.

On Armstrong, its really hard to judge how good he is. He's quick and scores goals at our level. David Speedie was better and Simon Garner did it for years, if that helps!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beafo said:

That was without doubt one of my worst days both footballing and non footballing. It was the culmination of years of almost making it. Then this was the "surely this time it's happening". ......then it went sour again. Can't bear to hear "Glad all over", even now.

On Armstrong, its really hard to judge how good he is. He's quick and scores goals at our level. David Speedie was better and Simon Garner did it for years, if that helps!

the worst footballing day of my life,no doubt,i think it made it worse because palace were terrible in the first leg and we should have gone down there with a 4-1 lead,we missed a bloody penalty

• Like 2

The old heads not right line is one that gets trotted out all the time all over the place. Standard football stuff and they did the right thing leaving him out today. If he's not pleading to play and saying he wants to sign off in front of the fans and say goodbye then we don't need to see him.

There'd have been uproar if we'd lost of course but he wouldn't have made much difference if his head isn't in it.

Not sure i agree he'd have had a hatrick today but he might well have bagged. Dolans unselfish work though helped the likes of Brereton and Gally.  That's not something you associate with Armstrong so we looked like the shackles were off a bit today.

Best of luck to him whatever happens now.

• Like 4

Earlier this week i was in the mindset of if were paying him he has to play but i wonder if he played today how much effort would he have put in,would he have gone in for 50/50 balls with a risk of injury,Would he have put a proper shift in with the risk of pulling a hamstring or some other injury,for once i think Mowbray did the right thing in leaving him out then saying to the clubs interested to put up or shut up in the next 7 days.

• Like 7