BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lancashire Clubs - Round Up

Just now, Mattyblue said:

2pm  - Talks about Descartes, metaphysics and disestablishmentarinism and how it relates to an away game at Barnsley.

5pm - knocks the opposing manager out in the tunnel and is boxed in in the car park as he tries to do a runner by local plod

Did anything ever come out about what really happened. There was news of a scuffle but later Barton denied being the aggressor.

Talk about the heartland of football (in this country, if not the world)

Going into 2019/20

National Champions - Manchester City

*Possible* European Champions - Liverpool

Most Valuable Football Club in the World - Manchester United

Premier League - Burnley, Everton

Championship - Rovers, Preston, Wigan

League One - Accrington, Bolton, Blackpool, Bury, Fleetwood, Rochdale

League Two - Morecambe, Oldham, Salford

National League - Barrow, Chorley, AFC Fylde

That's 17/92, or 18%, of Football League clubs reside in the Old Lancashire boundary.

This list also excludes Cheshire clubs like Crewe (L2), Macclesfield (L2) and Stockport (NL) and also Tranmere (L2)

Including these teams, which I'm sure would be most likely referred to as 'North West' teams

20/92 Clubs which is 22% of Football League clubs in the North West, or 24/116 which is 20% of all professional clubs, are in the North West.

For comparison there are 10 London Football League teams. AFC Wimbledon, Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Millwall, QPR, Tottenham and West Ham

• Like 7

On 13/05/2019 at 10:48, rog of the rovers said:

Talk about the heartland of football (in this country, if not the world)

That's 17/92, or 18%, of Football League clubs reside in the Old Lancashire boundary.

This list also excludes Cheshire clubs like Crewe (L2), Macclesfield (L2) and Stockport (NL) and also Tranmere (L2)

Including these teams, which I'm sure would be most likely referred to as 'North West' teams

20/92 Clubs which is 22% of Football League clubs in the North West, or 24/116 which is 20% of all professional clubs, are in the North West.

For comparison there are 10 London Football League teams. AFC Wimbledon, Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient, Millwall, QPR, Tottenham and West Ham

Fulham? Charlton ?

On 11/05/2019 at 19:36, JHRover said:

Bad news with Salford getting into the League. Fylde not much better but at least with them there isn't the media love fest. Brace yourselves for unrelenting Sky and media fuelled obsession with Salford. A club being used as a vehicle to promote the ex United players. Not nice to see. With Neville being Sky's star pundit and them conveniently having a sponsorship deal with Sky Bet Super 6 its clear how it is going. A conflict of interest in my opinion but it won't be pretty to watch. They'll suddenly start taking an interest in League Two now Salford are there. Expect they'll be picked for more live broadcasts than we will next season. Cringeworthy.

Some nerve from Neville here comparing himself to Jack Walker. Or for that matter comparing Salford City to Blackburn Rovers what an insult. How much money is Neville even putting in himself? There's a majority shareholder (Peter Lim who appointed Neville for his Valencia failure)  and the rest seem to be there more as figureheads to attract insufferable media attention. They are probably being paid to be there. Admittedly I haven't had any issue with Fleetwood or Fylde but one ex United player involved is reason enough to treat them with contempt never mind 5 or whatever it is. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-hero-gary-neville-14997876

Edited by Vinjay17

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Husky said:

A 6-1 drubbing at home then just the 4-1 defeat away.

Are Chorley starting to find their feet in the league or are they out of their depth?

They're a part time club with little money to spend in a league of ex football league/ full time teams.I think they knew it would be hard to compete in that league without a benefactor to bankroll them or big crowds to generate money from.They went from being a big fish in a small pond to a little fish in an ocean of big whales.Their defence was what got them promoted last season but the higher league is showing mistakes get punished where they got away with them in the lower league.

Clubs like Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield are attracting 5,000/6,000 crowds in non league.

Last season Stockport had 3,000/4,000... in the SIXTH tier! Compare that to any other country, only Germany is remotely comparable. 

Just shows how much passion there is for football in this country.

On 17/08/2019 at 19:13, Husky said:

A 6-1 drubbing at home then just the 4-1 defeat away.

Are Chorley starting to find their feet in the league or are they out of their depth?

To be fair the Drubbing was by Solihull managed by Tim Flowers who. Are top and finished second last year. They were by far the better team. Yesterday's result is deceptive as two goals were conceded in injury time. Chorley had also had a penalty saved.

They're not going to be playing the likes of Solihull every week. It's all about finishing outside the bottom four if possible this season.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, philipl said:

Barrow looking good for returning to League football. Hit 7 past Ebbsfleet yesterday.

Will probably replace Morecambe who sank back to the bottom of League 2.

Good to see Barrow being referred to as a lancs club. This “Cumbria” nonsense annoys me! I’ve always looked out for their results and will be great to see them hopefully return to the football league. 

In fact Barrow are 1 of 5 teams in the top 5 divisions who have the lancs red rose on their current badge....... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, david brent said:

Good to see Barrow being referred to as a lancs club. This “Cumbria” nonsense annoys me! I’ve always looked out for their results and will be great to see them hopefully return to the football league. 

In fact Barrow are 1 of 5 teams in the top 5 divisions who have the lancs red rose on their current badge....... 

We send young lads to Barrow for experience as well, maybe that will stop now if they go up.

1 hour ago, david brent said:

Rovers Man City Bolton Barrow (which I never knew thank you ) and ..?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not strictly Lancashire but it's good to see Barrow seven points clear with a game in hand in the National Conference. With a strong Rovers connection there getting promoted would be terrific for them and the area. Conversely Chorley are eleven points adrift.

• Like 1

Without a big benefactor or crowds in the 3,4000 range Chorley cant afford paying the players the  amounts needed to really challenge in the NC.I think they knew going in it would be a miracle to stay in it more than 1 season,their downfall this season has been keeping leads,they have lost a ton of points from leading positions.