BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

6 hours ago, DanLad said:

I really hope if he does then it doesn’t go badly for him. South American football fans are fervent and ruthless.

If a bit of booing from a couple of Rovers fans managed to upset him then he’s in for a world of pain if he doesn’t perform.

• Like 4

Tickled me that the LT were framing the story around ‘pledging his allegiance’ and the ‘decision he has to make’, like Southgate could miss the chance for a call up and for BB to take on Foden, Sancho et al for that wide role. 😁

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Tickled me that the LT were framing the story around ‘pledging his allegiance’ and the ‘decision he has to make’, like Southgate could miss the chance for a call up and for BB to take on Foden, Sancho et al for that wide role. 😁

In days gone by, more cynical England managers have played these players in meaningless friendlies to keep the players from doing this, just in case they perform in future.

Chris Sutton was taken the piss out of when it came to England, and was only given one appearance, and Ben isn’t fit to wrap gorilla tape around the aging aglets of Chris Sutton’s shoelaces.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

In days gone by, more cynical England managers have played these players in meaningless friendlies to keep the players from doing this, just in case they perform in future.

Chris Sutton was taken the piss out of when it came to England, and was only given one appearance, and Ben isn’t fit to wrap gorilla tape around the aging aglets of Chris Sutton’s shoelaces.

These days friendlies don’t count e.g. Wilf Zaha 

10 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

These days friendlies don’t count e.g. Wilf Zaha 

Didn’t know that. Bit of a nonsense if a player with grandparents of four different nationalities could do a tour of friendlies.

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Hopefully it means we’re in with a better chance of eventually offloading him and recouping some costs now.

I am hoping that he actually turns into a reasonable player for the Rovers. I am not in the slightest bothered about recouping costs.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am hoping that he actually turns into a reasonable player for the Rovers. I am not in the slightest bothered about recouping costs.

Evidence suggests that there’s more chance of him turning into a Fiat Punto, but I hope so too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

This has to be one of the most bizarre call ups ever. Great for him though. 

You can't help but feel he's one of the most overrated young players. First he gets sold for £7m and now he gets called up by Chile! 

"Good agent" as they say.

Chile must have seriously regressed from the team I've seen in years gone by (I see Sanchez and Vidal are still knocking about...just). But good luck to the lad.

There is a huge commercial opportunity here. South American fans are fanatical and would definitely purchase a Brereton Rovers shirt if given the chance. 

Merchandise geared towards that should be sold to Chileans or at least marketed there. I highly doubt it though. Well go after the totally wikeds of this world still. 

• Like 2

On 22/05/2021 at 06:54, Mattyblue said:

Fingers crossed Chile have a decent manager who realises he should be played centrally.