BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Perhaps BB could have a word with Arturo Vidal and tell him how nice Lancashire is? He's exactly what our midfield needs. I'm very surprised at this, but pleased for the lad, and hope it helps spur him on. It's a long journey for matches though.

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Blimey they must be scraping the bottle of the barrel. If he gets a call up I think I should reinvestigate my parents and grandparents nationalities, as standards have really slipped it seems. 

That said it can't do him or us any harm. Best case scenario he does ok and we can sell him, if it doesn't meh it's no bother to us. The most undeserving Rovers call up since Ferris played for Northern Ireland. 

it`s baffling,either the chilean coach is mistaking ben for someone else or he`s got the best p.r in the whole world,south american players on the whole are extremely gifted,ben is`nt🤔,i hope he does`nt make a complete fool of himself and comeback with even less confidence than he appears to have now

• Backroom

Brilliant, it’s so perfectly random, I hope he goes and smashes it!

He comes across as a big dope in the behind the curtain type clips, imagining him somewhere in Santiago not having a clue what’s going on tickles me. 

In fact Rovers need to be sending a camera crew with him!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Good luck to him! I'm not sure why all the negativity and getting capped by a decent level national team isnt going to do his value and reputation any harm

It might do his reputation harm if he performs for Chile how he performs more often than not for Rovers. There will be a lot more scrutiny for Argentina vs Chile. Seems a player massively affected by confidence so could get ridiculed and comes back a damaged man (more so).

Considering the good spell and the bad times at the moment on balance he’s still a 7 million pound flop. Only really getting game time because of 1 the poor options and 2 Mowbray owes game time in order to try and justify him not wasting money.

I really hope he does well as seems a decent lad and it’s not his fault Mowbray wasted the kitty on him. But this is one of the most bizarre things I can remember happening to a player at ewood.  

Edited by matt83

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It might do his reputation harm if he performs for Chile how he performs more often than not for Rovers.

What would be even more interesting would be if he is played at CF and does performs better than he does for Rovers.

That might do Mowbray’s reputation a bit more harm.

Genuinely wish the lad well and it will certainly toughen him up.

On the flip side, it’s a poor show that his development has seen a £7m, England U19s Euro winner having to turn out for a South American team to have a sniff of an international career.

• Like 3

Had anyone considered that BB may not be effected by 'fans' and it maybe just more bollocks from TM to cover up for the way Tombola has handled him since he arrived? Not played, played out of position, and generally poorly managed since day one, but it's our fault. TM talks bollocks and I wonder if that was just of his drivel?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I imagine he will have at least a smattering to be able to communicate with the maternal side of the family…hope so anyhow 😳

He’s been learning for the past few months and will speak Spanish in local media interviews whilst out there. Vamos Breo!

• Like 3

Has he leant how to trap a ball first touch?

Has he learnt how to head a ball?

Has he learnt how not to scuff a shot?

Can he improve on a strike rate of 1 in 8 GPG and still be called a striker?

Nevertheless I wish him well in learning Spanish.

I will watch the Chile games and await being amazed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Has he leant how to trap a ball first touch?

Has he learnt how to head a ball?

Has he learnt how not to scuff a shot?

Can he improve on a strike rate of 1 in 8 GPG and still be called a striker?

Nevertheless I wish him well in learning Spanish.

I will watch the Chile games and await being amazed.

You sound like Tony - don’t go and play for your mother’s country Ben, don’t play alongside Sanchez against Messi in South America’s biggest tournament, stay at Brockhall and do pre season with the Rovers. 

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

You sound like Tony - don’t go and play for your mother’s country Ben, don’t play alongside Sanchez against Messi in South America’s biggest tournament, stay at Brockhall and do pre season with the Rovers. 

Nah, Tony will be seeing this as his own success story.

Would have thought there would be an international clause in there yes.

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I wonder if this means we'll have to hand of another good wedge of cash to forest now he's got/getting a senior international cap!? 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Trust me, he’s not!

If that's true he's an absolute idiot and probably now planning to take BB out of his tombola.

He'll still use it to keep his job either way. "£7m well spent, under my expert guidance he's an international footballer now Madam."

Or...

"Relegated - if only Ben Brereton had listened to me and not disrupted my pre-season masterplan for conquering this league."

• Like 2