BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s something in that Si Senor song for sure. In fact, it’s begging for it. 

He is the king of Chile don’t you know

born in Stoke

La Rojo’s number 9

Si Senor

give Diaz the ball and he will score 

He is the king of Chile don’t you know,

once English now plays for La Rojo,

Brereton Diaz,

He’s changed his name and now he’s f*cking class,

sí señor,

give big Breo the ball and he will score.

Hi guys! I'm Chilean and although I usually follow the championship, I hadn't seen much of Ben until now .... what a great entrance he made! Commentators here said that his intention to always attack, directly to the area, was pleasant ... a great find for Chile ... I am surprised that he is not an undisputed starter with you

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I reckon we should all learn Spanish just to chant that!

Is kind of making fun of Argentina from the chilean twitter), there is a famous song dedicated to Maradona..."La Mano de Dios" and start with lyrics similar to that.. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Luischile said:

Is kind of making fun of Argentina from the chilean twitter), there is a famous song dedicated to Maradona..."La Mano de Dios" and start with lyrics similar to that.. 

Even better. The Argies remain one of our arch-rivals, especially to the older generation of English.

• Like 1

Well done Brereton Diaz, what a fantastic experience for the lad. This will undoubtedly boost his confidence and give him bragging rights in the changing room for ages. Unfortunately, within a few hours of getting back on the training pitch at Brockhall, he will be consigned to the wing again as Tony tries to convince him that the Chile coaching staff have played him out of position just because he’s a gringo.

I wonder if Tony actually knew he was playing, Waggott most definitely wouldn’t and the loons will just assume we have taken a Chilean trainee on loan for the season.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Luischile said:

here is something of what the Chilean press says about Ben: 

The positive debut of Ben Brereton that excites the Red

The Chilean nationalized English striker Ben Brereton made his debut for La Roja and left a good image against Argentina.
The Blackburn Rovers striker played the last 13 minutes of the match against Argentina, time that was enough for him to show some of his qualities. He showed speed, fought balls, ran, held in the area, showed skill and even cleared balls at critical moments. He entered very plugged in, and he got on perfectly with his companions. Martín Lasarte wins a more than valid alternative for the attack.

The British had no problems helping in the back, with sacrifice, clearing an occasional center, with delivery. He had only been on the field for five minutes and it seemed that he had played his whole life in the National Team, because he complemented himself very well with his teammates, in all sectors and in all facets of the game.
And although Martín Lasarte's team was focused on defending, the striker did not neglect his central task, which was to attack. And he did well, despite the fact that Chile practically did not have the ball and was completely besieged by Lionel Messi and company.
Even so, it managed to be an outlet and create danger in the trans-Andean area. In fact, when the national team was able to come out of a counterattack a couple of times, Ben Brereton was very prominent, exhibiting great speed and skill. In that last play and like an experienced 9, the attacker held a ball very well in the opposite area, which then Charles Aránguiz finished off and missed

In just 13 minutes, Brereton delivered. And although it is early to draw definitive conclusions about his performance and what his real contribution may be, the image he left in Rio de Janeiro is more than positive. And also hopeful, because in Chile there are not many center-forward of his characteristics. More than one may criticize Lasarte - and rightly so - for not having made him play against Bolivia, when the match required a net attacker.

image.thumb.png.b5a4c9705044c3918b2492848c5c082d.png

Thanks for this & welcome to Blackburn Rovers 😀

• Like 2

The Copa America is always a good watch, most of the countries dislike each other and it shows in the games. Loads of juicy incidents last night, but BB Diaz had a smashing 20 minutes on the pitch. I reckon he’ll start a game soon. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Kie_BRFC said:

He's half Chilean,

He only cost 7 million,

And we think he's fucking brilliant,

Ben Breretonnnnn

(She's electric)

Congratulations, you win.

• Like 1

Thought he did well, wasn't going to watch as I really thought he wouldn't get his chance. Seemed a foot taller than everyone on the pitch besides Otamendi, who didn't really know how to handle him. He looked at his best when they were on the counter, and if we don't have Armstrong next year and we're reliant on Ben even more, we have to play to that strong-suit of his, driving from deep.

Can imagine they will give him a start against Bolivia based off of that cameo.