BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Still running right until he was subbed,i think he did enough tonight to start again in the next match.

Next match Monday, same time, vs Uruguay.  Should be a great, tight match.  Uruguayans & Chileans kick the shit out of each other.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Next match Monday, same time, vs Uruguay.  Should be a great, tight match.  Uruguayans & Chileans kick the shit out of each other.

It has been missing a bit of the South American "passion" in the tournament so far :)

2 minutes ago, mr bishi said:

Spanish twitter seems to be very impressed with his workrate and willingness to see the ball.

This is a shite Chile team though. Nothing like the teams of the recent past.

Well they looked 100 times better than England

Just now, mr bishi said:

Spanish twitter seems to be very impressed with his workrate and willingness to see the ball.

This is a shite Chile team though. Nothing like the teams of the recent past.

I wont dispute that this chile team is struggling.  However, i can tell you that BB in his present form would also have made either the 2010 or 2014 chilean team or the 2015 or 2016 Copa América winning teams.  He is not a bad player and those decent Chile teams didnt have a deep bench and was always missing a central striker.  

1 minute ago, perthblue02 said:

It has been missing a bit of the South American "passion" in the tournament so far :)

Because of the pre-kickoff chaos invokving cohosts Colombia & Argentina and the last- minute shady transfer of the Cup to covid-riddled Brazil, most players, coaches, staff & teams did not have their hearts in this tournent.  If it was up to the players & many fans, this tournament would have been cancelled.  

• Like 2

Just now, perthblue02 said:

it will get more heated as the tournament progresses,chileans despise argentina and uruguay,who don`t like paraquay,brazil and argentina hate each other and everyone it seems hate the columbians,stick them all together and you`ve got a few red cards down when the knockout stage happens!!

18 minutes ago, LDRover said:

DE was obviously making a light hearted joke at the expense of our shit manager. Maybe in your haste to defend all things Rovers related you did miss that.

Still.. it’s not irony is it. 

Chilean humor.  

Shell of your mother= Concha de tu madre (you mother's c*nt).  It's a common expletive, like yelling "f*ck!".  And since Brereton can't speak Spanish, he'd have to yell it in English....

E4MklkfWEAA4Dgn.jpg

foto_0000000220210618190256.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore

10 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Hello.  I'm new here.  i'm a chilean from the US who has been following your boy Benjamín Bréreton recently.  he has generated a lot of buzz in chile, which from reading this thread comes as a surprise for many BRFC fans .  having nationalized players or players with only tenuous cultural ties (beyond any bureaucratic citizinship rights) is not unknown for many national teams and chile is not alone in this (there was a half chilean half swede bench warmer during the last cycle).  he does not speak a word of spanish and the only spanish song he knows is "feliz navidad" (and probably not very well).  that said, welcome to chile, ben!

chile does not have many promising young players so as some have suspected, the recruitment of BB is a bit of chile scraping the bottom of the barrel.   i am optimistic that he weill do well on the team.  Chileans are not tall and BB is a giant among dwarves (i am 5f 7in, like Alexis or Chile's central defender and former Cardiff man Gary Medel).  He shows promise in playing in the center.  I think he has been mismanaged at Rovers and he will benefit from training with south americans and a different footballing language (and i don't mean english to spanish here).  

Ben Bréreton is slated to start tonight vs Bolivia, immediately following the England-Scotland game.  This is his big chance to make an impression against a covid-depleted Bolivia team, that chile tied 1-1 against at home just 2wks ago.  I hope he does well.

I love how the accents over the I in Benjamin and E in Brereton have appeared. He is a proper Chilean now. Me gusta Ben Grande.