BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

His agents, probably the ones that got him here for 7 mill in the first place, seem to be doing a stirling job of ramping up his next contract offer.

Either that or he really wants out.

Doubt it's anything to do with his agents, journalists just putting stories out there because Isak is likely to leave Sociedad.

8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Doubt it's anything to do with his agents, journalists just putting stories out there because Isak is likely to leave Sociedad.

What do agents do then when their client is up for contract renewal ?

That's right, exactly the same thing. Wouldn't be doing their job otherwise.

Linked with Leeds and now real Sociedad. It gets stranger and stranger. I find this whole thing totally surreal and frankly hilarious.

Everything from how he was selected (champ man), why he was selected, to the fact he’s become a national cult figure in Chile for scoring 1 goal and setting 1 up. Apparently he now has quadruple the social media followers than Rovers have. It’s bizarre. I just don’t get it at all.

7 games out of 10 he’s total dog shit. The other 3 games he’s ok but no more than you’d expect from a professional footballer. Still he’s gone from someone who would be happy just to see his contract run down a la grabbi to a sellable asset. Strange times.

• Like 1

I'm happy he's doing better and i'd expect him to have a good season next IF he's used properly.

However i'd still snap the hands off anyone who would pay 2 or 3 mill for him after this tourno. That could prove top be the best bit of business in the entire summer.  A few quid towards easing embargo and maybe help the finance men tempt Armstrong into signing a better deal for now.

And it's another enigma off the books before he starts costing big wages.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Why insert a sell on clause for brereton when we paid such a large fee for what seems potential. Arma was a low fee so makes sense they had a sell on clause but to pay too whack on potential and then have a sell on aswell is ridiculous. Someone at rovers has had the pants well and truly pulled down

Absolutely spot on.

As for who is having their pants pulled down well it's always the owners by the succession of chancers they've given contracts to to run the Club on their behalf over the last ten years.

It isn't these people's own money they're pissing up the wall, they always get paid and/or do very nicely out of it no matter what.

Before Gav starts, ultimate responsibility lies with the owners of course because it's their name over the door. Wouldn't it be nice though for us, and for them, if just for once someone was not trying to feather their own nest at the Club's expense?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm happy he's doing better and i'd expect him to have a good season next IF he's used properly.

However i'd still snap the hands off anyone who would pay 2 or 3 mill for him after this tourno. That could prove top be the best bit of business in the entire summer.  A few quid towards easing embargo and maybe help the finance men tempt Armstrong into signing a better deal for now.

And it's another enigma off the books before he starts costing big wages.

I'd want money back for Brereton minimum. I've always said I can see a hint of a player trying to emerge with him and I think he would thrive under a different manager.

Gallagher's a different story. I'd snap anyone's hand off if they offered around half of the £5m we paid for him.

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd want money back for Brereton minimum. I've always said I can see a hint of a player trying to emerge with him and I think he would thrive under a different manager.

Gallagher's a different story. I'd snap anyone's hand off if they offered around half of the £5m we paid for him.

i often feel sorry for gallagher,he`s played in a position thats out of his skillset and makes him look worse than he is,if you played him at centre forward with a smaller player behind or off him he`d thrive,sadly though we`ve got a right prop as a manager who plays everyone out of position,if venkys suddenly decided to give him 200 million quid for a promotion drive,we`de still be the same dull plodders that we are today

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i often feel sorry for gallagher,he`s played in a position thats out of his skillset and makes him look worse than he is,if you played him at centre forward with a smaller player behind or off him he`d thrive,sadly though we`ve got a right prop as a manager who plays everyone out of position,if venkys suddenly decided to give him 200 million quid for a promotion drive,we`de still be the same dull plodders that we are today

Agree, his skills are poor but he's got all the attributes of an old school battering ram striker.

Needs balls and crosses banging in front of him, he also has the workrate to harry center defenders all day. Truly wasted being shunted wide right/left striker and general carthorse up and down the flanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst I think that talk of Leeds and Real Sociedad is pie in the sky, maybe after this tournament may be the best time to sell him. Prices/interest in players can swell on the basis of one international tournament.

Karel Poborsky comes to mind,great at Euro 96,signs for Man U from Slavia Prague and ends up being shite.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst I think that talk of Leeds and Real Sociedad is pie in the sky, maybe after this tournament may be the best time to sell him. Prices/interest in players can swell on the basis of one international tournament.

The only way Mowbray will sell him is if it makes him look good to Madame and co in Pune. So if someone offers £9m for BB, he'll be gone. Will turn a silly signing into a good one overnight for Mowbray purely in financial terms - though I and a lot of fans won't forget it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Why insert a sell on clause for brereton when we paid such a large fee for what seems potential. Arma was a low fee so makes sense they had a sell on clause but to pay too whack on potential and then have a sell on aswell is ridiculous. Someone at rovers has had the pants well and truly pulled down

Or whoever did the deal at Rovers was laughing their tits off "as if anyone will pay more than 7m for him! Sure, fill ya boots"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

¡Estamos en la sede del Blackburn Rovers, casa de BEN BRERETON! - Pelota Parada

Posted this on the TM thread but it should really be on here Chilean TV visits Ewood in the latest escalation of Brereton-mania, plus they speak to Bradley Dack and a Tony Mowbray scribbling like a nutter on his tactics board.

That bit where Mowbray is scribbling away is absolutely ridiculous. I laughed out loud but really don't find it funny. That's our manager...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

¡Estamos en la sede del Blackburn Rovers, casa de BEN BRERETON! - Pelota Parada

Posted this on the TM thread but it should really be on here Chilean TV visits Ewood in the latest escalation of Brereton-mania, plus they speak to Bradley Dack and a Tony Mowbray scribbling like a nutter on his tactics board.

He mentions the Bastards at 16:16 and then says they are in the Prem and Rovers are in the Championship. The fella in  the studio laughs. I demand to know why he laughed before a diplomatic incidence is declared. Can @LordBaltimore translate please😉

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

So he's said we are following the Norwich, Sheff Utd, Preston, Brentford, Swansea now Barnsley models over here.

Yet he gets on Chilean tv and thinks it's safe to chuck Burnley in now.... !!!

Like a cat chasing its own ###### tale he is.

30 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He mentions the Bastards at 16:16 and then says they are in the Prem and Rovers are in the Championship. The fella in  the studio laughs. I demand to know why he laughed before a diplomatic incidence is declared. Can @LordBaltimore translate please😉

He refers to el Classico (the derby) and states that we hate Burnley to death, as that’s our Classico. That’s the bit I think is found funny, rather than the fact that they are in the prem and we are in the championship. For a couple of Chilean nationals, the concept of Rovers hating Burnley, is probably quite amusing. 

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

He mentions us being Premier league winners too. Refers to the shirt and the ground as super pretty and loves rose.

Just now, lraC said:

He refers to el Classico (the derby) and states that we hate Burnley to death, as that’s our Classico. That’s the bit I think is found funny, rather than the fact that they are in the prem and we are in the championship. For a couple of Chilean nationals, the concept of Rovers hating Burnley, is probably quite amusing. 

Thanks.

I ❤️ Chile

• Like 2