BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant do without our (cant believe im saying this) main goalscorer for 3 games, also setting a precedent which may mean he misses 7 or 8 overall. Nor is it right to bribe him to sign a new deal by allowing him to go.

I suspect it will be a joint decision by the whole league rather than us ourselves not allowing him so it wont be something that he can be annoyed about.

I totally disagree with your first two statements. We can afford to be without Diaz, we have other options. All contract negotiations are based on bribery of some sort. Football is not a world of chivalry.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant do without our (cant believe im saying this) main goalscorer for 3 games, also setting a precedent which may mean he misses 7 or 8 overall. Nor is it right to bribe him to sign a new deal by allowing him to go.

I suspect it will be a joint decision by the whole league rather than us ourselves not allowing him so it wont be something that he can be annoyed about.

Absolutely- I think it’s not that surprising though - he’s always had the raw materials but you know as well as I know what confidence does.

Currently 5 out of 6 in the Blackburn darts / dominos league and it’s crazy how easy those doubles fly in when you’re on a roll 😆 

Edited by JBiz

Given the UK restrictions and the 3 games BBD would be forced to miss upon his return from Sudamérica, I find it hard to believe he will be making the trip to play for Chile, much to my disappointment.  The Covid situaiton is "manageable" in Chile, which had one of most successful vaccination roleouts anywhere, with over 80% of the target population vaccinated and continually falling rates.  Football fans have returned to the stadiums.  But BBD would have to play in Ecuador and Colombia too (places where covid still runs wild) and the restrictions places upon him on his return to England are more than fair, unfortunately.  Covid is such a hassle.  

CONMEBOL is squeezing 3 games instead of 2 for the next two rounds of upcoming qualifying games now in September and then in October, in order to make up for the two cancelled games from earlier this year, presumably for Covid-related reasons.  There are plenty who say that those Spring games were really cancelled because Argentina and Brazil decided they didn't want to play each other before June's Copa América.  Given how these two countries routinely put their thumb on the CONMEBOL scales, this corrupt scenario seems more plausable than the official Covid excuse for cancelling the March games.

• Like 3

Expectations were (are?) high in Chile for BBD's participation in the upcoming qualifyers against Brazil [in Chile w/fans present] and at Ecuador and Colombia, especially with Alexis Sánchez out with injury for the Nth time and lacking options up front.

Here is a screenshot of a BBD story on Chile's national news titled "Brereton +10 others for the triple qualifying date"

20210819_183512.thumb.jpg.d4cdc8d49ae34fad8af37b7b78f22204.jpg

Chile's national news and other national broadcasters have now begun to cover Blackburn Rovers results in their sports coverage, especially if BBD is involved.  This still is from a clip featuring the fan reaction to his goal.

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Expectations were (are?) high in Chile for BBD's participation in the upcoming qualifyers against Brazil [in Chile w/fans present] and at Ecuador and Colombia, especially with Alexis Sánchez out with injury for the Nth time and lacking options up front.

Here is a screenshot of a BBD story on Chile's national news titled "Brereton +10 others for the triple qualifying date"

Chile's national news and other national broadcasters have now begun to cover Blackburn Rovers results in their sports coverage, especially if BBD is involved.  This still is from a clip featuring the fan reaction to his goal.

Is it just me, or does something not look quite right with that still - it looks like someone has moved the big screen to the corner between the DE and JW. I know I'd had a few scoops on Friday night but I'm pretty sure it was still in its usual place on Saturday & I can't think what else it could be. 🤔

6 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Yet Waggott just sits on his hands, ignoring the huge opportunity we have in exploiting this situation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Is it just me, or does something not look quite right with that still - it looks like someone has moved the big screen to the corner between the DE and JW. I know I'd had a few scoops on Friday night but I'm pretty sure it was still in its usual place on Saturday & I can't think what else it could be. 🤔

It’s the City Ground in Nottingham.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s the City Ground in Nottingham.

😂Cheers pal, that'll explain it then!. I'd just assumed it was taken from the BBE on Saturday after he scored, a bit blurry but, shitty stand on the left, 3 decent looking sides, floodlight column in the left hand corner.

But yeah, now I look more closely, the seats do look a bit red and the red around the pitch should've been a giveaway, plus the fact the dugouts have disappeared! Suitably embarrassed now! 😳

Edited by windymiller7

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is talk in CONMEBOL of cancelling the upcoming qualifiers since England and Spain have announced they would not cede players for the upcoming int'l dates with France & Italy possibly following suite.  This whole thing is one big coviddy clusterfuck.

17 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Chile really were desperate for a hero, weren't they? Brereton + 10 others for an international side as if he's the only players they give a damn about?!?

Great stuff!

Chile is desperate.  No doubt.  "Another Brereton" has been named to the Chile squad in American & half chilean Robbie Robinson who scores goals for David Beckham's Inter Miami.  

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Villa letting Martinez and Beundia out didn't help the other teams .Can see a FIFA sanction coming which will mean he could possibly miss 2 matches

Surely Villa are governed by the premier league, and we are governed by the EFL. Personnally I would have let him go.

It looks like there'll be quite a few issues as a result of this. Apparently Villa & Spurs only agreed to release Argentinian players if they were allowed to fly home after Sunday's game with Brazil. Argentina are saying they know nothing about that!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12398194/tottenham-and-aston-villa-in-new-row-with-argentina-over-availability-of-international-players

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Premier league clubs made the same ruling as the EFl

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Premier league clubs made the same ruling as the EFl

Was the EFL outcome, a ruling or an advisory ? If it was a ruling, you would have thought the EFL would have consulted with FIFA before making the ruling .  

On 03/09/2021 at 02:36, SuperBrfc said:

Seeing a lot of animosity online towards Rovers from Chile fans over Brereton not being allowed to join their squad. A lot of #FreeBen posts going around, and even a petition.

Who would have thought it 😁.

It's doing my head in. Literally every Twitter post (I don't do any other social media but I'll guess they're similar) is spammed with either #FreeBen or an essay in Spanish by the dozen. Unreadable now, which is a shame as, our Twitter used to be fairly entertaining read.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

With Senor Diaz out for 2-3 games we literally have 1 first team striker available.

That's incredible. If Gally gets injured or suspended we could have none available.

Has that ever happened? I guess we would just throw McBride on, or Mowbray could quite happily start a front line of 3 wingers.

Personally I would team up Gally and Sam Burns. By the way, do we know for certain that Diaz is out for 2-3 games ?