BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's a bit of a phenomenon that Rovers just can't see. I think I saw a comment from Waggott saying something about the cost of getting merchandise to Chile but that is all I have seen. Surely Macron must be interested in this and have clubs who wear their kit out there. There will also be lots of sports outlets who work in a commission.I

I see this as pretty much a free hit for Rovers but still they appear to be dawdling.

Absolutely, hence why a fan led promotion would embarrass them. Just typical of the lethargy, amongst the whole operation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's a bit of a phenomenon that Rovers just can't see. I think I saw a comment from Waggott saying something about the cost of getting merchandise to Chile but that is all I have seen. Surely Macron must be interested in this and have clubs who wear their kit out there. There will also be lots of sports outlets who work in a commission.I

I see this as pretty much a free hit for Rovers but still they appear to be dawdling.

we don`t appear to even have a scouting network anymore so it`s hardly a surprise that we don`t have a marketing dept either,there is a complete malaise around the club,from top to bottom

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Absolutely, hence why a fan led promotion would embarrass them. Just typical of the lethargy, amongst the whole operation.

The way I see it is that Waggass and Co are hoping for a club to come along in January with a huge offer, so why put any effort into promoting the lad when he could be leaving in a couple of months. The apathy continues……

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The thing is, it wouldn't embarrass them, because they don't give a shit.

Then why and how did they stump up the cash for buying him? I am not defending their tenure at all but it’s clear they do have an element of interest in the club otherwise they wouldn’t fund it to the tune they have and continue to do !

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The thing is, it wouldn't embarrass them, because they don't give a shit.

I think if the media got hold of it and we’re told in no uncertain terms, the reason for the fans doing something, it would almost certainly embarrass them.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

If only there was a way of contacting a reputable merch manufacturer/ printer in Chile and sorting a licence out for non kit related stuff,

Some time in the future I bet there will be a way of doing this , heard a whisper about a thing called the world wide web and a way you can send letters without a pen and paper

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, PotterLog said:

Yeah my team Stoke is on there too because we have our own “service”, although in actual fact I believe it’s basically the iFollow feed contracted out through the clubs - as far as I know every Championship club offers this, particularly to overseas viewers. You’ll have to join up to the Rovers version.

Assuming you can watch Stoke in Chile PotterLog then any Chilean should be able to get most of our games on RoversTV. I had no trouble watching the Blackpool game in Mallorca two weeks ago.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

¿WTF?

you're entitled to your opinion.  even if it's a stupid one.

so latin american goalies suck....the goalie is short....the goalie crouched.....the goalie trimmed his nails that morning.......pff.  It was a great fucking goal, no if's and's or buts.

Get real. And shut it.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

On the national news last night, the nation of Chile ponders the important questions facing the country, such as "Why we Chileans love Ben Brereton".  

20211016_063634.thumb.jpg.6efbec25299547385e7286abcadb1890.jpg

As a huge Brereton fan I just want to thank you for the updates from Chile 👍 Keep them coming!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, only2garners said:

Assuming you can watch Stoke in Chile PotterLog then any Chilean should be able to get most of our games on RoversTV. I had no trouble watching the Blackpool game in Mallorca two weeks ago.

I was in Majorca then, didn't look to hard but I guess you had a laptop and VPN ? 

11 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Then why and how did they stump up the cash for buying him? I am not defending their tenure at all but it’s clear they do have an element of interest in the club otherwise they wouldn’t fund it to the tune they have and continue to do !

Balaji---a gambler. Nothing better to do with his millions. Not  a football decision.

4 hours ago, PotterLog said:

You should only need a VPN if you’re in the UK, the majority of games are available to overseas subscribers on iFollow or the club service.  

So after I registered with the official Rovers site i have access to RoversTV et al and can actually watch the games now 😃.  Glad  it's on demand too, so i don't have to watch anything live.  I have passed that on to my friends in Chile who have also been wondering how to watch the games.  

If BBD stays on at Blackburn, their official site at rovers.co.uk may have to add a Spanish-language version of their site for their new audience.  

• Like 5

Argentina's most popular sports newspaper, Olé, has an article on Ben.  It's in Spanish but google translate does an ok job these days.  The title translates to:

Ben Brereton, all the rage in Chile: three goals with La Roja and a street with his name

https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/america/ben-brereton-furor-chile-calle_0__IIzYM7Ng.html

wfPPnTjOm_720x0__1.jpg

Obviously, at this point this is NOT an official street name.  The street in Santiago is simply called Benjamín and someone has added Brereton to the street sign.  Still, at this rate it won't be long before a major thoroughfare or some other piece of infrastructure bears the name Ben Brereton.

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Balaji---a gambler. Nothing better to do with his millions. Not  a football decision.

You suggest this 47er but come in let’s have some hard evidence! A gambler doesn’t chase £120m plus losses and pumps more cash into it to keep it operating 

Did anybody hear the rumour doing the rounds yesterday about the cost of getting Brereton back for his fifteen minute cameo yesterday? The rumour suggested that a private jet brought him back from Chile, he is in rented accommodation over Chorley way and a hired luxury vehicle with perspex screens was used to ferry him to Ewood and back. The same vehicle will be used to take him to London and back next week. It was said the total cost would be £85k.

As I said it's a rumour going around so don't shoot the messenger.

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Did anybody hear the rumour doing the rounds yesterday about the cost of getting Brereton back for his fifteen minute cameo yesterday? The rumour suggested that a private jet brought him back from Chile, he is in rented accommodation over Chorley way and a hired luxury vehicle with perspex screens was used to ferry him to Ewood and back. The same vehicle will be used to take him to London and back next week. It was said the total cost would be £85k.

Bang !

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Who cares if it is true? He's our top scorer 

• Like 1