BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Its not the norm though. I had my first flat at 16, moved to another country by 19 but that isn't to say that everyone is the same. I know mates from my childhood that still live with their parents - at 40+.

He went on a 2 month holiday, everything arranged etc etc. BBs confidence (add in all the other descriptors) was battered by the way his arrival was handled and this in turn will have affected his relationship to TM. Signed for 7m and dumped, played wide, reserves, etc, his arrival will have negatively effected him. Chile, showed instant faith played him and after a better season last year would appear to have catapulted him mentally and now we are seeing the benefits. TM is a pish poor manager, look at others Raya, Nyambe, Rothwell all similar cases and all clearly better when their mental state is managed correctly.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

He went on a 2 month holiday, everything arranged etc etc. BBs confidence (add in all the other descriptors) was battered by the way his arrival was handled and this in turn will have affected his relationship to TM. Signed for 7m and dumped, played wide, reserves, etc, his arrival will have negatively effected him. Chile, showed instant faith played him and after a better season last year would appear to have catapulted him mentally and now we are seeing the benefits. TM is a pish poor manager, look at others Raya, Nyambe, Rothwell all similar cases and all clearly better when their mental state is managed correctly.

I don't disagree with most of that. His Chile exploits have obviously done him good. 

Just my point was in reference to you stating you moved abroad at 17 on your own. People are different. Some could handle that at a young age, but I am not sure Ben was that type of person. At the time of this transfer to us, I remember reading that he was in a state of shock about Forest selling him so suddenly and that he didn't really want to go. Having to move away from home to a new club at an early age etc etc, coupled with the mismanagement you stated above, when all combined must have had a big effect on his confidence.

He has slowly improved season on season, so its not all down to Chile, but I think he has matured a lot in the last couple of seasons. How Chilean fans warmed to him from the off must have been huge for his confidence, and of course getting on the scoresheet on your full debut also helps to relieve any pressure.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ulrich said:

By dumped, do you mean not played at a point when he was so far off the standard required that playing him had a massively negative impact on the team? Played wide, he plays wide now, he also plays wide for Chile. And he played once or twice in the reserves as an attempt to get him some game time of some description and also some confidence.

How is Rothwell or even Nyambe a case of their mental state being managed incorrectly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

By dumped, do you mean not played at a point when he was so far off the standard required that playing him had a massively negative impact on the team? Played wide, he plays wide now, he also plays wide for Chile. And he played once or twice in the reserves as an attempt to get him some game time of some description and also some confidence.

How is Rothwell or even Nyambe a case of their mental state being managed incorrectly?

Let’s face it. It was like playing with ten men on occasions. I can’t recall a turn around like it in all the years I’ve been watching football.

• Like 3

I notice TM asking rhetorically how much is Brereton worth "£30 million, £40 million"?

Is this a reminder to the owners as to what a great job he's doing?

Or is he simply drumming up business because, if he is worth anything like TM is claiming, there is no way we could pay him what he's worth.

Chilean news from lastnight.  Mentioned Blackburn's 0-7 defeat but no highlights.  The coverage focused on Brereton being called back for next week's Chile qualifyers vs Paraguay & Ecuador and Tony Mowbray's complaints and whining regarding BBD's international duties.  "Mowbray is suffering from a panic and complaint attack".  They displayed his recent quote regarding this accompanied by various shots of Mowbray eating and holding up a chocolate bar. 

"They cry for Ben"

20211104_140310.thumb.jpg.27bed4b0fe97253bbf67bded3b6370af.jpg

"Blackburn cries due to Brereton call-up"

20211104_140436.thumb.jpg.16846513838d18f0e6d38d17aed2534c.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore

I thought the complaints that Rovers were making was about the two qualifiers that are scheduled for late January/ early February 2022 and not the November games? These games are not in a recognised international break and will mean that BBD will miss two league games (unless he’s already moved on by then of course!).

I have seen this now in several articles so it made an impact in Chile.  Seemingly the most important detail to come out of his long interview is that he is a bit of a Colo Colo fan because his mother is a mild supporter of the team.  Colo Colo is Chile's most popular club & certainly one of the "big two" [along with Universidad de Chile].  They are know as "los albos" [the whites, same root as albino or Albion].

Big Ben is "White"

20211106_063210.thumb.jpg.24edede136de3158174b739846601a78.jpg

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!  Brereton and his mother are Colo Colo supporters."

20211106_063248.thumb.jpg.7b5ccb8dea90dd4b49cbfc08d9bb73a1.jpg

Litterally in Spanish "from such stick/wood such a sliver".

20211106_063320.thumb.jpg.9f4eca9ff485eb102a4e5a7e4382750c.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I hope there's a few that took the bet, hold out and BBD smashes it 🏆

A few days ago, I heard of two Darreners who each had a £20 bet @ 1000 to 1. They’ve agreed to share winnings, so have cashed out at £10,000 on one bet (£5k each) and are keeping the second bet alive, hoping that it comes in by the end of the season.

• Like 7

Ben Brereton landed in Santiago de Chile yesterday.  A large number of fans and reporters were waiting for him unleashing a fresh round of Breretonmanía.

20211109_101923.thumb.jpg.66fb9c2a899cf4c9d842057434d0a187.jpg

"Brereton: Lasarte's weapon to keep the dream alive"

20211109_101944.thumb.jpg.694cbdf8cfd90d0787c17c5dd707f871.jpg

Chile play Paraguay away on Thursday.

20211109_101958.thumb.jpg.fd177a5d3b1d467225e6a72c11d79d2b.jpg

20211109_102115.thumb.jpg.1d0ce5dd1ca792224b67cd3b7e55f062.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, LordBaltimore said:

Ben Brereton landed in Santiago de Chile yesterday.  A large number of fans and reporters were waiting for him unleashing a fresh round of Breretonmanía.

20211109_101923.thumb.jpg.66fb9c2a899cf4c9d842057434d0a187.jpg

"Brereton: Lasarte's weapon to keep the dream alive"

20211109_101944.thumb.jpg.694cbdf8cfd90d0787c17c5dd707f871.jpg

Chile play Paraguay away on Thursday.

20211109_101958.thumb.jpg.fd177a5d3b1d467225e6a72c11d79d2b.jpg

20211109_102115.thumb.jpg.1d0ce5dd1ca792224b67cd3b7e55f062.jpg

I take my hat off to him, he must really want to play for Chile if he’s prepared to go to all that trouble.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s not a picnic with all the Covid hoops to jump through. Then play international football a day or two after.

I don’t think there are too many hoops at the moment into Chile Tyrone, especially for someone like Ben. A test before and when he arrives and a form to fill in (which I suspect he might have done for him). Then another form to come back and a test back here.

The pretty constant media attention in Chile would I think be more hassle.

• Like 1