BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

22 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I know you have Potter in your name, but I lived around Stoke myself for about 7 years and I wouldn't call that a thick Stoke accent. I'd say it's a bit of a mix, about 80% Stokie maybe but something else underlying it (which I'd assume is a dash of Chilean, but it doesn't really sound Chilean because of the mix...she almost sounded Geordie in a few brief moments!).

That said, despite the fact I can do a lot of accents and lived down there for 7 years, I was never able to do a Stokie accent properly myself. It's a bit of a hodge podge of a few other accents, I could never figure out the 'rules'. Sometimes it sounds scouse, sometimes brummy, sometimes northern...

I hail originally from Stafford. Always found it out, and quite fortunate, how we had a relatively week accent despite being surrounded on 3 sides by stoke, Cannock and wolverhampton.

2 hours ago, PotterLog said:

As in "t'owrate duck, ast thee ad thy eowtkeeks yet this meowneen?"

PM for private dialect lessons, good rates

Before moving down there I'd always thought 'duck' was a term only used for women. You can imagine my surprise when the first person to call me it was a burly bus driver in Newcastle-under-Lyme! Thought he was hitting on me or something.

35 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

I hail originally from Stafford. Always found it out, and quite fortunate, how we had a relatively week accent despite being surrounded on 3 sides by stoke, Cannock and wolverhampton.

I didn't spend a lot of time in Stafford, mostly just travelled through, and mostly at the uni (and at a uni, you'll always get all sorts of accents). So I never really got the chance to listen for the accent. If that's true I'd imagine you're either a bit posh there 😉 (the amount of people I've known from York or other parts of Yorkshire that sound southern...) or the accents all cancel each other out somehow.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PotterLog said:

Nice finish. That rifled near post shot seems a bit of a signature goal for him

Obviously i'm not saying he's as good as CR7, but I would imagine similar to CR7 opposition managers are saying don't let him shoot from anywhere in and around the box, because he seems to be able to find the net with a wide range of finishes now 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Obviously i'm not saying he's as good as CR7, but I would imagine similar to CR7 opposition managers are saying don't let him shoot from anywhere in and around the box, because he seems to be able to find the net with a wide range of finishes now 

opposition managers may also be telling their keepers not to dive where he's aiming............

3 minutes ago, bboy said:

Like this is just mad now. It's crazy. Enjoy the money who ever bet on the 20 goals and didn't cash out. Your bravery deserves it, at this rate you'll have the money for Christmas

I took the half and I am kicking myself, but I am also buzzing for him & everyone who’s stuck it out.

It gets said a lot, but this story is incredible. It’s like he’s manifested Leicester 2015-16.

• Like 1

It really is incredible. His 2nd goal, no way he scoring that 2 seasons ago.

I see the odd comment people saying Rovers fans eating their words etc, but I disagree. Whilst I think we all knew he wasn’t great, he’s always had a huge backing from fans willing him to do well.

• Like 2

He was crap but now he isn't and that's all that matters bollocks to the point scoring saddos.

I still wouldn't have committed that 7 million when we did as its taken years for him to look like a 7 mill striker. Then if we lose him soon for less than double it's all been a waste of time anyway unless we finish in top 6.  

Cool finisher and looks great carrying the ball goalwards he almost glides with it. We'll miss him when he's gone so better enjoy him and make the most of it whilst he's here. So no bottling the top 6 Mr Mowbray, go to places like Stoke and look for a win please.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CheshireRover said:

I took the half and I am kicking myself, but I am also buzzing for him & everyone who’s stuck it out.

It gets said a lot, but this story is incredible. It’s like he’s manifested Leicester 2015-16.

Don’t kick yourself for it.  I did the same, but I needed that chunk more then than I needed the full amount come when he gets it.  There was no guarantee he wouldn’t get injured or sold before he hit it so can’t be blamed for cashing.  I’m just mad I didn’t put another fiver on as I said I was gonna (and I’d have let that one ride!).

It’s just crazy how he can’t stop scoring.  Every chance that falls to him, you feel he’s gonna put it away and I’m sure he feels the same.  It’s remarkable how consistent he is without having a wealth of chances, and how without Armstrong’s presence he’s been able to flourish, yet without the detriment to the team that came with Armstrong’s greediness.

I have been a staunch defender/supporter of Brereton from the off and said there was a player there when others didn’t and I’m just glad he’s showing what he can do, to our benefit.

Regardless of his goals, his work rate has always been exemplary and he should be lauded for this more than anything.  Seems a really lovely, likeable lad too which always helps.  

If he signs a new deal and continues to do the business for us, he could really cement himself in folklore, if he hasn’t already.

I bloody love the guy. 

• Like 5

I first saw Brereton when we beat Forrest away the year we got relegated. He stood out to me that day because of the way the home fans treated him and how he glided across the pitch with the ball.

My brother lives in Bristol, we went to the game the season before Covid and I was telling him how bad this Brereton had been, and after the game he agreed.

Last week I went to Bristol game with him and was telling how great Brereton was, he wasn’t having it. Then after the game, despite Brereton not being massively involved, he took his offside goal well and got the equaliser, my brother appreciated the change in the player.

I have always supported him, but his price tag made you forget his age in the early seasons.

• Like 1

Brereton is just unstoppable now. That level of confidence to finish his second goal. Last season, he will probably be looking to cross for Armstrong to tap into an open goal. But this season, just wow. This Chile thing has certainly give him a massive boost in his self-belief and his own abilities.

16 goals already. Arma had 28 last season. Hope he stays with us and injury-free!

Wonder what BBs value would be. Arma went for £15m but I would argue BBD does more for the team as a whole than Armstrong who was more of a poacher in the box. I could see PL teams preferring a BBD player who would fit well into a high press team which a lot of the top flight seem to want to play.

• Like 3